Better then PW-MY

Options
lordseith
lordseith Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
So I just loged into perfect world MY after a year and found it that it really really sucks over there, even worse then when I left. Was just wondering is it any better over here? Are you guys stuck with that nasty soulbound patch? Hows the Gm's and forum MOD's over here? Do the bugs in this version ever get fixed? Are playes being screwed over left and right here?
Post edited by lordseith on

Comments

• HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lordseith wrote: »
    So I just loged into perfect world MY after a year and found it that it really really sucks over there, even worse then when I left. Was just wondering is it any better over here? Are you guys stuck with that nasty soulbound patch? Hows the Gm's and forum MOD's over here? Do the bugs in this version ever get fixed? Are playes being screwed over left and right here?

Cant answer that. Never played My version

Don't have any idea what that is, so no?

They're ...there

I'd say they kinda do, except the major issue of flesh ream has yet to be address with anything concrete

Define screwed
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • lordseith
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Souldbound effects HH gold items "gear and weapons" you can't trade them, you can't sell, you can't drop them. So if you borrowed someones golds you can't return them, if you planed on selling them to buy better gear when you lvl'ed up you where screwed out of millions! worst part was no one knew, and you didn't have a choise in the matter. And since you don't have it here I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Souldbound effects HH gold items "gear and weapons" you can't trade them, you can't sell, you can't drop them. So if you borrowed someones golds you can't return them, if you planed on selling them to buy better gear when you lvl'ed up you where screwed out of millions! worst part was no one knew, and you didn't have a choise in the matter. And since you don't have it here I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes gold items are character bound ofter first use. However you do get a nice warning over the item at the forges when you make them, so at least we have a warning.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Lacrimosa - Harshlands
    Lacrimosa - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Actually, we do.. b:surrender All HH/TT gear are soulbound once equipped.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lol sorry to dissapoint u but yes soulbound is implemented here too on gold TT gear
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Your wrong. Green stuffs can be sold.
  • Lacrimosa - Harshlands
    Lacrimosa - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Your wrong. Green stuffs can be sold.

Normal green gear can be sold...but gear from the Twilight Temple made with gold mats are soulbound. You can sell them as long as you don't equip them.
  • lordseith
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yes gold items are character bound ofter first use. However you do get a nice warning over the item at the forges when you make them, so at least we have a warning.

Aww theat sucks but I can live with it just won't buy golds no big loss. On PW-MY I'm just completly screwed and rufuse to buy any more cubi to undue the mess they created on my char. Logging in over there is like a ghost town. They should be going belly up pretty soon. I dont mind donating IRL cash to good games, but I want the support that should come with it. Doesnt sound to bad over here I'm DLing the client now. Anything else I should know about before diving into this? Thanks for all your responces.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yeah, use the proper PWI terms please. As soon as you learn them anyway.

Its not HH its TT, Twilight Temple
    HH is HellHound or Headless Horseman

they are HP and MP CHARMS.

Just some examples
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I can live with HH. I can live with Heiro (altho both of them sound really...lame) but please , NO INT b:surrender
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Gold TT gear is soulbound once equipped here. And thats how its intended to be. It sounds like you guys in MY dont have the warnings as we do tho. When crafted, if its never been equipped it says explicitely on the gear "binds when equipped" (or maybe it was "binds on first use" not sure of the wording). Also when you try to put it on you get a warning popup telling you that if you put it on, it will be soulbound, are you sure you want to do this? So i dont believe its a glitch, but it sounds like we're better informed about it.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the GMs give great and quick customer support, there is a few ISP problems currently but theyre being worked on, hopefully to prevent further mishaps.

this 'flesh ream' **** isnt even a problem like second poster mentioned. it a handful of whiners on the forums who cant kill venomancers in PVP their own level, thus they rant about it here
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Gold TT gear is soulbound once equipped here. And thats how its intended to be. It sounds like you guys in MY dont have the warnings as we do tho. When crafted, if its never been equipped it says explicitely on the gear "binds when equipped" (or maybe it was "binds on first use" not sure of the wording). Also when you try to put it on you get a warning popup telling you that if you put it on, it will be soulbound, are you sure you want to do this? So i dont believe its a glitch, but it sounds like we're better informed about it.
    MY-EN and PWI are the same. The thing he is complaining about is the patch that implemented it. PWI was released with the patch already included so no one got any trouble with it.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    MY-En is a licensed franchise that can take and add future content after theyve purchased a license for it.

PWI has to follow china's schedule for release.

they are -not- the same, nor will they ever be. my-en is stupid, we have our own, better quality, better termed game :P.

TT, charm, venomancer ftw.

