GM. openion/Thoughts on Dc?

Options
HuntresPrime - Lost City
HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
well i for one know that you guys patrol the forums and the game. and can only do minor things in specified areas.

im guessing the Dc issue is something the Dev team has to work on...

so before any one else makes threads saying. GM FIX IT I CANT PLAY
or. I AM NOT PLAY GM U FIX
or... GRRR I AM PAY PLAYER FIX NOW OR I AM WILL TELL FATHER TO SUE YOU FOR TAKING AM'S MONEY AND NOT LETTING AM PLAY RIGHT

GM's and MOD's alike. what is your opinion on this issue? will it be fixed soon?
and what will happen to those respective people that loose items and charms from such Dc's? can you give us some kind of comfort and let us know What is going on?

please and ty
Post edited by HuntresPrime - Lost City on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    its not something they can instantly fix, its their ISP- internet service provider.
    according to my tracerts, they runn off cogent co, which it notorious for its failure internet service in the gaming community up and down silicon valley and the coastal areas. theyve already gave 2 statements on a previous thread, so me suggest you go search for em :P
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    We should spam their ISP's forums with QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well i for one know that you guys patrol the forums and the game. and can only do minor things in specified areas.

or... GRRR I AM PAY PLAYER FIX NOW OR I AM WILL TELL FATHER TO SUE YOU FOR TAKING AM'S MONEY AND NOT LETTING AM PLAY RIGHT

GM's and MOD's alike. what is your opinion on this issue? will it be fixed soon?
    and what will happen to those respective people that loose items and charms from such Dc's? can you give us some kind of comfort and let us know What is going on?

please and ty

Well it is the weekend and I don't think GM's work on Sunday. Nor do I think they work this late at night seeing as it is in the middle of the night. However as stated before in another thread they are having ISP Issues. Meaning it's not the games fault but their service provider. Although we're starting to get lots of dc's on the east cost now too. So I wonder if they are over looking something. Even so be patient we might have some constant dc'es until monday. Most company's in america don't do very much on Sunday.
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Xarfox spilled his coffee on the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    once a day, i can cope. twice, annoying, but deal able. but this is going beyond nuts, and into the realm of just damy stupid...wwhen are they gonna figure out what is cutting everyone off? Corin and i were grinding up there near jewel, and got DCed off twice in 5 min. i went to check the forums, and found they are croaked too.

didnt they just put in some kind of new hardware recently? seems to me they need to do an emergecy maint, as they have before, and *fix it*-put back whatever it was they had right before...

please and ty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited May 2009
    Options
    you should calm down. the obvious sounding answer, and the easy sounding answer isnt always the right answer ;P
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I just got dc'ed twice in the last 5 mins, it's ridiculous.

didnt they just put in some kind of new hardware recently?

If you look at Perfect World, you will notice that they've implemented a third game: that could well be the reason for such frequent shortages. They would take away some of our regular game's resources to provide for the new game.

One way or another, it is highly dishonest, and a total lack of respect for the (golden goose) community... but greed will breed more greed, is it any wonder there are so many ugly greedies in the game?

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Arawnsengir - Heavens Tear
    Arawnsengir - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    you do realize they will ignore this thread since it asks for their opinon/direct non-generic answer...
  • HuntresPrime - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    you should calm down. the obvious sounding answer, and the easy sounding answer isnt always the right answer ;P
    like putting the mouse into the keyboard port b:shocked

but. usually with in a few days even a few hrs their can be an update to the situation. and its rare the Gms would post on a topic thats 3 pages back.

reminds me of when i played maplesea (lived in california. ping was awful but had some good friends) any way.
    just last year they had major lagg issues and couldn't figure out what it was. finally. singapore put the blame on CHINESE HAXORS trying to take over their servers 0.o but in the end they reset every ones sec codes (needed to see your personal data such as billing) and wanted every one to either pay the $5 usd =8 ringets or make a new account. i said * you and left. lol

3rd time server went down WHILE i was typing this lol
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think that they need to do an Emergency Maintenance and fix this. I am patient but come on!!!

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Sleepyhead - Sanctuary
    Sleepyhead - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    dcing very 5mins in the game is not good >_< RAWR!!! i can't do anything now... not even crafting...
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Used to never DC, always wondered what everyone's deal is.....

Got dc'd four times in 15 minutes tonight....b:surrender I surrender

Please let me know everything is ok b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I give up! b:surrender Emergency maint, NOW please! b:angryb:cry
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • RazerXD - Lost City
    RazerXD - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I wonder how they sleep at night knowning they have a huge problem b:angry
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the problems DONT come from the servers.

(Like explained in a previous post, and tearvalerin just said some messages ago)

Just check your connections to the servers.

