It's NOT our hardware!!!

Vengal - Dreamweaver
Vengal - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
The game has been locking up/freezing for A LOT of people, including me, ever since the Genie upgrade was added. The last update didn't fix it, just made the lock ups happen less often, so there's still a problem and it's not, I repeat, NOT our drivers, hardware, etc., it's a software issue - own up to it guys!!

Maybe if there was some kind of time limit for the ridiculous cluster f*** of kitty shops in Western Arch (which seems to be where all of my lock ups have occurred) it might help...idk, just my 2 cents.
Post edited by Vengal - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• KigoJiJi - Heavens Tear
    KigoJiJi - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    nah im totally with you on this one, they have a Auction House, what need is there for Kitty Shops? most people, it seems, would have 2 computers running at once to use one for their shop, or you would have hundreds of shops up with players that NEVER PLAY. so SERIOUSLY Auction House or Kitty Shops PWI, i think its time that you pick one >_>;;;
    Sometimes things just cant be explained....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    We know about the issue in West Archosaur with the hundreds of catshops. Try to avoid the area if your system is having issues.

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited May 2009
    ok... you KNOW thats just asking to be flooded with pointless tickets that all say "our ptcher client says "client running, unable to proceed with update" we're already told you what's wrong, is there any way you can fix it?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited May 2009
    @KigoJiJi

Please do not change the topic of a thread, also known as hijacking.

This one is about the memory leak issue/AFK/Archosaur/Catshop issue, NOT the patching issues.

Please follow the forum rules.

Thanks!b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited May 2009
    wow.... alright, ill check em out then, and i did the whole ticket dealio.. not sure how much that will help, but there ya go >_>;;

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • damsen
    damsen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The game has been locking up/freezing for A LOT of people, including me, ever since the Genie upgrade was added. The last update didn't fix it, just made the lock ups happen less often, so there's still a problem and it's not, I repeat, NOT our drivers, hardware, etc., it's a software issue - own up to it guys!!

Same is happening to me. I played regularly until the genies came out with no problems (obviously since I'm level 81). Now, I can barely log in, let alone play the game. It fustrated me so much that I'm ready to delete the game and free up room for something less annoying and that makes me sad!

I'll try submitting a ticket. But, I doubt that's going to help much!
  • timelessdevotion
    timelessdevotion Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I completely agree.
    At least before the genies came, going through Archosaur was somewhat possible.
    Now after the genies, and I am NOT EXAGGERATING...

I can't enter Archosaur without freezing.
    I'm locked at my current level.

I think a good workaround would be to add an option into system settings to completely hide whole avatars (and not even preload them), however keep NPCs visible.

THIS WOULD HELP TONS for those having issues as your computer won't have to load the abundance of shops there!
  • darthpanda16
    edited May 2009
    Hang in there, we'll see if tonight's patch helps or not, ok?
  • MarrokBran - Heavens Tear
    MarrokBran - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:angryMy problem is that while tanking in FB's, TT's, minibosses and in any dungeon I start to run in place...go where I am not supposed to...cant attack when I need to (pisses off cleric BTW)...cant pick up items....and lose things from Inventory. Other than that this game is great (sarcasm) I have submitted a ticket with my system info ....PW came back telling me what to change on someone elses system ( I dont have duo-core Vista ) Idiots ( serious). Tried Logging on different puter...same thing. Had wife use her toon on my puter...works fine. STILL theay insist it is on my end !!!! This is nucken futs !!!
    Am getting steamed!!!! am ready to quit but we have spent soo much money on this broken down pile of **** game Hate to walk away. No money dollars for PW till I get fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    mercyt's Husband ☺friendly☻ helpful ♥ non-warring faction
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    We get your point of being mad o_o however, understand they have if not hundreds of tickets sent daily, thousands @_@; can be anoying, hopefully tonight's patch will fix these issues.

Note: Just watch the language :/
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • darthpanda16
    edited May 2009
    @MarrokBran

Looking at your tickets associated with all of your accounts from that location...

I apologize, sometimes we get our tickets and OSes crossed while multitasking. Someone must have crossed our wires. b:surrender

What did you try on the networking info that was sent to you?

What error messages did you get?

Who is your ISP?

How are you connected to the Internet?

Did you try changing the Affinity for your CPU cores to only run on one for the game as asked in the email?

How you tried power cycling all of your hardware? Turn off your PC, router, cable/DSL modem, etc. Leave them off for 30 seconds or so. (unplugging your router and modem is ideal)

Turn the modem on, the router on, then the computer. Give each one about 2 minutes to boot up before you turn on the next one.

