Crash poll

Drazo - Heavens Tear
Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Support Desk
Just as the poll asks, vote which one is most applicable to your case. Crashes include freezes, termination/closes and error messages that are not disconnected related. For disconnection issues, vote in the other poll.

It would be nice if you posted the details of your crash(es) here too, thanks. b:victory
Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
Post edited by Drazo - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Findur - Heavens Tear
    Findur - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well I never hade problems before genie patch.
    I have 100mg line and top pc with 4 gig ram. After genie patch I have dc, freze and lag spikes you name it and I have it.

Regards
    Findur
  • Miggie - Heavens Tear
    Miggie - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've been freezing for almost a week now. Same as others i've never experienced issues like these before, and it happens everywhere not just arch. Can't play at all until this is fixed.
    Cheers
  • H_Farkas - Dreamweaver
    H_Farkas - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have no stuck, or client failure at all :)

Okay in this config:
    ABIT AT8 32X
    Ati X1950xtx (doubled in crossfire mode)
    SB 128 "0220 - disco generator"
    Razer c0pperhead

Config video on youtube
  • Sugar_cube - Sanctuary
    Sugar_cube - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    crashes all the time...but i dc too ..so which do i vote in? lol
    Tried clean reinstall yesterday..set cat shop last night...a little while later same thing. (even turned off everything from firewall, antivirus and windows defender) Crash to desktop, bug report shows up.
    Running: vista 64 bit, 4GB...nvidia geforce 9500 .. quad core2 ->2.33GHz
    I am about ready to give up at this point. No point in attempting to play if this is going to continue to happen. Appears to be lack of support from staff at pwi.
    I will not issue a ticket for them to tell me its my computer when i know its not.
    b:angry really really not impressed at all.
  • Sir_Snacky - Heavens Tear
    Sir_Snacky - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My problems are in very busy places like Archosaur. I do get very little freeze lags in the other places such as Lost, Etherblade, and Plume but not all the time. However, like most people, my problems started when the genies came to life. For those that run Catshops, I actually talked to a GM about this and he told me to minimize the game and return to your desktop after setting up shop and that will prevent the game from crashing. For those that don't know how to minimize the game just hit CTRL+ESC and you will return to desktop. Since getting that answer I have not bugged out while in catshop. I do hope they fix this soon though.
  • Llewellyn - Lost City
    Llewellyn - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Its becoming realy extreemly annoying and realy redicilous, cant even make any afk shop anymore since genie patch and lost a bunch of xp cause of silly crash deaths

They trying to chase ppl away with this cause the servers become to crowded?
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This is stupid, close plis
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This is stupid, close plis

If a moderator or administrator agrees that there's no need for this thread to continue then they may close it. Also, you spelt "please" wrong. b:cute
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • SweetMisty - Heavens Tear
    SweetMisty - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hi all!

Yes I have been having these problems since the last 3 patches but even worse in the past week...

I do WQ and no matter where I can be on the map...it lags, freezes and disconnects...Now for West Arch...it's just almost impossible to go but we need to get there to do CS and start/finish WQ...

I fight mobs where noone else is around and same thing happens...

This IS ridiculous and it surely states that it's not the catshops in West Arch that is causing the problem....at the top or bottom map...

Also I, personally, never go in catshop mode so it's not like I left my computer on and ingame so it would cause a lag after...

I haven't submitted a ticket either because I know that the problem is not from this end...

And also, from seeing the little bit done to fix this issue....it's kind of ironic that these problems coincide with the arrival of the 3rd PWI game...so my guess is...are they taking resources from this game to apply them to the other game???

One thing for sure...PWI is not honest with us!
  • dreamenchanter
    dreamenchanter Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My wife and I have identical PC's. Since the genie patch, she disconnects about ever 2-3 hours. I have no such issues. I have checked her system to see if she has anything programs that start up on boot and removed all that were not needed by windows. Basically, antivirus and system dlls are all that start now. I updated all her drivers. She still has this issue. I uninstalled then reinstalled the game. She still has issues. If not resolved soon, we will go back to City of Heros. She is afraid to do any TT's or FB's due to fear she will crash.

We both have Dell Inspirions with 2 gig memory, Nvidia 8600GS 256mg video cards with Athlon 64 X2 3800 CPUs
This discussion has been closed.