edited May 2009 in Cleric
Which is better and why?

Mainly looking for PvE.
Post edited by Jahumaca - Harshlands on

Comments

• Catriona - Lost City
    Catriona - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Pure for PvE definitely. If you play your character right it's not hard at all to do things on your own. I'm on a pvp server and my build is mainly for support although I'm finding it pretty easy to PvP with it too. Light armor would give you more defense but it would nerf your attack power and your heals because you would have less stat points in magic because you had to put some in str and dex for armor. Just use shards and ornaments to make up for what you lack.
    Float like a butterfly; hit like a truck! b:chuckle
  • Jahumaca - Harshlands
    Jahumaca - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Pure for PvE definitely. If you play your character right it's not hard at all to do things on your own. I'm on a pvp server and my build is mainly for support although I'm finding it pretty easy to PvP with it too. Light armor would give you more defense but it would nerf your attack power and your heals because you would have less stat points in magic because you had to put some in str and dex for armor. Just use shards and ornaments to make up for what you lack.

Ok, I was leaning towards pure, Thanks :)
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Arcane > LA
    hybrid 50 vit Arcane + Def ornament > LA in every way (damage, hp, physical resistance, elemental resistance)
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Arcane > LA
    hybrid 50 vit Arcane + Def ornament > LA in every way (damage, hp, physical resistance, elemental resistance)

Exactly.

I've tested ALOT of builds many different times on many different characters, this is working the best for me on my newest cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Arcane > LA

You get more phys resistance with hybrid 50 vit arcane than LA?

Show me plz! o.O

(lol dont take that as being sarcastic- i honestly want to see how you did it b:thanks)
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    for some reason the page pwcalc mess up and I can't create char o.O
    but well, I think you can set it up your self
    lvl 85
    Arcane: 55 vit, str enough to wear equip, rest to int
    LA: 84 str, 84 dex, rest to int
    All equip are +5 (+4 is ok too ), 4 slot and shrard with grade 5 shards
    Arcane: Gold TT80 set, TT 80 hat and pdef ornaments, Yaksa ( my preference, I think arcane should use this weap), 12 hp shards and 12 pdef shards
    LA: Gold TT80 set, TT80 hat and mdef ornaments (most LA prefer it over pdef, don't ask me why =o), Endless (make up for the lack of vit), 24 HP shards.

All buff
    The difference should be small but it still prove my point =))
    With 100 vit, the different should be clearer with Arcane 16 HP shards and 8 pdef shards =o

But well, all the equipment above are base solely on assumption, nothing more, you can get lucky and get a good cape, or any other *** with nice +pdef and +hp mode ( my footwear is +5 vit, + 69 x2 pdef for example, or my wrist + 5 vit, + 70 hp, +69 pdef) which will widen the different gap between 2 build.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I would go mag. you might like some of the armours especially female.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Arcane > LA

I am still a bit sceptical. 50 vit= 500 hp. I easily get around 800 hp from my gear right now, most only refined +1. LA should wear a hp helmet, not sure if you were using arcane hat or hp helmet in your calculations but that's an easy +200hp right there. And unless you want to get some really nice shards you're not really going to beat LA pdef. As for mdef, obviously arcane wins.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2009
    @Azazel:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=62e42f4f69ee9c5f mag
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c7b682e0ec111206 light (with pdef ornaments; nothing stopping LA build from wearing robe gear, so no point in wearing mdef ornaments)

Another thing, the higher you refine, the more hp LA gets compared to arcane.
    If I used g5 shards, the pdef/hp difference would be even higher.

Unless you're rich and can use the stuff used in the simulator, LA would be better for PvE. In the end, PvE is going to be all about TT which is filled with melee aoe bosses. Just replace yaksa with the level 80 glaive for LA, then the max damage isn't that far off.
  • LuciAtreides - Sanctuary
    LuciAtreides - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok, I'm completely new to this and thus far have chosen light armor. Since I don't feel like starting another thread, I would just like to know if there will be parts of the game that are completely closed to me as an LA cleric?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok, I'm completely new to this and thus far have chosen light armor. Since I don't feel like starting another thread, I would just like to know if there will be parts of the game that are completely closed to me as an LA cleric?

If you dont socket your LA with HP shards later on ~lv60 you wont be able to go and do TT (Twilight Temple)
    b:dirty