See if any of that helps.
  • FuRiouS_One - Sanctuary
    FuRiouS_One - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    We know about the issue in West Archosaur with the hundreds of catshops. Try to avoid the area if your system is having issues.

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased

Kind of hard to avoid a place where you need to get or turn in quests lol. Plus its a nice city to roam around in :).

I mad a suggestion to ad an idle timer to all players just idling in game with either cat shops or just afkers, a 1 or 2 hours idle timer should be sufficient and auto log off those players and reduce some lag in the game. Or like others said do away with the cat shops and require the use of the action house (but adding in all items to the AH that arnt able to be sold there).
  • shadath
    shadath Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    actually, I think what should happen, is a limit to how many shops are in a given district. when the limit is reached, ya gotta set your shop up elsewhere. I would also like to add (I think it'd fit here since it soemwhat fits, not trying to hijack thread so lemme know if this isnt right) that shops should NOT be allowed to be made within X distance of an npc, its annoying when you get so many ppl and shops set up around a npc that even with shift you cant target because it confuses the system.

and people, you all complain about the gm's, devs, OTHER ppl, for the lag. nobody thinks about what THEY are doing themselves to contribute. when in west archo, you KNOW your gonna lagg because of how things are. perhaps get off your mount, put away your flying gear, and put your genie away. if everyone starts doing this as standard procedure, the lag will greatly reduce, if not vanish entirely.

same deal goes with the west archo shop lag. whats the point of EVERYONE putting their shops there if its going to completely kill sales via lag anyway? I have done experiments where I checked a bunch of shops and checked those same shops every time I went through. almost completely without fail, its seemed that every shop I'v watched, has never made a single sale. because hardly anyone can get through there in 1 piece without crashing. I have a good comp, and even I lag. I even sometimes crash. its a common issue because people wont stop croweding one spot. its partially the PLAYERS fault to.
  • Stelmaria - Sanctuary
    Stelmaria - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    MATE its problem of ur comp. if u dont have comp so good to play on MAX graphics then set lower (suppose u have high). Im not FREEZING. west Archo is a bit laggy for me. but not freezing after adding genies.
  • Akash - Harshlands
    Akash - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's not freezing for me either, it do is a little bit laggy in archosaur, but it is playable.

Just buy urself a new pc.
  • darthpanda16
    edited May 2009
    Our tests so far have been successful with the hardware upgrades of the servers last night.

No memory leaks, no crashes, no virtual memory PACMAN effects going on, or when in a Catshop and away from the keyboard.

Your mileage may vary.

I want to thank all of our players who stick with us during the ups and downs all games have (mostly ups b:victory ), especially persistent world games like ours, with millions of players.

Sometimes things get mixed up, but most of the time, everything rocks and is great fun!

Again, thank you all!! b:laughb:pleased
  • mythago
    mythago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    patch didnt fix the memory leak on my 4 month old vista machine or on my 6 year old xp one. and judging by chat today in faction no one elses was any better, so what system did you test this on cos clearly no one here is using it b:angry
  • darthpanda16
    edited May 2009
    Let us take a look at your system, what programs you have running on your systems.

What have you tried in the networking info listed in the two posts here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4
  • slutmonkey
    slutmonkey Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Let us take a look at your system, what programs you have running on your systems.

What have you tried in the networking info listed in the two posts here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4

I have reinstalled windows XP SP3 from scratch only thing I have loaded is PWI. Still same problem. All three of my systems do it. Was from the patch before the genies I think. Ever sinces my catshops have the red circles in them.

What are these red circles and why are they there? Its like the red cirlces on no smoking signs etc. They fill up 6 slots. This problem is not resolved.

Before this patch .. had NO crash. Not even 1. I can enter arch fine will never crash on any of my PC or laptop. Is a little laggy on laptop in arch.

Catshop problem happens in other cities too. But more so in arch. But I think that is because catshop sells more in Arch and the error occurs when someone does a trade.

There are two people in my guild that get the same error when just trading with other players as well as catshop.
  • MarrokBran - Heavens Tear
    MarrokBran - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    @MarrokBran

Looking at your tickets associated with all of your accounts from that location...

I apologize, sometimes we get our tickets and OSes crossed while multitasking. Someone must have crossed our wires. b:surrender

What did you try on the networking info that was sent to you?

What error messages did you get?

Who is your ISP?

How are you connected to the Internet?