**** wf >_>
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    PWI has to follow china's schedule for release.

I'm pretty sure that PWE can decide freely and without permission of their chinese monther company when they release what. But unfortunatly I can't find the according post from a gm so I don't have a source for this :/

And I agree about the abbreviations from MY-EN. Maybe some experienced players don't mind handling 2 different abbreviations for one and the same thing, but it is really confusing for newbies that don't even know what TT is and are confronted with seemingly contradictory statements.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the GMs give great and quick customer support, there is a few ISP problems currently but theyre being worked on, hopefully to prevent further mishaps.

this 'flesh ream' **** isnt even a problem like second poster mentioned. it a handful of whiners on the forums who cant kill venomancers in PVP their own level, thus they rant about it here

I'm not gonna get into an argument with u because idc much about the fleash ream "bug" but u have to admit that the damage isnt reduced but everything else is in PvP so its a "bug" so u can stop complaining about people complaining its just as annoying b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordseith
    edited May 2009
    Options

Just some examples

Thanks for the heads up. Good to see this place is different, think Ill hang around abit. Whats the heads up on the diff servers? I dont like being in drama but I sure like watching it, or reading it :P
  • Jaemin - Sanctuary
    Jaemin - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Personally...I would say join Sanctuary :). We have fun-to-read drama in chat and Heaven's Tear barely even knew what tomes were when nearly every 60+ in Sanct already had one >_>. Plus in Sanct, you don't get jumped as soon as you jump out of a safe zone :O.
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Just some examples

alotta people still use the PWMY terms, yeh its kinda annoying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    thanks For The Heads Up. Good To See This Place Is Different, Think Ill Hang Around Abit. Whats The Heads Up On The Diff Servers? I Dont Like Being In Drama But I Sure Like Watching It, Or Reading It :p

Go Lost City If You Like Watching Drama
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Are you kidding me? PW-MY terms are pro.

I've already got 4/5 HH90 eq ready to go, but I'm only 86 about to get 87... maybe if I popped a few miji I'd get there faster.

Either way I love the free PvP of the game, I'd say Lost City is for me. I never leave safe zone without a heiro... 'cause honestly... what's a WF gonna do without a heiro? We have bad skills. :S

Next thing for me is to dig up some 2-2 elf gold for a humbug for my friend, then I can get the bijou I let him have. D:!

Bijou > Humbug for WF.

iloveyou PWI. b:cute
    No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye
  • Murugan - Lost City
    Murugan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'd say if you're switching from the MY-EN servers, go to Lost City. MY-EN lingo is still used there (e.g. HH instead of TT, heiro (sometimes) instead of charms, etc.). Also, gold prices are lower (130k per gold) than in the other servers, making it very nice for us players that don't want to spend real-life money ^_^
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Goto sanctuary if you wanna avoid that PVP drama ***** that LC is. People wont gank you and jack your gear for fun >_>.

and we have cheaper gold near 105-110k.

and we use PWI terms, which are way easier to understand, MY-EN seems like they just made random names up.
    Venomancer = wf
    Barbarian = wb
    blademaster = wr
    twilight temple = HH
    charm = hiero
    etc.

theres no point in using archaic terms, especially with beginning players, and contradictory names, its just way too confusing. sanc is also more populated and has TT60-80 mats going down into the 1-300k zone, so gearing is easy :O
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Harshlands if you've got money to spend, Lost City if you farm money in-game.

PvE server if you like to be KS'd by bored lvl 8-9x blue names who have nothing better to do. ;D
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    PvE server if you like to be KS'd by bored lvl 8-9x blue names who have nothing better to do. ;D

QFT. I mean if someone comes by and crashes you, you can't kill them in return. And you don't have to go red name and drop your gear if you don't want to...

You can be like Sobbie... Lv 100 WR with like... 5 kills from when people tried to kill us, she killed back. She's never killed anyone before that. :)
    No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You also don't have the choice to avoid level 80+ players that are bored and want to kill your level 30 self all day if you are on a pvp server. You can't do a thing about it. Good luck leveling.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited May 2009
    Options
    and harshland and LC have bot problems i hear :O. and harsh is phoenix infested from cashshop wieners, its the battle of the fatter wallets there
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    also LC and Harsland players are MY-EN fails using my-en names to get all new players confused is not nice ..this is not my-en version if u want use those names go back to delphi or oracle :)
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    We need to decide on a new name for FBs xD

And btw, its extremely hard to lose the PW-MY abbreviations after using them for a year +

I still call charms heiros on accident and TT is HH to me xD thats why im glad i play on Lost City where most of the ex PW-MY players seem to have gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Kytalia - Heavens Tear
    Kytalia - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Although a lot of people seem to hate the PW-MY terms, the ones taken from china are still fine.

For example:

FB (Fu Ben) is still used for the dungeon quests.
    Zhen is still used for AoE grinding.