Kittys In The Building

Options
Calibria - Heavens Tear
Calibria - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Suggestion Box
How about an end to the mass Klutter of Kitty Konsignment Shops!?!

Leave kitty at home... or give us a permanent roof over her head. The walkways of the nearest major city in PWI need not be this overcrowded again with afkers burning home energy opening new consignment shops all day every day. There are enough of them to blind you on the way to your wedding agent or mad dash to nearest post office banker mid rush hour. And to get your shop noticed you have to blow yellow fonts into a teleacoustic horn and overkill comm by advertising your grubby personal wants and needs on top of the consistent call for quest aid, gm aid, taunts, rants and miniblogging all day in that poor little yellow box we call world chat. Then if you can keep up with the multiplied barrage of PMS and whispers to your offers that often go ignored then this change isn
Characters;
CALIBRIA- main- active- *GRINDERS

XERACOTYL- semi-active- *DarkFlare

ASFAULT- active- *DarkFlare

Tired of babysitting your CATSHOP? Visit my suggestion threads: KITTYS IN THE BUILDING and KIB revised @pwi.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Calibria - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Calibria - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    isn’t for you. If you think you have an easy time buying and selling now and getting quick results, then this suggestion wouldnt be for you. Frankly if we didn’t have to show off our little gift shops on top of each other all day to be seen our world wouldn’t be in this pickle jar and our PCs could go and take a break at the end of the day when we do.

Fortunately for us (real-worlders), mankind has already solved this little problem ages ago by building buildings and malls for shop owners! Surprise! And there are already plenty buildings sitting pretty in PWI doing nothing and could live to serve just this 1 purpose!

Imagine sharing this all-in-one space (and a new resizable window) with every merchant and shopper (under certain limitations and circumstances of course) posting and browsing through the enormous amount of goods and gold tendered by other players and getting instant results because you now know just where to go! Perhaps just walking or flying up to the nearest building in any major city and clicking on them seems so simple to you too? Well it should! If not a directory of shops option would be your guide, a nice searchpile of newest to oldest, cheapest to expensive items etc, everything being sold/ordered atm by every player in the city you're in. With this window implemented you would always know where to go and get what you want and get it now (makes auctions window sound like its only made of toy plastic doesn’t it?) Same idea! bigger request! I put some thoughts aside for this later but for every take there is a give which I feel is the benefit PWI Devs end up with for doing this (Cashshop options=>renting/leasing/keys/Storage/ShopSignScroll!)
    Characters;

Tired of babysitting your CATSHOP? Visit my suggestion threads: KITTYS IN THE BUILDING and KIB revised @pwi.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Im not done posting the rest of my ideas on this subject, let me put my notes together first and feel free to comment anytime with your own ideas if youd like to explore this suggestion with me...
    Characters;

edited May 2009
    Options
    Within the 4 major cities create a system where players can place buy & sell items in a browsing window and still be away to do quests while their items are being bought and sold. Imagine this item browser window uses an image, item price, description, quantity and location. Items in the new shops would be available instantly as long as it is currently on sale. If not give the option to use an order form to list any items you cannot find on sale for a competitive price. Meaning a top price in which you and other buyers are willing to pay for that item. Sellers will automatically be looking for the highest offer placed. The same would true for buyers looking for the cheapest competitive price.

Option A. Faction Owned shops
    Have faction owned shops placed inside new market/mall buildings limiting 1 for each faction in each of the 4 major cities. More than one faction can set up shop in each building. There could be several of these buildings in each major city. Each member of a faction can now list their own buy and sell items for free through a faction store. All items purchased must be picked up at the faction's store room. Only from faction stores can items be paid for through any major city. This would mean having every item on sale/ordered by a Faction shop appearing in each major city's shop listing. Items that are ordered through a faction shop follows the same method as they are picked up in the corresponding city where the item was sold to you.

