Crazy Stone Insantiy

Options
Fubatsu - Heavens Tear
Fubatsu - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Suggestion Box
The Crazy Stone Quest-givers cause a lot of lag and frustration. Assuming that, even from a GM's perspective, this is a bad thing, I have some suggestions to help. Firstly, eliminate the 10 Minute waiting period. What good does it serve? I'll tell you what harm it causes. All the people hanging around the CS-QGs causes congestion and lag, and I'm willing to bet that most of them are waiting for that 10-minute time limit to end. Secondly, move Tu Jo. There's no reason why she needs to be right next to Hou Jennsi. Move her to a new town even. Maybe move her to Dreamweaver Port, where players of that level will soon find themselves anyway. This decentralization will make for less lag in that little area, and in Weset District in geeneral. Either emply some sort of solution like this, or please explain why things have to be the way htey are.
Post edited by Fubatsu - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I disagree with both points. Using the "Optimal Performace" option always helps me out in Arch. And nobody says you HAVE to wait 10 minutes right there, staring deep into Tu Jo's or Hou Jenshi's eyes like a lost-lost lover...go craft stuff, duel, run around naked...it doesn't really matter. Hell, now that I have my World Quest, I go and work on that after I give the stones to whoever I need to. Then, when I get back, I just turn in both quests in one go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    its helpful for me since i carry my level 55 cleric friend around. We do cs together ;P so benefits us. I would only agree to the 2nd part if dreamweaver was actually a good place to wait 10 minutes. At least in arch, i can shop in the cat shops or AH.

This is why they invented "ctrl + f9" to reduce lag in CITIES. Use it gosh.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Harukie - Lost City
    Harukie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Uhmmm.... Go into BP or get a better computer if you lagg and think its a that big deal. And well, Im happy where they are. And I love the 10min wait, perfect time to just chat, drool in AH or going thro the cat shops. Or like when you wake up, start the computer turn in the quest and let the time go while you do other things, like eating breakfast. Personly, I usely start the quest and then go train/quest and then later on that day when Im in Arch anyways, I finish it. Works fine for me, so I dont see why they should change anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fubatsu - Heavens Tear
    Fubatsu - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Because YOU don't mind th wait doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's a vestigial hold-over from a subscription-based version of the game.

You can wait around on your own time any time you plase, but thre's no excuse why a quest has to make you wait. It's absolutely unnecessary, and in this case may contribute to problems.

Maybe, if I wait long enough, someone willing to honestly think about this will respond.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I would not move her out of the city of Arch but to another district at least. Maybe over near the Elder seems how that part of the city currently gets no love LOL.

As for waiting the 10 mins, yeah...It is just a hold over from the Pay to Play servers where doing anything to make people waste more time = $$$ for the company but in this version it serves no purpose.

As for Mr. "I use that time to get my World Quest done so it is great that it is there"...ye-ah...And what stops you from doing World Quest any other time? You mean to tell me that if you could take your stones to the NPC required and go straight back to the Crazy Stone Lady and get your reward (or even get it from whoever you drop the stones off to) that you would then not do your World Quest or could not do it? LOL
  • CatShadow - Lost City
    CatShadow - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    First of all, I'm not going to shoot your ideas down without giving a reason.

Tu Jo is in Archosaur because A. It's the main city and B. It's the main city for anyone taking the Crazy Stone quest from that NPC. After that, they're heading to Thousand Streams for Crazy Stone.

Actually, most people don't hang around the Crazy Stone NPC for the whole ten minutes. Over half of them are either getting the quest or waiting the last minute or so(I asked about 70 people and 63 said one of those answers). Besides, unless you go super fast to the next NPC, by the time you get back to Hou Jenshi or Tu Jo you'll only have about 3 or so minutes left.

If you've got such a problem with lag in the city, used Optimal Performance. Or don't do the quest at all. Go grind, or help out guildies, or PK(K), or find some people to talk to. There's no law stating that you HAVE to do Crazy Stone.
  • Harukie - Lost City
    Harukie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    First of all, I'm not going to shoot your ideas down without giving a reason.

