CONTEST: Summer Action Blockbuster Trailer![closed]

Options

Comments

• dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    regarding concerns about using copyrighted music in your youtube vids -

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The worst case scenario is that youtube removes your video (very unlikely) and in the oft-chance that does happen feel free to message us and we'll figure out an alternative method for you to submit your vid to us.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • CamayLight - Sanctuary
    CamayLight - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So,you say "trailer".Trailers are something arroung 1-2 min.And they have their own sounds,from the movie they represents.Does this mean,i can take trailer of some movie,lets say "BLOODRAYNE" and use ONLY SOUND from this trailer with PW video footage?

And you also say ,we can use any song we want.DOes this mean,"music video" INSTEAD of trailer will be okay?Or it will be trailer ,but with some song,instead of video-footage-sounds?

excuse my bad english :)
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So,you say "trailer".Trailers are something arroung 1-2 min.And they have their own sounds,from the movie they represents.Does this mean,i can take trailer of some movie,lets say "BLOODRAYNE" and use ONLY SOUND from this trailer with PW video footage?

And you also say ,we can use any song we want.DOes this mean,"music video" INSTEAD of trailer will be okay?Or it will be trailer ,but with some song,instead of video-footage-sounds?

excuse my bad english :)

Sure, what you ask above is acceptable.

As for the 2nd part to your inquiry having music in your video isn't a requirement but most movie-trailers do make use of background music so do keep that in mind. Also, we do prefer that your videos for this particular contest be constructed in the fashion of a movie-preview as opposed to a straight up music video.

finally, you can submit multiple entries so be creative and feel free to take risks!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Woohoo! I got a few ideas...I jut gotta stop being lazy and get started...but...so ..close...to...leveling...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Woohoo! I got a few ideas...I jut gotta stop being lazy and get started...but...so ..close...to...leveling...

I think I've given up levelling while I'm doing this. xD Already blew 3m on "props" for my trailer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Don't record in west arch then...?

b:surrender

The problem affects all places, just west arch being the most densely populated area of the game is worst effected by far.

I've already shot several test videos and I guess even those with really pwnsome computers should struggle to get smooth videos with the grx maxed out always anywhere.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    this one is the best competition so far! im loving it already! ive had fraps on constantly waiting for good scenes lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've already shot several test videos and I guess even those with really pwnsome computers should struggle to get smooth videos with the grx maxed out always anywhere.

I've really had no problems what-so-ever with my recording, it all looks smooth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've really had no problems what-so-ever with my recording, it all looks smooth.

Not everyone has super computers. b:mischievous
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    =
    even those with really pwnsome computers should struggle to get smooth videos with the grx maxed out always anywhere.

lalalalala
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Okay so I've been thinking of some things to do, but I dont have all the good programs and w/e to edit with (or the knowledge or drive to figure out how to use them xD). Anyway, if this is supposed to be like a movie trailer, is any1 just taking the sound off a popular movie trailer and recreating it in game? And if you are, what are you doing about the talking scenes? (I think it would look crappy to have someone talking and your character just sitting there.) Also, I think it would be extremely difficult to perfectly align the different sound effects from the recording with the ingame videos taken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Okay so I've been thinking of some things to do, but I dont have all the good programs and w/e to edit with (or the knowledge or drive to figure out how to use them xD). Anyway, if this is supposed to be like a movie trailer, is any1 just taking the sound off a popular movie trailer and recreating it in game? And if you are, what are you doing about the talking scenes? (I think it would look crappy to have someone talking and your character just sitting there.) Also, I think it would be extremely difficult to perfectly align the different sound effects from the recording with the ingame videos taken.

With practice, it isn't too hard. And also, if you watch a film trailer you'll notice that oftentimes people's lines are said over action scenes. You might only see the person saying the first few words. I suggest that you watch a few trailers from the genre you're planning on recreating (horror, action, comedy, etc) and try to pick up on their techniques. :)
    yay
  • Allure - Harshlands
    Allure - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Try watching this video for help.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13tlIaWYOvE

The rest of Grimno's stuff is pretty awesome too. xD While his characters' mouths don't move to sync with the dialogue, he makes up for it with emotes and movement.
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    is any1 just taking the sound off a popular movie trailer and recreating it in game?
    Dvorak wrote:
    Create an action movie-esque trailer that features PWI. The entire video must be composed and captured within PWI and no other elements may be used (eg - clips from other games or movies)

I'm pretty sure the "no other" elements would go for using voices from movies too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Drewben - Dreamweaver
    Drewben - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Anyone want to post one of their videos?b:pleased
    want to check out the competition
  • Alyssea - Sanctuary
    Alyssea - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have a question about this.

