My thoughts on the Patch

Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
The improvements to everything quest related is EPIC WIN! Everything that was done there is AWESOME, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! b:thanks

I have been wanting those sorts of changes FOREVER and now they are here.

As for Genies...I knew they would be an SP sink...(like we NEED one) and I figured they could be an EXP sink (oddly that is almost more useful due to the SP problem) and I really thought they may be a tiny coin sink...but woa...Instead they are a major coin sink...

I tested it out the crappiest Mana stone gives you 40 Stamina and you can get enough stones for about 800 Stamina for ~2,000 coin of item you decompose...Considering how much Stamina even the very first pathetic skill (the one that makes you fly faster) sucks down this would be a waste vs. just feeding your flying mount and boosting. Ultimately, if it is any sort of benchmark I can already see these things being a huge coin sink for not nearly enough benefit unless you are on a PvP server and need every last tiny advantage (or have coin to burn). Also, did we HAVE to use Mana Stones? They are a pain to get your hands on because most items Decompose for tiny amounts of junk stones and even then you need high level manuefacturing skills to decompose stuff you find in the field at higher levels which not everyone has nor can afford to have due to SP/Coin limitations to begin with...Just about the worst thing to use to power these things IMO the worst of all would have been Celestones but this is the next in line.

Anyway whatever, I am going to ignore that trap and just be super happy that doing my quests is now a LOT easier!
Post edited by Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I totaly agree with u
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    THANKS YOU SO MUCH GM AND PWI
    really thank u.
    this patch solve all my problems b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    quick everybody rub the lamp and get the genie back in the bottle!! they suck up everything and are totaly usless
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    quick everybody rub the lamp and get the genie back in the bottle!! they suck up everything and are totaly usless

They will just change pvp dramaticly nothing else because all spell have small duration.
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    In my opinion, Genie looks fine, but I can't use it to anything... Tey need very high lvl of skill, to deal average dmg O.o and have bugged skills(Heal..). And if I put on my pet, I can't see mobs too good(because Genie flying around me.. ). b:angry Genies are too big and fat too o.O'
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Dark_Exile - Sanctuary
    Dark_Exile - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    my genie is 83.....cost a tonne of sp ect....an the aoe attack...as weak as it is......still does 2-4k damage.....so aoe grindn is easyer. also metal immunity is awesome in pvp versus archers or clerics. its all in the skill u use
    Death is only the beginning.........

Vae Victus
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    Azlin - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wait what? the genies are out?
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I agree.... I spent SP and EXP to try out different genies and try luck with the points.. And I dont bother much about that, I just dont find them much of a use... So Im gonna stick to my current genie, dont care about the lucky points.. Gonna use my genie, but dont bother too much.
    *Semi retired*
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    they're honestly more practical for pvp than anything. although a couple of them are interesting for pve usage (like the tree of protection, amplify for bosses, barb's 2nd turtle, etc)

all in all i dont expect to use the genie skills very often, esp since they're kind of expensive, mostly just let them float around me looking pretty.
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Many things on the new patch are really great(auto navigation makes some sense now apart the normal flying)and genies maybe were rushed a bit ingame but still they "do some nice tricks".I really wasn't expecting them to be though as a pet or do damage as a companion.Would make the game soloable to much.I'm a barb and unfortunatelly heal doesn't works yet,would be a reall kick out for TT runs when will work.Anyway the patch is a 9/10 for me.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ive looked through the list of spells several times, and still fail to find one which I would consider is worth the cost.
    I can see a couple of spells that might be useful to other classes, but the vast vast majority of them are pretty much worthless, unless you have more money than you know what to do with.

I wasnt ever expecting to get slugged for each spell I cast.
    Pure fail for the moment. Maybe in the long run it will stop inflation though.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am suprised to see so much agreement honestly but I took another thurough look at genies. It seems that they are really geared towards PvP where they can be an advantage and you will not even be using their skills that often so the stones are not such a drain on your coin. For PvE though they are a hardcore Coin sink for not much real benefit and you would be so much better off buying Charms or better Equipment with the coin you would spend so you could spam their skills. I will just stick to my pets and if I want to spend lots of coin I will get a Herc or Nix LOL.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    All that I use the Genie's skills for at the moment is a nice just-in-case, if a mob is really low on health, or a need to pop off a quick spell to finish the job. "Wingwoman Nuke" build! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    as far as i can see, all the genie will be is a cutsy little allclass pet for everyone, at best. only wealthy players will be able to do anything useful with them by way of leveling/feeding/care/etc. so now PW has yet another status symbol pet, along with the herc and phoenix, for those rich enough to actually use these little flits.

i had so hoped that PWI was going to be giving us something that even the poorest/newest players could use, to help level. now, i can just see it happening: we will have new players feeding the flits all their spirit, and have none to level their own moves/buy vital pet care skills, and so on.

this is one of the worst ideas to ever hit this game, i think....God help us all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Tem - Sanctuary
    Tem - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am as well very happy about the new patch, The genies being here gives all my spirit a use, and will no longer pile up upon the millions.
    o_o
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009

We all should know by now that ALL GENIES are evil, they will grant you a small wish, at a HUGE cost. Nothing new here....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ive looked through the list of spells several times, and still fail to find one which I would consider is worth the cost.
    I can see a couple of spells that might be useful to other classes, but the vast vast majority of them are pretty much worthless, unless you have more money than you know what to do with.

I wasnt ever expecting to get slugged for each spell I cast.
    Pure fail for the moment. Maybe in the long run it will stop inflation though.

The ones I saw and someday I will get are the immunity to damage ones. Sometimes all I need is 3-4 secs of immunity to not get killed when my pet looses aggro and has to get it back, or if your pet dies. If you are out of angels, the immune skills can be a life saver, together with the speed/slow one. Pet looses aggro, mobs charges you, cast immune (elemental/physical), wait for pet to get it back. If pet gets killed, cast immune, than get another pet out. Worse case, cast immune, cast the skill that slows mob and speeds you up and run for the hills.

My plan to level my genie, so I dont end up not leveling myself is to only use exp I get from scrolls/wanted quests to do give the genie, hopefuly that way i will not get too frustrated that I gave all my exp to the genie, for emergency only skills.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    these small b1tches ate my expierience b:cry

KILL THEM ALL! b:angry
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    these Small B1tches Ate My Expierience B:cry

Kill Them All! B:angry

Rofl Lol Hahahahahahahahah

but yes i would rather not have genies then get ****ing DCs all the time -.-
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dont bump threads with spam, necro is against the rules. you were told that earlier by a mod. abide by these rules.
  • Rubles - Heavens Tear
    Rubles - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    tear, you do realize that you are just as bad as the person bumping old threads..

if you really believed that bumping old threads is bad, you should just let them die, and not continue to post "necro is agaisnt rules" because all your doing is adding to the uselessness of the bumped thread.

its obvious all your doing is trying to improve your post count so people might take what you post as 'usefull information, but really all you post is just spam.

go outside, get out for a lil, take a break from being forum **** and relax.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Time for killing this...

[CLOSED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.