About Server & Forum Crash we all had

Options
Nalapoeze - Heavens Tear
Nalapoeze - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Hey.

If you didn't noticed yet , every player that was online on PW over 30 min ago , was disconected.

First i tought it was my internet connection.

But i checked some things to know what it was.

So it was not the WWW that fully crashed cause my server was still running and there was nothing reseted.

PW was fully down and the forums of PW to.

What i think it was :

Maybe someone who **** PW fully to make it crash.

Everybody that was kicked off had a modem freeze to.

So we were not able to surf shortly on the internet.

Some people who's not a player of PW was able to surf on internet.

So what my opinion is :

i think somebody **** PW and made all the connected modems freeze at the same time and now the hacker got all the IP adresses from all who was connected when it happened.

If it's like i think , this can cause a big dammage.

I hope not but it's possible.

Maybe you will get problems in the comming days because the hacker knows some IP adresses now and he will probably **** some of people who was connected at this time to steal all sort of items out of our bags/bank and/or Zenns.

If this is the case , this will be trouble.

Im not a hacker but i know hackers can do lot of things you will never imagine they can do.

So i realy hope it's one of you guys from PW that made a mistake and caused a litle crash.

Why im telling al this ?

Because every day when i play i see many people asking for a GM because they acounts are ****.

Maybe you need a security update or somthing to fix the hackers problem.

================================================

I also sended a mail to nahr@pwrd.com because i asked to become a GM but i still dont get a answer back . . . I know you guys got a lot of work to answer lot of posts/mails and such but can i have a answer soon plz ?

The mail you received is from that Belgian guy (me) who have 2 kids and is owner of a game server remeber ?

ok thx for reading this.

c ya later.

Post edited by Nalapoeze - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ellestor - Heavens Tear
    Ellestor - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is just paranoia, it didn't cause any problem with the internet connections, it was only the Perfect World website and servers. I was still connected to instant messengers, myspace, and other programs that utilize the internet with no problem. The issue is localized with the new server hardware they just put into place with the last maintenance. That is the only issue here.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yup. HT, LC, Sanc and the site were dead. I happened to try to access these boards whilst it was down, then launched the launcher and felt even more curious when the update check took a while. In the server selection list the three west coast servers had no ping. When I managed to log in, there were a few people about but already several catshops, so I don't think it did weant off completely, just kicked most players....

And yes I agree with everyone else, Nalapoeze, your paranoid theory is really irrational. For one thing the lag spike you experienced before getting disconnected happens often as a server crashes or stalls, and if it gets behind, catching up with thousands of players can quickly flood the net I/O buffers and cause packet loss as well as permenant desynced connections.

I won't even ask where you got your hacker story from....
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    this was not a ****. this happens alot in mmo's. also im guessing why it happened was because of the new hardware on the servers. i was logged off but i was still connected on the internet cuz i had my xbox on playing some cod4.
    GRAPHICS AND MOTION DESIGNER
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is a problem with the new hardware, as with any new hardware/software there will always be a few bugs to work out. As it's only been in place for two days, I doubt they've worked them all out yet. And until otherwise noted, conjecture of this sort can cause serious repercussions so please refrain from causing a "stir craze" as that is all misinformation usually results in.

As for your hypothesis, it's highly doubtful as the servers were just given new hardware as previously stated which means the so called "hackers" would have had less than 48 hours to breach all new servers and compromise them, this is highly unlikely even for the most skilled of hackers, it's simply technical issues.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Someone's a tad bit paranoid.

I also sended a mail to nahr@pwrd.com because i asked to become a GM but i still dont get a answer back . . . I know you guys got a lot of work to answer lot of posts/mails and such but can i have a answer soon plz ?

The mail you received is from that Belgian guy (me) who have 2 kids and is owner of a game server remeber ?

ok thx for reading this.

c ya later.

Was this an informal game/private server/etc, asking to becom a GM would be a great way to make it clear that you probably should not be one. Seeing as this is a professional company, however, that means the company itself has to actually hire you... and if you don't live withing traveling distance of their office, you will not be hired.
  • epherine
    epherine Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Most likely the new hardware had some unforeseen faults. Most people who whine about being ****, ended up sharing their password along the line, or downloaded a program i.e. bot, that had a trojan/virus to steal their pwd. Most real hackers wouldn't bother with a game like PW just to steal items. -.- The only security update PW needs, is have an option to disable the safety lock permanently, and to disable the in game swear filter that needlessly blocks out harmless words. Plus anyone can easily bypass the filter, many people do already...
  • Eridaea - Sanctuary
    Eridaea - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    <a_passerby> "yeah man, i dont use kazaa anymore. you know your computer broadcasts an ip address?"
    <a_passerby> thats an EXACT QUOTE
    <Everdraed-sleepytime> MY GOD AN IP ADDRESS
    <Everdraed-sleepytime> MY HOUSE IS BROADCASTiNG A STREET ADDRESS

I think you may be worrying too much about what's probably nothing.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the problem was a network one.

some broadband problem between europe and USofA

All connections routes through Atlas cogentco now.

