archer skill combos

blademaster661
blademaster661 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Archer
can anyone tell me whats a good combo on the hevy mobs cause the mp saving comboes not working for me i keep dying ty
Post edited by blademaster661 on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A few options depending on what you are in the mood for

thunder shock -> lightning strike -> knockback -> stun -> thunder shock -> lightning strike -> normal shots

aim low -> normal -> normal -> normal -> normal -> stun ->normal -> normal -> normal -> normal -> knockback -> aim low -> normal -> normal .. etc.

spark -> frost -> normal -> normal -> knockback -> normal -> normal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Progrinder - Dreamweaver
    Progrinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:shocked what mob you kill asterelle?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well that second one is extendable and used for elites if you were asking about that.
    The OP was asking about "heavy" mobs which I took to mean increased phys defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Jahumaca - Harshlands
    Jahumaca - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I just use Frost - Normal - normal - knockback - normal till dead with a winged shell in there sometimes.
  • blademaster661
    blademaster661 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well.... i mean im only lvl 27 what you got for that lol
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Cast Winged Shell before the enemy can reach you. You can also cast it before you begin attacking the mob.

When the enemy does reach you, use Lightning and Winged Pledge. This may consume more mana than you'd like, but you die less often, as you are usually killing the enemy before your Winged Shell ends.

Against "Increased Defense" enemies, you can use electric attacks, as well as Poison Arrow and Serrated Arrow. The latter two skills are generally considered useless by higher level archers, but they might help you against these particular enemies at your level.
  • Aleksandria - Dreamweaver
    Aleksandria - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you mean elites, you're probably going to keep dying, unless they're quite a few levels below you (or you're in a group). Don't try it without at least two people, preferrably another ranged user that can trade off kiting with you (the person being targetted runs away while the other shoots; swap as needed).

If you keep dying to regular monsters, then something else is going on. You can do a variety of combos and have them work, but if you keep dying, then try a high-powered combo:

Take Aim --> Frost Arrow --> Normal --> Knockback Arrow --> Normal --> Normal --> Winged Shell --> Melee

You can toss some Lightning in there if you have it. This combo will use lots of mana and chi, but you really shouldn't die to any standard level-appropriate monsters when using it. Tone it down as you can for the monsters you're fighting. For ranged enemies, remove the first and last Normals.

Don't forget to keep Burning Arrows active, and Wings of Protection is useful as well. If you get attacked by multiple monsters, use your wings to escape (go straight up). Meditate / potion to full between fights if you're having trouble. Avoid fighting Increased Life enemies. Make sure to keep Sacrificial Assault and Increased Attack enemies from being able to hit you; especially don't allow them to hit you without Winged Shell up. If you must fight Increased Defense enemies, spam Lightning.

If none of that helps and you're still having trouble, go make a bunch of Chaos Seeds (I think that's the name? level 1 craftable apoc healing item) and supplement your potions with those. Crafted Apoc items work on a different timer than normal potions. Also, give your genie the Tree of Protection skill and slap that when your HP falls.
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    jesus forget everything the other ppl said...most of it anyway o.o
    I just use Frost - Normal - normal - knockback - normal till dead with a winged shell in there sometimes.
    use thise one for normal mobs. switch to metal attacks(the attacks that does a **** pose)when the target is melee attacking you.

for increased defense/life monsters go frost arrow-normal-normal-knockback-stun/aim low-normal-frost arrow-run til knockback is recharged-knockback-winged shell/normall till it dies.
  • Aleksandria - Dreamweaver
    Aleksandria - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    That might be useful advice, if the OP was above level 27 and had access to stun / aim low ;)

The primary combo quoted there works fine in typical use, and you really should be able to survive with it; if you're not, try the more nuke-oriented combo I mentioned above.
  • glenion
    glenion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    At lvl 37 I found mobs unbearable with a lvl19xbow. But I came up with this combo.

Take aim-->normal--->normal--->knockback--->winged shell-->normal till dead. This combo saved me pots(MP and HP).

I don't use frost arrow cause is uses extra chi making the combo less sustainable.

However, once you get a more powerfull weapon you can go back to
    frost--->normal--->normal--->normal--->knockback--->normal--->normal--->normal
    with wingedshell every 3-4 mobs to maintain better MP management.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    glenion wrote: »
    At lvl 37 I found mobs unbearable with a lvl19xbow. But I came up with this combo.

Take aim-->normal--->normal--->knockback--->winged shell-->normal till dead. This combo saved me pots(MP and HP).

I don't use frost arrow cause is uses extra chi making the combo less sustainable.

However, once you get a more powerfull weapon you can go back to
    frost--->normal--->normal--->normal--->knockback--->normal--->normal--->normal
    with wingedshell every 3-4 mobs to maintain better MP management.

Hehe, I think you are using 1 extra normal shot in your combos. After you take aim (even from a maximum distance) you have time for only 1 normal shot, not 2, unless you want to get hit by the mob. The same goes for frost arrow : after it you should follow 2 normal shots before knock-back, not 3.

Because of that 1 extra shot that you tend to squiz, some mobs will have time to hit you imo. Maybe some melee ones will be ok, but i am sure that a range mob will hit you every time you will use the combo as stated above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The popular combo of
    Frost>insert x number of normal shots here>knockback>normal till dead.
    Never ever works for me.
    Its usually at the knockback bit. I do frost arrow, then about 2-3 normals, then when I use knockback i can only fit in about 1 normal shot before the enemy gets to me and i have to start kiting.
    My knockback arrow doesnt seem to work as well as people say it does, because i use knockback just before the enemy gets close enough to hit (melee mobs) so the enemy is still walking and when the knockback distance is fulfilled he's only like 6-8metres away (knockback hits 12 metres). Cause when they are knocked back they are still walking so it reduces distance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My knockback arrow doesnt seem to work as well as people say it does, because i use knockback just before the enemy gets close enough to hit (melee mobs) so the enemy is still walking and when the knock back distance is fulfilled he's only like 6-8metres away (knock back hits 12 metres). Cause when they are knocked back they are still walking so it reduces distance.

Hehe..no man, it is fine the way it is. Thing is that they seem a lot closer to you if you Frost+Norm+Norm+Norm and after that knoc kback, cause they got close in the first place( after 3 normal). Just stick to 2 normal shots after Frost, and you will be fine. What you also should try is to is shot from as far as possible. I dunno if you maxed you your Winged Blessing skill, but if you didn't, you should. This doesn't mean that mobs won't get to you, but you have a better chance of getting less hit for now. When i was lev 40+ (untill around lev 50 i think) i also preferred to use Wingspam (lev1 is enough) when mobs got into melee range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]