Wha equipent is needed for a Lv23/24 Archer?

Options
Akrilloth - Heavens Tear
Akrilloth - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Archer
Title explains it all...

What weapon and Cape and Armour, not type, the Name or a website that has a data base of all PWI stuff in.
Post edited by Akrilloth - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ratched - Dreamweaver
    Ratched - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Base your armor on your build. But in general focus on

+Dex
    +Vit
    +Phys Res

The most important part of your equip is your weapon. You are made for DPS and if your weapon is slacking than you are slacking. Your Fb19 X-Bow with the highest available shot is suitable. Socket it with ATP. You shouldn't need to replace this weapon till 35. Your armor should enhance your stats, Focusing on Dex improves your damage/crit while vit/phys res improve your survivability. Choose the right balance.

My archer is still only 36 so I am sure there are better people to give you advice.
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What weapon and Cape and Armour, not type, the Name or a website that has a data base of all PWI stuff in.

talk with a NPC o.0
  • Akrilloth - Heavens Tear
    Akrilloth - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol.

Ratched, what's ATP? 0_o
  • Ratched - Dreamweaver
    Ratched - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol.

Ratched, what's ATP? 0_o

Increase Physical Attack +##

Attack Power w/e I'm used to other terms from previous MMO's
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I would recommend grinding with cheapest projectile (shot/arrow etc) and only using most expensive if you have tons of money to blow or you are doing pvp.

b:victory
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Use your FB Trial Xbow till you can craft a better 2* or 3* weapon. If you don't craft, see what you can find on the auction house. Use the cheapest bolts.

Don't worry about armor or gear until you can afford your lvl30 rank gear, which should be your first high quality chest/legging set. Get that, and don't worry about armor again until you are 40+.

I was really lucky and got some great 3* FB drops, so I have a few 3* items that I normally wouldn't have bothered getting, but they're nice so I'm still using them. I did buy Armor of Barbarian Shaman around lvl 45, only cause I saw a mold for 300 or 350k and know when I resell it I'll make a small profit, and I purchased a 2 socket Sinister Shooter with 2 G6 shards for 950k (and just sold it earlier today for 1.25m and 6 mirage stones).

Anyway....

If you're crafting, try to make a few items that you might actually use and you might get lucky. I was levelling my crafting skills, so I was fortunate enough to make a 3* lvl35 xbow (that I used until I got the Sinister Shooter at about lvl 46) as well as some nice 2* boots with all resistances.

So if you want a nice weapon, either craft one or save up your coin for a Sinister Shooter... nothing matters much before that, and you get General Summer's Bow at lvl 50 (through supply stash) that's really nice, so save up your coin for a hammer.