The time needed for reconenction , is the time needed for RIP to find routes.

so, the problem doesnt come from PWi, nor your computer, only intenret intereconnections.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    On one final note, about the request to become a Game Master. Here's a tip, informing a company that you are running an ILLEGAL gaming server (which all private servers are) is not good for an applications as it tells them that not only are you unwilling to follow simple codes of conduct but are also willing to break laws for personal benefit. Not the best headline for a resume, huh?
  • epherine
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Um, nowhere does it really state that the guy runs a illegal private server. Running a game server can mean nearly anything at this point.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The likelihood of it being a legitimate game server is slim as to run a proper game server with licensing, hardware, software, etc. Will cost upwards of $100,000 to $1,000,000 for even a minimal one.
  • Nalapoeze - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Euhm whats illegal ?

i pay for my server.

so i guess its fully legal ...
  • Noggin - Dreamweaver
    Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The suggestion was you were running an illegal perfect world server.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The suggestion was you were running an illegal perfect world server.

did i sugest this ?

euh i think not . . .

maybe i did not explained well but its not what i meand.

Im from Belgium and English is my third language but i do my best to explain it as best i can.

I mean i pay for my own server , this is a game server but from a different game ( not PW ).
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Paying for a server doesn't make it legal, you can rent servers from companies easily, alot never ask what you're using them for.

Besides that, Perfect World International is classified as an English only version of Perfect World designed for the USA (Irony it's called Perfect World International instead of Perfect World:US) If you want to apply for a job you should probably try Perfect World: Europe
    edited May 2009
    Options
    BTW my wife try play now and she crashes everytime.

a server message comes and say : you are booted.

Does it mean someone is now on her profile ?

its the third time now in 20 min even with a new password.

hmmmm
  • epherine
    edited May 2009
    Options
    No, it's a bug with PW that happens occasionally. Try checking the force log option before logging in normally.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    epherine wrote: »
    No, it's a bug with PW that happens occasionally. Try checking the force log option before logging in normally.

she did.

the moment she was connected and saw archeausaur a message apeared and says : you are booted , and game fully close.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ok now she can play again.

strange lol
    edited May 2009
    Options
    but i still not understand why sometimes she losing money when she reconnect.

i dont say it happens everyday but i guess she had this 4 times in 6 months or something...
  • kosake666
    kosake666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok, I know this is trolling and mean, but from all the forums I've been on, all the "requests" to become a GM, admin, or obtain any position of power, this must be said because I know many people are thinking it....

Can i pl0x bee a gee em? I kno good hao too play game, and mai friends sai i wud me awesome gee em!

btw: i hab mai own server, make me a gee em or i put you out of busines. lololololololb:victory

Ok, someone hurry up and make fun of me. lol

EDIT: Btw, Triple posting is not only 100% pure bred failure, but it's against basic rules for pretty much every forum in existence. >.<
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think the crash happened becoz of an unforeseen power outage at PWI office since Ether Saga was also down at that time :3
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think what happened is whatever the GMs will say on here. Until then, we can only guess. b:chuckle
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think what happened is whatever the GMs will say on here. Until then, we can only guess. b:chuckle

lol b:laugh thats true
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

As an fyi the network team is currently investigating the cause of the service outage that took place earlier this morning.

Also, regarding your employment application for the GM positions please keep in mind that our GM's are all paid Full Time staff employees of PWE and requires you to work at our offices in Northern California.

Also, with the current state of the depressed global economy we receive HUNDREDS of resumes/applications/inquiries per week and oftentimes our Human Resources staff cannot respond back to every applicant.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    some updates:

The service outage was brief and only affected West Coast servers.

Our Network Team is still in the process of investigating.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i got bumped off alot and couldnt sign on yesterday afternoon its probably just busy servers, along with new hardware bugs
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    As an fyi the network team is currently investigating the cause of the service outage that took place earlier this morning.

Also, regarding your employment application for the GM positions please keep in mind that our GM's are all paid Full Time staff employees of PWE and requires you to work at our offices in Northern California.

Also, with the current state of the depressed global economy we receive HUNDREDS of resumes/applications/inquiries per week and oftentimes our Human Resources staff cannot respond back to every applicant.
    Dvorak wrote: »
    some updates:

The service outage was brief and only affected West Coast servers.

Our Network Team is still in the process of investigating.

Proof why I love this game more than any other: the GM's actually keep in close contact with their player base. ^_^v Muchos Kudos-Desu!

*sniffle* ಥ_ಥ ...beautiful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    a bunny gm o.o :D
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    To be honest, I do not know what the big deal is. These things happen and MAY happen again. This is not the first time that this has happened with PW either.

All I know is that it is a minor inconvenience for those who want to play. I had set-up shop so all it took me to do was wait a few and then relog when they were back up and set up shop. (Well....after a few WC's of course...b:cute).

It just frustrates me to know end that most, if not all of the blame, when something goes wrong is on the GM's. They are monitors and helpers for those of us who need assistance. They obviously cannot help everyone at a moments notice but at least they have some presence.

Point is...take those few minutes to go outside or get something done that you were putting off till later.

All I know is that the Kitty Shops work!!! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous