Interruption of Channeling

Options
caelb
caelb Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I have searched the forums for more information on the subject but have yet to come across any. (maybe I'm just blind) I was wondering if anyone can tell me first of all, why is there the existence of interruption of channeling when one has not been stunned, and how does one make themselves less susceptible to this happening. I ask because I am a lowly cleric that can't aoe farm because of these seemingly random occurrences. This doesn't seem to be logical when I am fighting magic based attacks. Does this symbolize fear in a character?... It makes no sense at all. I am 100% up for your channel to be cut when your stunned but when this is not the case AND is happening several times every second against more than one enemy.(And happens more than often enough against solo enemies at awful times to cause possible death) Any information on this would be incredible or just stop by and share your thoughts. Thanks again guys.
Post edited by caelb on

Comments

• Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    any channeling can be cancled by a spell or physical hit
    even as a barb who has a 0.2 second channel on most spells i use, i have been interrupted doing alacrity or flesh ream, it happens sometimes, if a mob is poisoning no chance of it
  • Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    Mr_jingle - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If magic was real, I would most likely be interrupted when being kicked by trees or fried by giant bunnies. It would make sense to have interruption problems I guess but yea it's annoying but makes it more interesting.
  • Uiztrollin - Harshlands
    Uiztrollin - Harshlands Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If magic was real, I would most likely be interrupted when being kicked by trees or fried by giant bunnies. It would make sense to have interruption problems I guess but yea it's annoying but makes it more interesting.

Oh lord i just imagined myself being kicked in the nuts by a giant tree...
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Oh lord i just imagined myself being kicked in the nuts by a giant tree...

I lol'd so hard.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    idk, sometimes melee hits cancel mages, it happens more often than not on clerics and wizards because theyre more opt to get hit
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i as a BM have been interupted before, and if you were in a duel/PK/PvP/TW then fist BM's can cancel your channeling
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

I wouldnt call it interesting if the cleric who was healing you as you was tanking kept getting interruptions from an AoE boss, It happens often to me, at times i just have a massive line of interrupted messages going up my screen and ive often died by it or a tank has died because purify got interrupted.
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    2wbt07n.png
    And I'm a veno... seemed to happen everytime my pet got hit D:! Annoying seeing as how I was trying to heal it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited May 2009
    Options
    2wbt07n.png
    And I'm a veno... seemed to happen everytime my pet got hit D:! Annoying seeing as how I was trying to heal it.
    how did that happen with your pet getting hit? i tink u lie!
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I wish I did D:!! It died shortly afterwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lieeeeeessssssssssss
    uhasnotproof!
  • Dystery - Sanctuary
    Dystery - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It happened to me too... I assumed that as a quite high level veno, I could go in a bundle of mobs 30 level under mine, saying some bad things about their mothers, and then laugh with my bramble Hood on and throwing some noxorious gas....

But the 10 of them never allowed me to channel, and I got that list of interruptions, a quick run away and some % missing in my proundess pool.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    odd, ive mobbed FB19 with hood, the entire dungeon, and didnt get interrupted once trying to cast noxious o_o
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lieeeeeessssssssssss
    uhasnotproof!

ihasnotproof b:surrender
    It happened though b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ihasnotproof b:surrender
    It happened though b:cry

I was there with her when it happened, trying desperately to keep her alive b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3