edited July 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Wizards Rock If U Think So Post Here
Post edited by drealm on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No, they suck.... I pwn level 30 wizards like nothing.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    At 99 and with a lot of money, yeah.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Properly built wizard rock from level 1.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I would like to see that, as far as I know I never lost vs a wizard within 5 level cap.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I would like to see that, as far as I know I never lost vs a wizard within 5 level cap.

EPs tend to own mages, at least in duels. I haven't attacked enough rednamed clerics to know how they are in general PKing situations.

Mages have their advantages against heavy armour classes, due to their lower mdef. Barbs and BMs are easy kills if blink and seal are used correctly.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    "rocks" =/= "pwns everything around".
    Defeating good cleric is a tricky job for every class, not only wizard. BMs had some advantage due to stuns (= no healing for cleric), but even with that it is far from being easy. Even archer will have some really hard time if he did not managed to kill quick.
    --
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wizards do rock but Rinnve is right... "rocks =/= pwns everything around"
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wizards rock would be stone rain.... speaking of stone rain, sage stone rain rocks.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Your sig makes no sense, and duels don't matter.
    Mages have their advantages against heavy armour classes, due to their lower mdef. Barbs and BMs are easy kills if blink and seal are used correctly.

Wrong, BMs are incredibly hard to kill if they keep magic sutra up, and barb have so much hp + the new buff to all their skills and tree of protection perdition... I'd say you'd have a better chance at killing an EP...
    Wizards rock would be stone rain.... speaking of stone rain, sage stone rain rocks.

QFT.
    <3 Sage

It's also key to note that mages are NOT a 1v1 class, and shine at 99+ in group pvp. We're still squishy as ****.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    demon barbs have a 50% chance to one-shot them. i like those odds.
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wrong, BMs are incredibly hard to kill if they keep magic sutra up, and barb have so much hp + the new buff to all their skills and tree of protection perdition... I'd say you'd have a better chance at killing an EP...
    about BMs, you're right, they are impossible to kill with alter marrow, but for some reason I don't see many BMs using it. I'll never understand why.
    And barbs have WAY too much health now thanks to tree, but I could kill them fine before.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    o.o wiz.....food?
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • CJ7 - Sanctuary
    CJ7 - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    wizards rock, if they use distance shrink right they are a royal pain to kill.
  • Catriona - Lost City
    Catriona - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    about BMs, you're right, they are impossible to kill with alter marrow, but for some reason I don't see many BMs using it. I'll never understand why.
    And barbs have WAY too much health now thanks to tree, but I could kill them fine before.

:P I always say that it's easy to find a BM just not a smart one. I play BM, both of the altar morrows I use ^^ and they are wonderfully helpful. But still, don't wizards have one attack that deals a physical blow? Wait for them to use altar morrow magical and pull a 180 on them and it might make things easier on you, but I do believe that physical attack is a sparked move. (I've not played a wizard yet, just BM and Cleric.)

I've found it kinda easy to take down wizards much higher in level than me though as a cleric, but then again, as was said earlier, wizards are better in a group than solo in PVP situations.

Every class in their correct element rocks :P
    Float like a butterfly; hit like a truck! b:chuckle
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yup they're bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HeavenzSky - Harshlands
    HeavenzSky - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wizzys suck unless they are lvl 100 with good equips. b:victory
  • XEPICxBISHx - Lost City
    XEPICxBISHx - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wizzys suck unless they are lvl 100 with good equips. b:victory

Agreed. They're squishy high damage dealers, it doesnt matter if you can 3 shot someone if they can one shot you. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Whyd the chicken cross the road?
    to eat the donut

Whyd the chicken cross the road
    to pwn the wizard
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    They're squishy high damage dealers, it doesnt matter if you can 3 shot someone if they can one shot you. b:chuckle
    Of last few pk/pvp i do remember, only Riordan (8X archer) came close to 1-shotting me. Stun 1XXX then deadly shot 23xx (i now have almost 2.5k hp, so crit deadly shot from 8X archer can 1-shot 60 wiz b:chuckle). This is without earth shield, though. Also, duelled with 65 barb while waiting for party in fb; i've lost and barb was with ~25% hp (human form) - but this was more like 5-shot, not 1-shot. It seems that some wizards must l2p.
    --
  • XEPICxBISHx - Lost City
    XEPICxBISHx - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I guess its not being fully literal, may not necessarily be one shot, but you're the easiest class to kill by any other class. All robe classes have a hay day with mages because they dont have any physical skills - only their fire aoe has physical addon, you cant spam that on an cleric while they're plume shotting you to death lol. Or a veno while they've got a pet on you and armor break you with ironwood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    All robe classes have a hay day with mages because they dont have any physical skills - only their fire aoe has physical addon, you cant spam that on an cleric while they're plume shotting you to death lol.
    Huh?
    http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8912/20090524124031.jpg
    Look at damage log. It was SS. Cleric did not healed himself, of course.
    --
  • Magicz - Dreamweaver
    Magicz - Dreamweaver Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Of last few pk/pvp i do remember, only Riordan (8X archer) came close to 1-shotting me. Stun 1XXX then deadly shot 23xx (i now have almost 2.5k hp, so crit deadly shot from 8X archer can 1-shot 60 wiz b:chuckle). This is without earth shield, though. Also, duelled with 65 barb while waiting for party in fb; i've lost and barb was with ~25% hp (human form) - but this was more like 5-shot, not 1-shot. It seems that some wizards must l2p.

If you can kite pretty good, its easy, also you are LA right, cause at 59 I have 1.4k hp unbuffed! I can kill clerics, archer, and wizzies my level, even with a charm, but bms and barbs are just 2 hard with a charm.
    Member of Dynasty! BTW RBorn died b:sad

ARCANE b:dirty > LIGHT b:surrender!!! b:angry b:angry b:angry

Current Goal: SPAM teh_fishey!

Highest PvE Attack: 22k on FB59 Drake Boss, non-sparked, non-critted, BM dragon, Veno Amped debuffed Sandstorm, lvl 62 Attack, ARCANE FTW!!! b:dirty
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm vit. Unrefined LA has same hp as pure wiz.
    --
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm not a wizard but my gf is, with her grinding is easy and quests are breeze. So for me they rock and my gf is very hot :), so that's a major plus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right
  • Trannvia - Harshlands
    Trannvia - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I like champions 2 cents hahab:laughb:laugh
  • MasonChen - Sanctuary
    MasonChen - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I love wiz especially the nub ones since they only do 500s to meb:laugh.
    And wiz is hard to beat if you know how to play.It doesn't mean you know how to use skill against a class, but to use it in a various of ways and to kite very well. All skills are useful for wizb:chuckle. I dueled the wiz thats the best wiz i know so far.(i normally lose). Wiz is amazing if you could perform a great skill combo and very fast reaction.EVERYTHING IS USEFUL!(even normal attacks)
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    robe wiz = food

LA wiz = food thats really hard to chew

heavy wiz = rare food that tastes really good
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    robe wiz = food

LA wiz = food thats really hard to chew

heavy wiz = rare food that tastes really good

Aren't you the person I always see lying dead on the ground? b:quiet
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Aren't you the person I always see lying dead on the ground? b:quiet

that must be meb:lipcurlb:surrender
  • Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    They rock at ganking while they have full chi and transcendent+ cultivation. sutra spam ftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.