Most fun class ever?

killer128
killer128 Posts: 49 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm talking about fun to play overall, fun to level up, fun to kill enemies with, fun to do most anything. Basically, the class with the most fun level. I don't necessarily mean fastest leveler or fastest moneymaker either, that might not be fun.
Post edited by killer128 on

Comments

• Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    killer128 wrote: »
    I don't necessarily mean fastest leveler or fastest moneymaker either, that might not be fun.

But then again, it might be. Maybe if you tell us the types of things you've enjoyed in other games, we can help.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • killer128
    edited May 2009
    But then again, it might be. Maybe if you tell us the types of things you've enjoyed in other games, we can help.

That's right, it might be.

By fun, I mean a character that will be hopefully be fun from the time I start it to the time I don't stop playing with it. Basically, a class that will make me want to play the longest.
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Fun = challenging?

Be a wizard! Cool spells, fragile so you've got to be careful, but great at blowing things up.

Or, if you like having a pet, Venos have a huge variety to choose from.

I like Blademasters because I like to get up close and personal with the mobs.

If you like to help people and be loved for it, be a cleric. They can dish out damage too.

Archers - lots of people love to shoot things down from a distance. Kill things without getting touched.

Barbarians are tough. If you like to be a necessary part of a group, be the tank and keep mobs from killing your friends.
  • killer128
    edited May 2009
    Fun = challenging or not. Fun to me means can do a large variety of things that will keep me busy and keep me clinging to this game. I was thinking a mage class or an archer, if that specifies it a little better.
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well...hmm.

Mage Classes:
    #1: Wizard - you do nothing but cast awsome looking spells all day, and those awsome looking skills have big red damage numbers....I make it a game to see how high into quintuple digits I can get my spells to go each day ^^ Very challenging to level up, due to squishy-ness and slow casting time.

#2: Cleric - see wizard, but with slightly faster casting time. However, the drawbacks to this is that you don't get to spend all day casting flashy spells - the majority of your gameplay time, you will be expected to act as a healer as well. However, that may be a plus to you, cause being needed = fun for some people. Challenging to level in the fact that, like wizards, most clerics are rather squishy. You will, however, find no problem in finding a party

#3 Veno (mage-type): The spells on a veno are slightly less flashy (a good majority of them have the same casting graphics, just different colors), however, venos get an added bonus: PETS!. Snuggly polar bear cubs, blazing phoenixes, ferious wolves, mountains of rock, golden buddahs, and the cute and cuddly kittens and puppies of doom. Easy to solo, fast to level, and can do almost anything on level or further. Challenging to a point, many venos of this type have trouble trying to maintain themselves + their pets.

Archer: Ranged Phys DPS. Remember the wizards big numbers? This guy can do big numbers as well.....very big numbers. And lots of crits. Lots and lots of crits... But yeah. Not so squishy, however, very challenging at lower levels, when melee mobs don't give you a chance to kill them before they get to you - half damage in melee doesn't help either, but at much higher levels, you get to three shot almost anything
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Jahumaca - Harshlands
    Jahumaca - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I vote Cleric. Love love love em.

Flashy Spells, good damage, WINGS, can die easily because of squishy-ness but they can heal themselves :)
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I vote Cleric. Love love love em.

Flashy Spells, good damage, WINGS, can die easily because of squishy-ness but they can heal themselves :)

wtf dude you are a freaking archerb:angry
    i vote cleric too but the gameplay gets too repeatativeb:surrender.
    nr.2 archer
    3. wizzy
    4. barbarian
    5.blademaster
    6.i hope you know who the last one is >.>
  • Jahumaca - Harshlands
    Jahumaca - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wtf dude you are a freaking archerb:angry
    i vote cleric too but the gameplay gets too repeatativeb:surrender.
    nr.2 archer
    3. wizzy
    4. barbarian
    5.blademaster
    6.i hope you know who the last one is >.>

I'm a spy -.-

Shhh.

Im also a ninja.

Im a Spy-ninja.
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Cleric....
    rumor say a cleric can 1 hit many class...
    rumor say a barb 9x failed to kill a cleric 8x
    rumor say a cleric have a power to command others (STAY IN MY BB NOOBS) and they have np finding a e-lover >:}
    that's wat rumor say, wanna try it out? >:}
  • killer128
    edited May 2009
    Unless Rumor = Confucius, I'd say no.

I still can't decide...everyone here is talking about a cleric, so if no one else gives influence, I'll pick a Cleric.
  • Magicz - Dreamweaver
    Magicz - Dreamweaver Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Like most people say, if you plan to go the whole way and stay then go for wiz, obv best 90+ or you can go archer, all of them are good 90+ but the wiz shines. If you do, then I suggest getting a charm b:chuckle Depends on your gameplay and what you like.
    Member of Dynasty! BTW RBorn died b:sad

ARCANE b:dirty > LIGHT b:surrender!!! b:angry b:angry b:angry

Current Goal: SPAM teh_fishey!

Highest PvE Attack: 22k on FB59 Drake Boss, non-sparked, non-critted, BM dragon, Veno Amped debuffed Sandstorm, lvl 62 Attack, ARCANE FTW!!! b:dirty
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Venomancer is fun, because with right pets it can do almost anything in game, alone.
    archers and clerics would have to come in a tie for second for me, they have good damage, great support moves for parties, and i have an erotic fetish for elves :O
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Why don't you just try al and than decide?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Untamed Barbarian!!!
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    killer128 wrote: »
    I'm talking about fun to play overall, fun to level up, fun to kill enemies with, fun to do most anything. Basically, the class with the most fun level. I don't necessarily mean fastest leveler or fastest moneymaker either, that might not be fun.

its all about preferece, try out all the classes and see which one you like
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A Cleric friend of mine created an alternative character because she was fed up with being cleric and wanted fun instead.

She rolled a Blademaster and claiming she was mighty pirate. "Arrr Arrr!"
    She seemed to have time of her life.

And no she's not noob, fail, nor ****. A friendly and sweet person... just got fed up with being medic. And playing BM class was the cure.

I too sometimes get fed up with game routine. But never with my class.
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The Cleric is a fun class to play but expensive. I'll be giving my Venomancer and Archer alts a spin in the next few days (after some RL work gets done ... I gotta press 500CDs in less than a week).
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Veno... I get a pet & **** ;) which I can watch bounce all day long + get hit on every now & then which is hilarious.b:laugh
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My first class was a cleric, it didn't seem that much fun to me but I was new and...didn't have a clue what I was doing. I've just recently levelled a new cleric to 30 and found it to be alright, kind of fun, can be a money sink though.

My main class is a venomancer, I love the option of having a pet - it's cheap and fast and therefore fun. While not the best for PVP'ing (W/o phoenix anyways) they are super awesome for PVE, in fact they're probably the best PVE class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com