When working and when you have a disconnection.
    8 65 ms 64 ms 64 ms te1-1.mpd01.par02.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.14.189]
    9 * 64 ms * te1-3.ccr01.par04.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.2.78]
    10 134 ms 135 ms 134 ms te3-8.mpd03.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.1.93]
    11 139 ms 142 ms 140 ms te8-8.mpd01.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.27.169]
    12 167 ms 168 ms 173 ms te8-8.mpd01.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.24.54]
    13 189 ms 191 ms 190 ms te8-4.mpd01.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.185]
    14 215 ms 215 ms 214 ms te7-1.mpd01.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.34]
    15 214 ms 215 ms 225 ms te9-2.mpd01.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.150]
    16 324 ms 215 ms 215 ms te4-2.mpd01.sjc03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.106]
    17 209 ms 209 ms 209 ms 38.104.138.46
    18 209 ms 210 ms 211 ms border2.t7-1-bbnet1.sje.pnap.net [66.151.144.5]
    19 212 ms 212 ms 212 ms edge2.ve255.sje-sje004-764.sje004.pnap.net [66.151.149.54]
    8 63 ms * 63 ms te1-1.mpd01.par02.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.14.189]
    9 64 ms 64 ms 64 ms te1-3.ccr01.par04.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.2.78]
    10 134 ms 134 ms 135 ms te3-8.mpd03.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.1.93]
    11 140 ms 140 ms 141 ms te8-8.mpd01.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.27.169]
    12 167 ms 167 ms 167 ms te7-8.ccr01.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.81]
    13 190 ms 190 ms 189 ms te3-4.mpd01.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.185]
    14 215 ms 214 ms 215 ms te7-1.mpd01.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.34]
    15 215 ms 215 ms 214 ms te3-4.mpd01.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.1.26]
    16 215 ms 215 ms 215 ms te4-2.mpd01.sjc03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.106]
    17 261 ms 332 ms 342 ms 38.104.138.46
    18 208 ms 209 ms 209 ms border1.t8-1-bbnet2.sje.pnap.net [66.151.144.68]
    19 210 ms 210 ms 210 ms edge1.ve255.sje-sje004-763.sje004.pnap.net [66.151.149.50]
    20 * 210 ms 210 ms edge2.ve101.sje004.pnap.net [74.201.126.2]

Times are crappy and some hops wont respond for some time.

If you play from france (SFR/NEUFtelecom) Gaoland seems to have the same problems
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • angryaz
    angryaz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    b:angryb:angryb:angry
    I COULD cARE LESS wHAT THE PROB IS
    what really pissed me off is the fact the GM are not getting back to us in game about the prob

and the fact it gone on for 2 weeks now do something anything
    instead of taking ppl money and saying nothing and giving back something

you say its a free game but you make it so you cant go get to a higher lvl with out spending on it

if you going to provide a srevice provide it im sure ppl could sue you lot in the US for this kinda S&%t

and if ye missed it before i dont care what the prob it (but your making your prob my prob)
    and if you would inform PPl on what going on so they could make a choise i wouldint have a prob cause the i make the choise then

pissed off Angry and let down b:angry
    seem like you only care about get money and F%&k the service
    it lags enough as it is with out the DC's

love Angry
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    angryaz wrote: »
    b:angryb:angryb:angry
    what really pissed me off is the fact the GM are not getting back to us in game about the prob

I agree with you on that point.. more communcation would be great ;)
    you say its a free game but you make it so you cant go get to a higher lvl with out spending on it

I wont agree, you can level and be high level without spending real money, You just have to farm or spend a little more time than ppl than invest money in the game
    if you going to provide a srevice provide it im sure ppl could sue you lot in the US for this kinda S&%t

You sure could try to sue them.. but the problem comes from a 3rd party ..

qo back to square one.
    seem like you only care about get money and F%&k the service
    it lags enough as it is with out the DC's

love Angry

You cannot say they dont care about the service, they wouldnt have upgraded the servers if that were true

Laginess (framerate) comes from your computer ...
    Lag (network lag) are caused by 3rd party

PWI servers were originally opened for North American players;
    europeans, and other ppl are welcomed,
    even if PWI GMs can "force" cogent to see to their equipements, it will be a lot harder for them to "force" european ISP to see to their equipements.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    well ive played this game with 4 charcters. a BM lv 25. got bored. made an archer lv56. got bored. made a veno. lv 52. got bored then made a cleric 22. got bored. now back to veno.
    all i have spent is $ 20 bucks on the game. $10 to upgrade a spotted manta a friend sold me for 250k. and the other $10 i had laying around so i thought what the hay might as well enter the 7-11 contest its eather that or a meal at burger king with a friend. but in no way did i find it needful to use the cash i had.. the upgraded ride is nice. but not needed. the Panda is also nice. but again. not needed...
    and in case you DO want something in the cash shop (boutique) you can always buy the gold off other players for in game coins.
    (which i have done on 3 occasions)

so in no way are is spending real cash needed to lv up to the max
    i just grind all my money on both my archer and veno. although it got tougher with the archer.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    LETS GO DOWN TO SILICON VALLEY AND KILL COGENT!
    i srsly hate them more than i hate necro spam
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Want to know something really amusing*?

I've experience less DC issues in the last several days then I ever have had. Seriously, even my alt account running on my wireless laptop next to me has been logged on DW since the servers came back on from from the last maintenance.

* = Not really that amusing of course
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
    edited May 2009
    Options
    LETS GO DOWN TO SILICON VALLEY AND KILL COGENT!
    i srsly hate them more than i hate necro spam

NOOOOOOOOOOO

if you do that you will set in motion a chain of events that will lead the company to develop a better network known as SKYNET. need i say more?