Tu Jo is in Archosaur because A. It's the main city and B. It's the main city for anyone taking the Crazy Stone quest from that NPC. After that, they're heading to Thousand Streams for Crazy Stone.

Actually, most people don't hang around the Crazy Stone NPC for the whole ten minutes. Over half of them are either getting the quest or waiting the last minute or so(I asked about 70 people and 63 said one of those answers). Besides, unless you go super fast to the next NPC, by the time you get back to Hou Jenshi or Tu Jo you'll only have about 3 or so minutes left.

If you've got such a problem with lag in the city, used Optimal Performance. Or don't do the quest at all. Go grind, or help out guildies, or PK(K), or find some people to talk to. There's no law stating that you HAVE to do Crazy Stone.

I usely spend my 10min in the AH, making up the money I just lost on the quest xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I actually agree with the idea of moving her, but would say that it would have to still be in Archosaur since all the NPCs you're being sent to are also in Archosaur (common sense?). Putting her in the northeast or southwest part would, at the very least, force more traffic to those areas.

The problem with west arch is that you have so much in such a small area (wines, easy to find merchants, auctioner, 6-7 quest givers, praise/punish person, banker (also easy to find)). By directing stones traffic elsewhere, people are more likely to setup their CS related shops in that spot, and become familiar with other areas of arch. As is, west arch becomes an almost standstill for the first 30 mins of each day from people just constantly entering the area, taking the quest, and leaving, only to return moments later.
  • Muah - Heavens Tear
    Muah - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have zero problems where she is, the WQ NPC is right there. So when its a new day I start both my quests. And I don't need her moved. She is where I am always at. When I didn't have WQ I went cat shopping. Or meet people at West when i make deals and there my reward is waiting for me. If the wait is that bad, go do something. You're only wasting time if you are sitting there at the npc doing nothing. So waste your time if you want. I've got things to do and cs is in the perfect spot with the Banker/merchant/jewelcrafter.
    ~Mrs. Curry~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Since 7/4/09
  • CatShadow - Lost City
    CatShadow - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I usely spend my 10min in the AH, making up the money I just lost on the quest xD

lol yeah I do that sometimes too. mostly I just finish "delivering" quests(bring an item from one NPC to another), or go after Charr/Elder Tortoise. I <3 those bosses cause they're so easy xD
  • Ljubica - Dreamweaver
    Ljubica - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    I actually agree with the idea of moving her, but would say that it would have to still be in Archosaur since all the NPCs you're being sent to are also in Archosaur (common sense?).

Common sense tells you if she is moved to another town the NPCs could also be moved or replaced b:laugh

The only thing i don't like about this quest is to wait tho.
  • Calibria - Heavens Tear
    Calibria - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i think a sister/brother npc of the familiar name for the crazystone quest would help even if its the only change. Scatter the family members around town evenly. There are four quadrants in arch, right? In the search quest for crazystone, give us 4 crazystone npcs to choose from showing with them the amount of players already attached to the quest atm.

im all for seeing any clutter removed from pwib:surrender
    Characters;
    CALIBRIA- main- active- *GRINDERS

XERACOTYL- semi-active- *DarkFlare

ASFAULT- active- *DarkFlare

Tired of babysitting your CATSHOP? Visit my suggestion threads: KITTYS IN THE BUILDING and KIB revised @pwi.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    a fool if u wait the 10 mins jsut waiting. such a waste of gametime lol. start it and then go do something else. you will reach arch sometime of the day anyway to turn in.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Balisan - Dreamweaver
    Balisan - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I know, way off topic, but you were a little triger happy with the E button on that eigth sentence. And, I agree, CS is helpful. But it takes the meaning out of the game. It's supposed to be challenging to lvl up. You need to actually have some thing to SAY for yourself when you get to lvl 110, like that you had ENORMOUS patience and perseverance. Only the most persistant deserve to lvl. CS needs to be taken out for character developing reasons, and also so that crowding lag doesn't burn up the servers and subsequently the building that these servers are in. For the good of PWI and the gamers.
  • Balisan - Dreamweaver
    Balisan - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    And I dont care what you say about what I just said. I never change my idealistics.