-3% channeling

Options
Top - Harshlands
Top - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
All these -x% channeling are expensive, but can you really tell the diffrence?

I got a sinister shooter at -0.5% channeling / intervals between hits already

Should I pay the big bucks for it?
Post edited by Top - Harshlands on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You start noticing after it gets past -0% channeling... You just need a microscope

But meh... if I was an archer... **** -% channeling lol...

It's about all my 1337 uber hax godly Crits. (Crit = 1 Shotz)
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • mumintroll
    mumintroll Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Channeling is best just for wizards, because they channel too long. For another classes is useless. Especially 3%. But if you are wizard and have at least 10 items with -3% channeling so together is -30% that is huge different in casting. And this is my goal as a wizard. But it takes long time to get -6% and have 10 items. But when i will have it, I will became killing machine.b:laugh
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    mumintroll wrote: »
    Channeling is best just for wizards, because they channel too long. For another classes is useless. Especially 3%. But if you are wizard and have at least 10 items with -3% channeling so together is -30% that is huge different in casting. And this is my goal as a wizard. But it takes long time to get -6% and have 10 items. But when i will have it, I will became killing machine.b:laugh

This post is so fail. Best ONLY for wizards? Don't make me laugh. It's good for anyone. Useless for any other class? I can't believe your so narrowminded
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You won't notice a difference, but it will be there, and it will make a difference in long fights/long term.

That being said, it might not be worth paying excessive prices for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    pk'ing in channeling gear? Not that big of a deal.

Healing in HH or some kind of instance where it takes 5 minutes + for each boss, then yeah.

For WF you'll heal your herc faster, or for EP you'll be able to spam heals faster...

MG are useless in HH and no one wants them.
    No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    u notice difference only at -12%
    and -chan is good for caster class only ep/wizard/werefox
    as archer u want - interval and i think i saw it only on hh 99 bonus set
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    cv gold debuff bow has -interval.

xD
    No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    dont fork out any cash for it, its only really useful on classes that need to fork out magic, and its only really noticable if you have alot. i have -6% channel and i dont notice much diff with or without. :|
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    dont fork out any cash for it, its only really useful on classes that need to fork out magic, and its only really noticable if you have alot. i have -6% channel and i dont notice much diff with or without. :|

That's because it only drops most of your spells by only .09 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    -3% channeling alone? Pointless... what you do is find as much -chan gear as you can, when you start getting into the -15% and greater is when you really start seeing benefits. Venos in HH/TT for healing and pet spawns benefit the most I think.

-interval for archers. Bracers of Blood Moon -.10 interval. I don't have them, but yes, that does add up to nearly an extra shot when it take 8-10 shots to kill something... and yes that one shot can save you much $$$ on pots in the long run (or give you the edge in pvp).
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I was deciding if I was going to replace my -6% channeling sleeves with TT 90 ones so I did the math on the channeling. Found that the -6% did almost nothing at all since veno spells cast fast anyway. Made the choice simple.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the +mag and vit owns sea captains anyways. i have a +6 mag +8 vit one, wit 3x flawless citrine made atm <:
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yeah I have 124 vit with a base of 70. Who needs channeling when you can get a vit boost that large?
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited May 2009
    Options
    course, cept i skipped the pants for TT90, i like my 80 golds more >_>
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Channeling, while barely useful for most classes, is the holy grail for one class, and only for a specific situation. I'm speaking, of course, of the rare pet tamers. The faster they channel, the quicker they get the pet. Period. So, it's most useful for them, and they'd probably have the money to spend on the channeling gear.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    not necesarily true, he who has faster reaction usually gets it
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    -chan on 1 equip wont do much, but many of it adds up, a little bit here, a little bit there, and you start to see a difference. (kind of like crits)

on some spells with long **** channel (say black ice), it is possible to reduce the channel by about a second with enough -channel

say, sleeves of sea captain, 2x -6% rings, rank robe, necklace of the legion, and something like wraith conqueror or endless ambiguity
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    As for Channeling, with -9% Channeling, I didn't notice a difference ... Like others have stated, I think -12% Channeling or higher would be noticeable. I've sold all my -Channeling gear for different stats that I feel benefit my character the most (at the best price also).
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    as a wizard i noticed -3%
    my plan is to go to -99% or something

batista are you still in Equinox?? dont see you much
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited May 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    -chan on 1 equip wont do much, but many of it adds up, a little bit here, a little bit there, and you start to see a difference. (kind of like crits)

on some spells with long **** channel (say black ice), it is possible to reduce the channel by about a second with enough -channel

say, sleeves of sea captain, 2x -6% rings, rank robe, necklace of the legion, and something like wraith conqueror or endless ambiguity
    lol, a viable substitute is the crappy TT90 gold with 6% channel. either way, it and wraith wont be avaliable on harsh and dream for a -very- long time. not as if people are capable of 2-3 there lol
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I was deciding if I was going to replace my -6% channeling sleeves with TT 90 ones so I did the math on the channeling. Found that the -6% did almost nothing at all since veno spells cast fast anyway. Made the choice simple.
    If you're spamming out damage or heals, -6% channel increases your damage/heal rate by 6.4%. That's assuming it's the only channel item you have. If you already had -12% channeling, the increase would be 7.3%.

The formula for magic attack has a (1 + mag/100) term in it, so each +1 mag works out to a 1/(100+current_mag) increase in magic attack. At level 90 you should have at least 270 magic, so each +1 is at most a ~0.3% increase in your magic attack. If you've been putting 4 points into magic each level, you'll have ~360 magic, and each +1 will result in only a ~0.22% increase in your magic attack.

The TT90 sleeves are +6-7 magic. Best case with +7 mag, they'll only increase your damage/heals by 1.5-1.9%. Much worse than the approx 6-7% improvement from the -6% channeling sleeves (although they'll be more mana-efficient). In a short fight (one requiring fewer than about 14-17 casts) the TT sleeves will be slightly better due to the channeling sleeves not having enough time to provide an extra attack/heal. Heals will increase 1.5-1.9%, but many damage spells have a fixed and weapon damage component, so the actual improvement from +7 mag will likely be less than 1%.

In a longer multi-mob fight or a boss fight, basically any fight where your equipment will make a difference, the -6% sleeves will completely own the TT90 sleeves in terms of damage or heals dealt (though they will consume more mana doing it). The +vit on the TT90 may be worth something, but it'll be hard to offset the 5% damage advantage and 4% heal advantage the -6% channel sleeves have.
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    as a wizard i noticed -3%
    my plan is to go to -99% or something

batista are you still in Equinox?? dont see you much

Yup, I'm in Equinox. I have a partnership in RL with a friend to press CD's from smaller record labels and to get them sent out. The past two weeks have been pretty busy so it's cut into my playtime online. Another 500 to be mastered and pressed and I'll be back in a few days, alot more than what I've been at the past week or two.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol, a viable substitute is the crappy TT90 gold with 6% channel. either way, it and wraith wont be avaliable on harsh and dream for a -very- long time. not as if people are capable of 2-3 there lol

they are.

my friend TekKi is a mage with nearly -50% channeling(for slow people: that's half the channeling time). though he sacrificed pdef to get it, he can kill a mob faster than an archer with a sling. that's saying something.

however, he doesn't use those accessories in pvp. of course.