Did you try changing the Affinity for your CPU cores to only run on one for the game as asked in the email?

How you tried power cycling all of your hardware? Turn off your PC, router, cable/DSL modem, etc. Leave them off for 30 seconds or so. (unplugging your router and modem is ideal)

Turn the modem on, the router on, then the computer. Give each one about 2 minutes to boot up before you turn on the next one.

See if any of that helps.

Sorry about the rant...Sometimes tho I get soo frusterated. I came on today with high hopes that I would be fixed. Went on TT 1-2.... and Bam.. I broke. How is it that I have played 75 lvls without any bad things happening and the day the genies come out I start having problems, And then you are blaming my server or equipment that has not changed from day one?. I had the IP changed our switch but that hasnt helped, I have repeatedly reset our modem and switch, had a service man from our provider here yesterday, ALL is good on this end. I have tried changing all setting to lowest possible. I do NOT have a dual core computer, so I will leave setting as is.
    Now PLEASE listen to this...I can play an alt on this same puter without any problems at all....NONE, nada, works great. If I log on my wife's puter ( that she uses all the time for her character) with my barb...same thing happens....doesnt matter if we are at home or elsewhere. IT IS ONLY THIS TOON !!!
    Sorry frusterated..... How can it be on my end ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    mercyt's Husband ☺friendly☻ helpful ♥ non-warring faction
  • epherine
    epherine Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    In any case, doing the suggestions does not help any, as PW crashed with my commit charge peaking over 2200000 in West Archosaur with my ram limit at 2gb. This is with all settings turned down. I really don't know about fps problems, since that's due to all the genies fluttering around, along with the fiery nienbeasts, but there's something clearly wrong with the coding, since so many have been running PW without memory leaks prior to the genie patch.
  • PimpinEZ - Sanctuary
    PimpinEZ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Dont get rid of cat shop like these ****** say auction house blows for finding good deals and if there is a good deal someone else just makes the bid go higher also did you see the npc when genies first came out yea thats what the auction house npc will look like 24/7 i say make a market instance for each city and or just fix this memory leak
    also i have been playing less since i cant make money. i run it over night while sleeping i just crash a few hours later and get no sales then realize i just wasted actual money on energy cost running a game that doesnt even work garbage do your dam job.
  • Sir_Joshua - Lost City
    Sir_Joshua - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The market instance sounds like a logically sound suggestion.
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i recommend a market instance aswell, there's to much lag originated things in West Arch, Cat Shops, Auction House, 2 CS NPC's or atleast move NPC's
  • diddy
    diddy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A possible answer I have to the catshop problem in west archosaur and anywhere would be; put a timer on the shop and make the catshop pay for the privilage of having a shop-every minute it is open you pay x amount of coins (whatever that may be, maybe even make it item related, ie; selling higher level items costs more per minute for the catshop than low level items-and if the player doesnt have coins on them or runs out of coins the shop closes) Since the shops are currently free and have no charges for selling or time limits people are taking advantage of this-almost exploiting it even. Make people pay for the privilage. The auction house charges, why shouldnt the catshops have to pay too?
  • SweetMisty - Heavens Tear
    SweetMisty - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hi!

I find it somehow hilarious that, all of us who have been playing for months and barely had any problems, that all of a sudden we all have computer problems...that the lags/dc come from our sides......

No matter what GMs will say..the problem is not at our end, period! As for removing/relocating catshops...yes it was causing a minor lag in west arch before...but the actual problem is not there!

I don't see how the hundreds of catshops in west arch can make me lag when i am at the top map area and noone else around, or getting dc just by flying doing WQ, and still noone around!

Same thing in FB, TT where it is only squad members there...too crowded????

And all this, since the last 3 patches??? So my computer is the problem?? NOT!
  • Lucifeara - Lost City
    Lucifeara - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Not just a west archo lag issue anymore, something on your server is seriously wrong, I know it sure as hell aint my equipment, as it never lags on anything lol. I have been in IT longer than most people, around 20 years, also been a GM on mmo's, and my system is a streamlined powerhouse with minimum processes running, fatstest antivir etc, silly amounts of premium ram, dual core, dual gfx cards, 4 SATA II harddrives etc, and 10MB optic fibre broadband. And tbh I don't think the issues over the last few days relate to the genies either, as had ddos style, 30 second lag spikes, in an area with only 9 people yesterday. Either the server is being ddosed, or something is wrong in its setup.
    We have a phrase in England thats appropriate, "Don't try and teach your grandma how to suck eggs!"
This discussion has been closed.