If I work with my best friend (and partner in crime) and we get a place, do we BOTH get a flying mount of our choice? Or say, if we come first, does she get a riding mount of her choice and can I get a flying one? (I'm all for flying, I've had a polar bear and never used it, im getting flying regardless of my placing if any, but I know she wants a riding mount :P)

Thanks ^^
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have a question about this.

If I work with my best friend (and partner in crime) and we get a place, do we BOTH get a flying mount of our choice? Or say, if we come first, does she get a riding mount of her choice and can I get a flying one? (I'm all for flying, I've had a polar bear and never used it, im getting flying regardless of my placing if any, but I know she wants a riding mount :P)

Thanks ^^

I believe only 3 prizes are going to be rewarded, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. I think Dvorak already said it is upto the director/creator to decide how the prize is split. So, you'll have to decide who is in more need of the prize or maybe you could sell it and share the profits so that way both of you get something?

^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Soho - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTvH9PyrRDE

>_<

Because according to my boyfriend this makes me brave for being the first to post. Couple of things to keep in mind when watching, it's only the second video I've ever made and I'm going to start working on a couple of others too.

=/ Enjoy, constructive-criticism is welcome.

P.S Watch it in HD and I'm sorry for the double post. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Isathara - Sanctuary
    Isathara - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Soho, that was EPIC. (>.<) Only thing I have is maybe increase the text size and find a better font? Dafont has some epic ones.

(BTW - Does it have to be action?
    I would very much enjoy a chick-flick PWI trailer! >=O)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Luminary] Is looking for members, and I'm looking for friends! <3 -PM Me In game!-
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Soho, that was EPIC. (>.<) Only thing I have is maybe increase the text size and find a better font? Dafont has some epic ones.

(BTW - Does it have to be action?
    I would very much enjoy a chick-flick PWI trailer! >=O)

Hmm by the sounds of what Dvorak said and the video example he posted, I assume it has to be action. Some confirmation would be nice though, wouldn't want people to waste their time.

And thanks for the tip, I personally think the font goes with the film but I'll take it onboard. =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Nice Soho :)

Good work on youre trailer

How did you get the quality so good on youtube?? The quality of my vid went down badly, VERY badly...

This is mine.. As I said, quality is very poorb:sad

EDIT: Better quality video now!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pubge_f5XoI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Nice Soho :)

Good work on youre trailer

How did you get the quality so good on youtube?? The quality of my vid went down badly, VERY badly...

This is mine.. As I said, quality is very poorb:sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9do4e23HAD0

I had to render it as HD quality. In the program I use (Camtasia) there's different options on which format/size you'd like to render it has. It has presets for YouTube/HD/DVD etc.

Nice vid!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aelric - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Nice vids both of you!!! I have my idea and im planning on starting to film next week since I will be out of school xD

Heres a little hint on the idea that I have that probably wont help u at all lol. There will be no actors, i will be filming and editing it by myself (so no1 to share the prize with haha ^ ^).

--EDIT-- Also, it will take me days to film xD

You can check out the first 2 vids I have ever made here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=298071
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Oh nice! Gonna be some tough competition! I just drew out my story boards, and I plan to start shooting tomorrow...hopefully..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Thnx Soho

I got better quality online now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pubge_f5XoI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Well, I am doing a parody, and it is not an action film......sort of. You will just have to wait and see.......
    yay
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I would like a clarification on "ANY" for the flying mount thing.

Because........if I was to win, I'd want.....the GM Wings :P Now by stateing "ANY" that means "ANY" correct? So a player can get some 15 speed wings? Since of course you said "ANY" flying mount, and since a flying mount to an elf = GM wings. Then the winner gets GM wings, if they request, correct?
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

Because........if I was to win, I'd want.....the GM Wings :P Now by stateing "ANY" that means "ANY" correct? So a player can get some 15 speed wings? Since of course you said "ANY" flying mount, and since a flying mount to an elf = GM wings. Then the winner gets GM wings, if they request, correct?

no, no, no a thousand times no

edit: only if you win + become a PWI gm
  • Soho - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options

Dvorak already said no to this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aelric - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    And of course, the prizes(!):

- The first place winner will receive ANY Ground Mount of their choice. When we say 'any' we mean ANY. Any, as in even mounts that aren't currently available in PWI. Should you win feel free to check out sites such as ecatomb for info on other mounts available in other versions of this game.

- 2nd and 3rd place will receive ANY (for clarification on 'any' see above) flying mount of their choice!

Seriously, how awesome is that?...So awesome!

ANY from Ecatomb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss