Drop Rate???

Options
MystiMonk - Sanctuary
MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Why is the drop rate so slow in this game.I have working Dragon Wilderness to get some compound thread it has taken me 4 to maybe 6 hrs to get 9 so far.I need 10 of them and for over an hour I was trying to get one this morning I finally gave up to take a break.

What is with drop rate in this game as with another rpg I play it is better?It is so slow getting the required drops for quest.This is enough to turn some players off and go back to other games they were playing (WoW).The drop rate need a significant improvement in this game besides dungeons.It has taken me 5 days to try and get this quest done when I could be moving on to my Cultivation Quests for FB51.
Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
Post edited by MystiMonk - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Why is the drop rate so slow in this game.I have working Dragon Wilderness to get some compound thread it has taken me 4 to maybe 6 hrs to get 9 so far.I need 10 of them and for over an hour I was trying to get one this morning I finally gave up to take a break.

What is with drop rate in this game as with another rpg I play it is better?It is so slow getting the required drops for quest.This is enough to turn some players off and go back to other games they were playing (WoW).The drop rate need a significant improvement in this game besides dungeons.It has taken me 5 days to try and get this quest done when I could be moving on to my Cultivation Quests for FB51.

the drop rate in this game can be very low at times yes but you can always try and pwdatabase it and look for some better drop rates on the mobs. some drop rates get higher progressively though or at least the dq drops, and you could easily make enough money to buy 10 of what you need, sometimes thats the best way to go about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have and that is the best place unless I go to where I did my FB39 dungeon which the rate is better but I would rather not.I am trying to save for upgrading my skill lvl.I am doing this with lvl34 Veno as well and thought I would have better chance it is still the same.
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the drop rate is also dependant on the level difference of your character and the mob
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Usually i find the best drop rates happen at equal level and no more then +2 levels max
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The drop rate in this game is pretty friendly in my opinion.
    You obviously haven't played Kal-Online, where to get a drop thats actually worth money to begin with has about 0.0004% chance or lower.
    I've grinded for days there without a single drop worth over 500k.

And to put it in better light... your next set of armor in that game when I was still playing was roughly 8 million per piece, for a total of 40 million.

The drop rate on the next grade armor is about 0.0002%.

Fun? Yep.

:)
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You obviously haven't played Kal-Online, where to get a drop thats actually worth money to begin with has about 0.0004% chance or lower.

And to put it in better light... your next set of armor in that game when I was still playing was roughly 8 million per piece, for a total of 40 million.

Fun? Yep.

sounds like ragnarok and its 'card' system!

if you wanna be any good at the game you need a strict amount of cards, which socket into armor much like our gem shards do here.

theyd do things like reduce dmg by 20%, reduce dmg from certain races by 30%, increase hp by a %, increase dmg by a %, allow uses of low level versions of certain skills, etc.

mobs, and bosses dropped them at a .001 rate. theyd skyrocket upto millions of coins in price, and loot from mobs generally sold for 100-300 coins for the most part. very rarely did junky loot make good money unless you pocketed it for like 3 weeks and sold it in chunks.

be glad we have a more generous economy than the stinkin one mentioned above. PWI > RO by far.
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oh the wonders of RO!
    That card system was... *cough* "great"! Heheh! *cough*.
    Definitely, PWI is a lot more generous than many other mmorpgs out there.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options

Fun? Yep.

40 mil you don't say must of been fun grinding for it.The other game I play isn't that bad unless it was special elite armour.That would cost around 1 mil or slightly under including mats.I going to give this a few day and if I don't get my compound thread I may buy it as I only need 1.
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Grinding 4-6 hours should get you enough DQ to buy dozens.

If you don't get the drops, you can earn enough grinding to BUY anything.

Hell, I'm only lvl 45 and I'm already making enough coin from grinding to start purchasing my HH60 weapon mats...
  • Pixydust - Heavens Tear
    Pixydust - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well i will let out a site that i use when i hunt stuff on here..Not sure if it help u in what u neeed or not but has helped me on locateing alot of stuff..

http://pw.rob-soft.com/m1in.php

Ihope this helps u , for it has me..
  • Katz - Lost City
    Katz - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    mmm? how did you came to this conclusion...
    meow?

b:bye
  • Everon - Heavens Tear
    Everon - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    in my opinion, from time to time, the drop calculator may seriously suffer from the general lag we have on servers, but i m not sure if it s the main reason
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    in my opinion, from time to time, the drop calculator may seriously suffer from the general lag we have on servers, but i m not sure if it s the main reason
    I'm pretty sure this is the case. I was in a group of 3 with random distribution and we killed a boss. He dropped 7 items + coins. I rapidly looted them and all of the items went to me. It was so odd we thought that the squad had been set to free loot. But the next mob we killed, I looted and the item sent to someone else so it was definitely on random. The chances of 7 items randomly going to the same person in a 3-person group is 0.04%. I've been watching how loot is distributed ever since, and it does seem to be "streaky" - with one person getting several items in succession.

I mentioned this to my faction and one of the members offered the theory that the game's random number generator seems to work in ticks. That is, a new number isn't generated every time a number is needed. Instead, a number is generated every x milliseconds. And if a bunch of "random" things happen in the short time (like my looting 7 items), the same random number ends up applied to them.

I'm not sure that's exactly right. My theory is they went a bit nuts with multi-threading when coding the random number generator, and as a result it isn't generating a new random number for every subsequent event when there's high server lag. I do notice an unusually high number of double, triple, and sometimes even quadruple drops of the same item. Heck, the only time I've gotten two molds from a single boss kill, they were the same mold (from a boss which drops 4 different molds).

In C++ parlance, they don't call rand() (which actually generates the random number) every time they need a random number. Instead they've encapsulated it in an object called, say, random(). random() has a member called random_number. When a request for a random number comes in, it calls rand() in a separate thread. When that thread finishes, it updates the value of random_number with a new random number. random() then returns the value of random_number to whomever called it, saying "here's your random number."

At least that's the way it's supposed to work. My guess is because rand() is called in a separate thread, it isn't synchronized with random() returning the value of random_number. That is, if server load is high, it may take a while for rand() to finish and update the value of random_number. In the meantime, random() is returning the same random_number every time it's called.

If it weren't threaded, random() would wait for rand() to finish before returning random_number, and so every random number would be a new random number. But maybe a newbie programmer was profiling the code, saw that most of the time in this object was spent waiting for rand() to finish, and decided to put it in a separate thread so it wouldn't "slow down" the rest of the routine.
  • Flieyah - Dreamweaver
    Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I might be wrong, but when I use my most efficient combos, after maybe 50 or 100 or so monsters I seem to be getting significantly fewer drops than if I use other combos which make me take some damage. Also, when I consistently two-shot monsters I seem to be getting fewer coins than if when I consistently three-shot them.

Funny, with me it's pretty much the opposite. I have gotten some of the juciest drops when drop a target quickly using my most powerful attacks, at the peak of health.

I do agree with the change mobs bit but I think the real reason for this is that it seems that the longer the mob has been around the more likely it will drop something.

What I also have noticed is that mobs in certain specic locations tend to drop the same kind of loot when they respawn. Of couse this could a be wrong too b:chuckle
    "What we do is what you just can't do."
    b:cool
  • Miabi - Lost City
    Miabi - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the saddest thing is that ROSEonline ( one of the worst MMO iever played) had one of the best items/gold drop rate. With it's 100% chance of one item, 75% for two 50% for three an d 25% for four
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    all you need to see the drop rate are this :
    http://pw.rob-soft.com/m1in.php (link offered above already) and
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop --> this is how each drop rate is calculated furthermore

Now you have the secret formula of the philosopher's stone, you will conquer all PWI. ^-^

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the saddest thing is that ROSEonline ( one of the worst MMO iever played) had one of the best items/gold drop rate. With it's 100% chance of one item, 75% for two 50% for three an d 25% for four

BLASHEMYYYYYYYYYYYY, at least until evolution patch, but yah that game had good droprates

there was a game were something equivalent to mirage stone (jut a hella lot more expensive) could drop off any mob, man random squads could get ya screwed there, here seems a lot better