All other players w/o a faction would just set up shop in the general market but shoppers located in another city would not have access to your items unless they visited the city with your shop items. see option b.
    Characters;

edited May 2009
    Options
    General Market Store
    This is a standalone NPC store. Disallow cat shops in the 4 major cities and relegate them to only small towns. Your cat shop and the GENERAL MARKET STORES are available to anyone and is the only place you’d be charged fees for ordering and selling items. GMS serves non faction players and faction players. These can be specially designated buildings and also purchased as a separate room in Territory Faction shops in every major city. If you are doing business in the general market a certain x.x% of fees is paid to place buy and sell items at the city's territory faction store and the NPC general store. If your GMS is part of an owned Territory owner's Faction store all of the accrued fees go to them. This gives factions a new found purpose to battle over a major city territory in the game. Buy a (non consumable) general store from the pwi cash shop so your faction can profit from it. This item is only available to territory owners for use alongside their main shop as well as placement in any other faction shop building.
    Characters;

edited May 2009
    Options
    Option C. Buildings
    These new store/mall buildings can take over some of the buildings already in game, newly placed or refaced to resemble a store/mall. Players click on these buildings and the buy sell search window pops up and you do your business. There would be 2 types of stores: 1 a general store for all players w/faction or non. 2 a faction store/mall for factions shops owned by either npc or territory owner.

Option D. Store Room Key
    Each faction gets the chance to buy a STORE ROOM KEY (consumable) from the PWI boutique for its Faction store to use in the market/mall. This key offers medium, large or unlimited sizes in storage space. The default size is small and very limited that it would not accommodate a full faction except the faction owner would be able to conduct a small amount of business for himself. The bigger the store room the more storage options available to faction members. The SRK is nec to keep the shop running remotely for members who will have multiple orders come in, sales, coin, stashed items to sell later or trade/sell to each other. This store room is also where customers pick up their recently purchased items. Any boost to the default storage space means that more buyers buy and pick up purchases from your faction store room. With the unlimited key all faction members can sell ALL their stuff at the same time. An unlimited store room key for a level 3 Faction's Store would be perfect for its member capacity storage room space. The unlimited SRK should be available to all factions at any level but is reserved as the most expensive of the three keys.
    Characters;

edited May 2009
    Options
    Option E Store lease
    In order to place a shop in one of the market/mall buildings Factions need to lease for a given time period. Up to 4 leases (consumable) per faction 1 named for each of the main cities. The leases would also be purchased from the PWI Boutique.

Option F. Faction Territory conglomerate
    I think a lot of you territory guys would like this. A Faction who owns the territory surrounding any major city would have extra benefits such as automatic ownership of at least one shop building, have featured items listed from all faction members, placement of general shops for non faction members. Every other faction who set up shop in that building has to lease their space from the territory shop owner. If your faction set up shop with the other npc owned shops you only need to buy a lease from the pwi boutique to keep it running. Just as the pwi cash shop lease eventually runs out, the lease rented from the territory shop owner is also timed but can be automatically recurring if opted by your faction.
    Characters;

edited May 2009
    Options
    options a-f all work together although some will not work well without others as you can imagine. There could be room for improvement but I still would like to see all if not most of what I started with implemented.
    Characters;

• Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Very nice ideas. ^^ Some of this would definitely be useful, though I can imagine most of it would be difficult to impliment due to coding.

However, you may want to consolidate all your posts into one big post. People tend not to write you off as a n00b immedaitely, and it's not, you know, against the rules.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
    edited May 2009
    Options
    it just so happens I tried that for this and it would'nt paste more than 2 paragraphs.b:cry
    Characters;

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wow best idea for catshops ive ever read.
    Agreed, and well thought out, well written too. (except for the fact that you did like 8 posts which couldve fit into 2.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Kea - Harshlands
    Kea - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i agree this is a good idea i hate west arch and dubbed it lag central (even with optimized on) so the whole spreading out the player shops and using stagnant and pretty much useless buildings is somthing id like to see
  • Balisan - Dreamweaver
    Balisan - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    b:sweatIn cases you haven't noticed, this problem has already been solved by the auction house, which IS in the four major cities and I think it's probably in Thousand Streams too.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    b:sweatIn cases you haven't noticed, this problem has already been solved by the auction house, which IS in the four major cities and I think it's probably in Thousand Streams too.

I addressed auction house earlier too. But which problems does AH solve, there are so many that exist?

I would say the auction house browser is a quick sample of what a new marketplace system would resemble but these are still two different worlds. Auctions could never replace catshops! meowb:chuckle. Marketplace stores realistically could with good reason. At the same time it would offer a variety of must have marketing options to vendor and customer being faster, (all instant buys/sells) flexible (more availability, competitive pricing, very little micromanaging and advertising) reliable. An MPS also naturally offers players the ability to buy/sell/order items single or in bulk without the wait. You cant fit all that business into a mail box if you know what i mean.

Were still not even clear of all the unmentionable tactile & cluttering problems. We face them daily just by trying to sell or buy items competitively. No one ignores AHs' they serve their purpose. AHs have been in the game just as long as all these lagging issues, have they made a difference?
    Characters;