Best pvp class..discuss

raingod
raingod Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
DL'n perfect world since my buddy plays an websense at work finally caught WoW.

My question is whats the best pvp class on this game since I don't really know the classes yet I'd like to hear some views on what the best class is and why..wondering about range on burst damage, crowd control and survivability.
Post edited by raingod on

Comments

• TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Heavy armor mage are the best PvP class. b:laugh

On a serious note, there is already plenty of topic about that, just go read them.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well it depends on the player so I will describe each class to you.

Barbarian - The tank of em all if your build is right your HP is insane and your damage is not half bad considering you're a tanker class. Barbs are generally support for buffing HP and attack in the back and they're good damage absorbers if they grab attention.

Venomancer - Depends on the player but this class is the easiest in PVP. Considering its massively overpowered because their pets can learn a skill that doesn't get pvp reduction.

Mage - End game is by far the best, before that not so much. When I say end game I mean 100+ with all the gear plussed high. They can pretty much 1 shot anyone they want and are fricking hard to kill. Practically a mage is meant to take out the heavy armors and is great for crowd control with their ultis. But because they deal the most damage in pvp they also tend to die the fastest. Mages get the least from vit and have low defense if your build is worth anything. But my character for example. Still crappy hp @ 5400 HP but I have 9.5K Pdef, which is really good.

BladeMaster - The stunner class. These guys are good in pvp when they know what the hell they're doing. Their stuns and aoes are perfect for PVP.

Cleric - The buffer and healer. Also a good debuffer. Mainly a support class.

Archer - Awesome all around in PVP. Can't go wrong here. Their range is great and they hit everyone hard.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Barbs are meanb:cry
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The best class for PvP is a full support Cleric

Because your the puppet master and all others beg at your knees for healing..
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:cute best way in pvp is ask a GM to kill for you b:cute
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    BARBARIANS FTW WE ARE OVERPOWERED, WE ARE BROKEN
    Hell barbarian with all skill books can have over 50% crit rate at any given moment after bestial onslaught, add berzerk axes to that and its deadly.

Perdition/Armageddon can 1hit light/robe classes if it zerks or crits, and if the opponent has terrible gear you don't need either.

invoke the spirit reduces all damage taken by 90% for 15 secs

solid shield (genie barb-only skill) reduces all damage taken by 60% for 12 secs.

tree of protection (genie) gives you about 20k hp for 6 seconds + heals you.

Barbs can amplify+tree of protection+ perdition/armaggedon and wreck an opponent if timed right. The amp from the genie adds 20% damage (at lv1 with base genie stats) and tree of protection boost your HP by 60% for a couple seconds, during which you can perdition for basically double damage.
    If hell barb, add 10% more dmg from Perdition.

beastial rage now creats a magical bubble which absorbs up to 2,000 damage if your HP is below 50%.

barb mighty swing with 50% stun chance or 60% if hell, never misses now.

alacrity of the beast (tiger form) can freeze for 3 seconds (50% chance).

If hell, frighten has a chance to stun, and roar deflects 100% physical damage to opponent for some given seconds. Strength of the titans grants 5% crit increase for a minute (you can then re-cast it..)

All of that is great, refined barbs are strong if they can hold an opponent in range to do anything.
    If not there's really not barbs can do, they're made to annoy in pvp.
    Berserk axes already made barbarian class overpowered because it allowed the tanker class to officially 1shot any robe/LA class, and if not 1shot then mow them down with ease. But with this buff to their skills it makes barbarians even MORE ridiculous, because they were overpowered before, now it's just broken.

Combined with genie skills such as 50(60?)% reduced damage, tree of protection, etc, how is anyone supposed to deal with them?

I'd rather have to deal with a phoenix then a barb at this point, even if you took away blood clot and/or healing.
    It's already hard enough to kill a wb in 10 seconds and now you can save even more time for your heiro to tick. WB's hit ****ing hard and onslaught **** people. If a wb has the ability to tank four people their damage shouldn't one shot people.
    Tree of protection + extreme poison + perdition = GG

all the more reason to stay the hell away from them.
    Untamed class has always been slightly OP in this game <.<
    And it goes for both venos and barbs. Hard as fk to kill due to godly skills and nice hp-mod per vita. Can tank alot of ppl and still **** face dmg wise. Barbs have together with wiz the strongest ulti of all. Difference is barbs can tank a full pk-party. Wizzies are kinda squishy and can get 1-3 shoot. Genies also gives barbs skills that add even more dmg + ability to chainstun + the fact that mighty swing dont miss anymore since patch.

Clerics, archers, wiz, BM cant really compete 1v1 if same lvl and gear against either barb or nix. We can like tick a barbs charm and try to fly away. I mean there is a reason most nix owners only fear barbs b:surrender. And a reason barbs hate nix owners.
    barbs are the best. heres the proof. give up yet? \=)
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    barb all the way baby, if you want massive end game dmg and amazing hp and survivability, barb is for you
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    its just a matter of preferece, every class has their advantages and disadvantages. It has been said many, many times, if there was a "best class" everyone would be playing that..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Senrai - Heavens Tear
    _Senrai - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    its just a matter of preferece, every class has their advantages and disadvantages. It has been said many, many times, if there was a "best class" everyone would be playing that..

Yup no doubt b:thanks
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    venos can just pwn everything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyute - Lost City
    Lyute - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    venos can just pwn everything

You're a barb saying that lol b:victory
    edited May 2009
    You're a barb saying that lol b:victory
    bramble level 10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XEPICxBISHx - Lost City
    XEPICxBISHx - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Veno or Archer - Barb are totally not the best, they're only good at.. well, nothing really in pvp but killing robe users..

A Veno with a phoenix or an Archer are the best all around, barb just have a lot of HP and can live longer than most classes, not to say they're good at killing uhm, anything..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    DarkRings - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    bramble level 10
    Sure is scary.. b:shocked
    edited May 2009
    Sure is scary.. b:shocked
    I usually die the 60% of the times a veno use it <.< and that 40% survival is given by turtle or Solid Shield...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tibetai - Archosaur
    Tibetai - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Veno or Archer - Barb are totally not the best, they're only good at.. well, nothing really in pvp but killing robe users..

A Veno with a phoenix or an Archer are the best all around, barb just have a lot of HP and can live longer than most classes, not to say they're good at killing uhm, anything..

Yep my veno can pretty much pwn barbs all the time:) run in on fox form with purge to get rid of all the buffs, then send you walker or herc in. Then run back and come outta fox form and shoot them with iron scarab:) then venomous scarab and keep healing your pet :p and this is without bramble :) walker or herc is like a barb vs a barb but can constantly get healed without pots :) and with nature ,soul and the other your pretty much amazing :) and thats without buffs :)b:cute
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yep my veno can pretty much pwn barbs all the time:) run in on fox form with purge to get rid of all the buffs, then send you walker or herc in. Then run back and come outta fox form and shoot them with iron scarab:) then venomous scarab and keep healing your pet :p and this is without bramble :) walker or herc is like a barb vs a barb but can constantly get healed without pots :) and with nature ,soul and the other your pretty much amazing :) and thats without buffs :)b:cute
    1. wow necro

2. walker or herc? Lolwut I'll just ignore that and go straight for the veno. If I can tank a nix with just event HP pots I can tank a herc/walker with ease.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Itadekujo - Lost City
    Itadekujo - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    raingod wrote: »
    DL'n perfect world since my buddy plays an websense at work finally caught WoW.

My question is whats the best pvp class on this game since I don't really know the classes yet I'd like to hear some views on what the best class is and why..wondering about range on burst damage, crowd control and survivability.

Cash Shop is the best class