40+ Venomancer Weapon

Rikka - Harshlands
Rikka - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
I'm a venomancer that's just hit level 41. So far I've been using my FB19 weapon.

The FB19 weapon can be used until the late 30s, which means it's now time to get a new weapon. I've heard some good ones can be made from molds, but I don't know much about this. Should I buy a weapon from an NPC or mold one? Or is there a good quest reward weapon soon?

Any suggestion/advice on which weapon would be good is welcome. b:victory
Post edited by Rikka - Harshlands on

Comments

• Akiratojo - Heavens Tear
    Akiratojo - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ooops.... read my next stuff instead... I put level 30 weapons down =_=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
    Warning: This user has bad spelling
    edited May 2009
    Okay... as fas as level 30 is concerned you have these options:
    For molds:

☆Mirage Sword - lvl 22
    Physical attack 121-181
    Magical attack 217-265
    Physical Attack +23
    Magic Attack +23
    Dexterity +2~4

☆Order of the Stars - lvl 30
    Physical attack 158-237
    Magical attack 284-347
    Magic Attack +29
    Phys. Res.: +118
    MP +135

☆Flame Wand - lvl 22
    Physical attack 106-129
    Magical attack 238-243
    Maximum Magic Attack +38
    Magic +4~5
    Vitality +4~5

The above are your options for molds, and they stand at the top, but here is what I can say about it. What I can say about them is that the price you are paying for them can be easily put towards better things, and especially that you level fast up until 60-65ish. What Id say is hold off on the molds for now and try to get a 3☆:

☆☆☆Sage's Pestle

Physical attack 121-164
    Magical attack 193-289

You can get a lot of different bonuses on it as well. I had mine +4 vit +3 mag and =3% channeling wich is rare, very rate anyway, but achievable.
    Go to the auctioneer and look up this weapon. A okay version of this weapon (meaning mid bonuses) shouldn't run you too much compared to the molds above, but will still be effective until you can find something better.

Lastly, if you are a WF (fox form veno), then you might want to consider the order of stars, sure it is a mold, but it has better p.attack and the Phys. Res.: +118 always helps.

Any other questions are welcome xD

EDIT:

Lack of sleep sorry.

☆Wheel of Fate-43
    Physical attack 208-281
    Magical attack 333-499
    Magic Attack +35
    Channelling -3%
    Vitality +6~7

This is a weapon I highly reccomend.
    I have a HA veno, and I was using this weapon level 43-71, why? well because I +d the **** out of it.
    It was a +10 weapon, had about 500-800mattack, +2 beut shards in it, so it was my favorite...

If you +it a lot (costly) you will get a lot out of it. That is about the only thing I can recommend from personal experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
  • Rikka - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Thank you very much for your help! I think I'll consider taking the Wheel of Fate. However, I've read that the price goes around 2mil. May be too much for me. >_>

Sage's Pestle might be a good idea then.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you want to replace your weapon now I recommend crafting an Exorcision Pestle, the level 39 glaive, a two star version will get you to level 50. At level 50 you get a 3 star Magic Sword from the Supply Stash for the cost of a 5 Gold Perfect Iron Hammer from the Boutique.

If you want to wait and get the Wheel of Fate, it will still get replaced at level 50, most likely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rikka - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    If you want to replace your weapon now I recommend crafting an Exorcision Pestle, the level 39 glaive, a two star version will get you to level 50. At level 50 you get a 3 star Magic Sword from the Supply Stash for the cost of a 5 Gold Perfect Iron Hammer from the Boutique.

If you want to wait and get the Wheel of Fate, it will still get replaced at level 50, most likely.

Crafting may mean having to level my blacksmith skills (still at lvl1). :X Is there a way I could get someone to craft it for me if I provide the mats? That could probably be done.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wheel of Fate is equal to the L50 sword and is worth it if you can afford it at level 42.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    The Wheel Of Fate (WOF herein) is much less, my veno is on harshlands, and the WOF that I bought was for 1.15mil crafted, It had a beut mag atack shard in it.

You can find the WOF if you look, after some WC shouts I got it. Before I needed it (before I switched to HA veno) I saw it for 800K, so if you look, you will find one.

Also, by popular demand, the stats for the Exorcision Pestle:

☆Wheel of Fate
    Physical attack 208-281
    Magical attack 333-499
    Magic Attack +35
    Channelling -3%
    Vitality +6~7

☆☆Exorcision Pestle
    Physical attack 147-199
    Magical attack 235-352

☆☆☆Exorcision Pestle
    Physical attack 162-219
    Magical attack 259-388

there is still a big gap between the two.
    I HIGHLY suggest the WOF

And NP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    07-Ghost fan
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ☆Order of the Stars - lvl 30
    Physical attack 158-237
    Magical attack 284-347
    Magic Attack +29
    Phys. Res.: +118
    MP +135
    Order of the Stars is really rare. In the ~4 months I've actively been using the auction house, I've only ever seen 3 on auction on HT (and I nabbed one of them). I actually killed Qingzi about a hundred times trying to get one. Got 3 handaxe molds and a couple of the other molds, but no OOS.
    Wheel of Fate is equal to the L50 sword and is worth it if you can afford it at level 42.

Wheel of Fate is (including bonuses) 451 average magic attack.
    The L50 supply stash sword is 508 average magic attack.
    Both have -3% channel.

You'd have to refine the Wheel to +5 before it'd be better than the L50 sword. It's still the best magic weapon you can get 43-49, but it's not equal to the L50 sword.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I suggested the Exorcision Pestle because if the OP wants to replace it now, the Pestle would suffice, they aren't usually overly expensive in the AH, and they are a definite upgrade to the FB19 weapon. Obviously they are not as good as the WoF since they are lower level weapons and they are not molders, but until the OP has enough coin, or finds one on the AH, the Exorcision Pestle would definitely help her out a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Order of the Stars is really rare. In the ~4 months I've actively been using the auction house, I've only ever seen 3 on auction on HT (and I nabbed one of them). I actually killed Qingzi about a hundred times trying to get one. Got 3 handaxe molds and a couple of the other molds, but no OOS.

Wheel of Fate is (including bonuses) 451 average magic attack.
    The L50 supply stash sword is 508 average magic attack.
    Both have -3% channel.

You'd have to refine the Wheel to +5 before it'd be better than the L50 sword. It's still the best magic weapon you can get 43-49, but it's not equal to the L50 sword.

My bad b:chuckle I forgot my borrowed WoF was +6 Oo But if you can get it at L42 it'll speed up your grinding/killing considerably and IMO is still worth the buy. But it can definitely be done without.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]