What drives you to play after 90?

Options
HolyInferno - Sanctuary
HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Not trying to QQ here. Honestly, I want to ask the other 9x's of the server, what is your drive? TW? TT? I mean that this point, that is all there is. But lately, things have become so monotonous, I wonder why I am still playing.

TW? Leg vs Nef + whichever guild decides to thrown in a bid... I mean, it was fun the first 2 times, but seriously, getting really really stale.

TT? Sure i can go in and do it for hours on end, get the best gear and call it a day. But...i think im coming down with instance-sickness.

Get the highest level? Why? Everyone is going to sit comfortable at 100 (or 101 if you really really have a lot of time on your hands) anyway. w00t everyone is special = no one is.

lol: i guess this is directed to the GMs and Devs and whoever the hell is in charge. When will there be events to look forward too? Other functions of the game to try and explore? Is there end game content even feasible to obtain? I am not looking to make PWI my career where i'm going to spend the next 5 years of my life to get one part of a warsoul item. 200k rep for rank 8? are you nuts? Please, reconsider how you run the game before people really start to reconsider you. And no, i dont care about the newest skimpy outfit you just put in the catshop....

i hope Jade Dynasty is better. b:bye
b:bye you were all swell peoples
Post edited by HolyInferno - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Corennes - Sanctuary
    Corennes - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I am still working on my equipment but other than that I don't know what to play for...

well jade dynasty is probably better till lvl 90 but the same then.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm playing as long as I have good tws,no matter who get's the whole map ,when they stop = I quit.
    I'm still regretting the day I didn't roll a pvp server,this whole damn server is a gigantic tea party.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    just wait.. once they raise the level cap to 150
    it'll get better

hopefully..
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    just wait.. once they raise the level cap to 150
    it'll get better

hopefully..

one year to reach 105 ...

how many years for 150 exactly?

Holy dont go...
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    once the level cap raises they'll make it easier to level
  • LiuYuanDe - Sanctuary
    LiuYuanDe - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    For me, its to get to the Top 50 of the server, which I did today b:victory

(btw, Corennes stop grinding so much, u are catching up way too fast b:sad)
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ohhh, i got to pvp top 50, but i highly doubt i'll go for rank top 50. but for now it's to make all my equipment godly :P other than that i pretty much stop grinding already :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I really ask myself this more and more frequently recently.

I am used to playing console games and tend to be a completionist, making sure I get 100% of what the game has to offer. Once I hit 100% I stop playing.

So what do you do with a game that has no realistic end?
    I could go for the best bow, the best tome, the coolest mount, all of the skills, etc etc... is there really a point though?

I'm never going to be #1 on the server I think but #6 archer isn't bad and am in both top 50 boards which is cool, I guess?

There are still a few notable things left for me to complete: finish rebirth delta, enter unicorn forest of the past, complete lunar glade squad, finish my frostland quests. The annoying thing about these is that they are heavily reliant on parties and I always feel like I bring so little to a party. I want things to look forward to that I can personally accomplish rather than being entirely reliant on venos for everything.

Really I think the most redeeming aspect of the game for me at this point is the people. I enjoy talking with some of you much more than my friends in real life. Still after learning most of my friends are quite a bit younger than me it makes me feel kinda old...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I wouldn't know. I stopped playing after I did everything. xD.
  • Hrimhari - Sanctuary
    Hrimhari - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Id pk a lot but its a PvE server :D
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I envy you all who pushed to 90. I'm probably going to hit 83 tonight but blaah. I'm having trouble pushing myself any harder than cs/wq everyday and then done. Aye there's rebirth but having no experience in it and a lack of faction mates within my level range sort of prevents me from participating =( stuck with grinding constantly til my eyes melt sort of turns me off to leveling hard. So grats to those who nailed 90 (I'll get there some day =O)!!
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I envy you all who pushed to 90. I'm probably going to hit 83 tonight but blaah. I'm having trouble pushing myself any harder than cs/wq everyday and then done. Aye there's rebirth but having no experience in it and a lack of faction mates within my level range sort of prevents me from participating =( stuck with grinding constantly til my eyes melt sort of turns me off to leveling hard. So grats to those who nailed 90 (I'll get there some day =O)!!

the legendary secrets on RB leaked the same day I hit 86. Q__Q
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The only reason I've played for as long as I have is because I enjoy coming on and bothering factionmates.

Get some friends Holy >c.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrsurine - Sanctuary
    Mrsurine - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I started playing October, lvl to 21 in two days. Got kinda bored and then lvl to 24 created a cleric, lvled that her to 20, then quit for a while. Went back to this character :P. Then bam.
    I was getting bored since I didn't really understand PWI and there weren't many features that I could use.
    It's probably just the same thing. Take a break from PWI....Come back in a month or two....There will probably new features for you to try and catch up witht he people that have lvled to 500 while you were gone :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'M DARTH VADAR!"
    "Who gives a sith?"
    b:chuckleHAHAHAHHA. I'm not funny. b:cry
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The only reason I've played for as long as I have is because I enjoy coming on and bothering factionmates.

Get some friends Holy >c.

but but, I have friends b:cry
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

where are theyb:shocked?
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • devil85
    devil85 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    they must be busying grinding b:cry
  • LiuYuanDe - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    b:surrender
  • LiuYuanDe - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options

He bothers me a lot b:cry

Stop being nice to me and start grinding with me again b:surrender
  • Coralynxia - Sanctuary
    Coralynxia - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The problem with this game and other "RPG" games are that they are level-up driven games. When you reach the end...theres nothing more to explore because leveling up had previously unlocked new areas of gameplay. The gameplay format of leveling up is kind of crazy when you think about it. Most players are driven (guided by developers) to play to attain levels and accumulate wealth. The social satisfaction, imagination of getting into your character, and exploration of the fantasy genre, are really subordinate to the level up drive. Honestly, it should be the other way around don't you think? You could come away remembering fantastic stories, adventures and incredible people you've met. Instead, people remember the level they've reached and wonderfully expensive items that they have. Every game that is level-up driven will always leave you feeling empty at the end.

If you are really bored at the high levels, maybe consider starting level 1 characters with your friends and going on adventures and so on. Try to get more into the imaginative aspect of the game. Develop a character that has real depth. The first step to creating a character with depth is to give it an ACTUAL name. Now imagine how many people are running around with names like HotGurl123...