LAG :s

Options
Lycanclaw - Heavens Tear
Lycanclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
hey, i've been playing PWI for bout 3 months now and never had any serious lag issues.. but recently, maybe 3 days ago or so.. i've been getting this real bad lag thats been making it unbareable to play. it comes on and off frequently, i get probably 5-10 seconds of lag free time where everything i tried to do while lagging catches up in fast forward.. and after that another few minutes of no response when i try anything such as hopping on a mount or clicking skills. nothings changed recently on my part in terms of my computer or internet connection (but its hard to know as someone with the same isp's been complaining of the same thing) but..i'm not sure bout saying its the isp's fault just yet as i havent had problems with any other internet activities.. and dodo, my isp, is a pain in the rear to communicate with.

anyone got some clues on what it might be?.. i'm realy hoping its all gonna blow over but its been 3 days so who knows..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Lycanclaw - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Please review the networking info in two of the posts here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Lycanclaw - Heavens Tear
    Lycanclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    um.. b:shocked
    then what? i'm not very computer savvy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It could be a networking setting, or an antivirus or firewall setting.

It may be easiest to have a PC Technician professional help you, or have a friend that is computer knowledgeable help you with it.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Miggie - Heavens Tear
    Miggie - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    hey, i've been playing PWI for bout 3 months now and never had any serious lag issues.. but recently, maybe 3 days ago or so.. i've been getting this real bad lag thats been making it unbareable to play. it comes on and off frequently, i get probably 5-10 seconds of lag free time where everything i tried to do while lagging catches up in fast forward.. and after that another few minutes of no response when i try anything such as hopping on a mount or clicking skills. nothings changed recently on my part in terms of my computer or internet connection (but its hard to know as someone with the same isp's been complaining of the same thing) but..i'm not sure bout saying its the isp's fault just yet as i havent had problems with any other internet activities.. and dodo, my isp, is a pain in the rear to communicate with.

anyone got some clues on what it might be?.. i'm realy hoping its all gonna blow over but its been 3 days so who knows..
    b:cry
    Finally, i have been reading through the forums hoping someone else was having the same issues a myself.
    I have been experiencing the same issues as you have mentioned for about the same period of time. It's unplayable, and strangely enough i too am with dodo.
    i have followed the network related t/s guides here, sent a ticket through to support, but i have also been on the phone with Dodo who insist there is nothing wrong on their end, although they have told me they will be "getting back to me".

Also. for me is not only happening in Arch.. doesn't matter where i am or where i log in i get this issue. Couple other things i noticed that have been happening that hadn't before:

Not always, but more often a complete timeout when logging into game, or at least 3-10sec wait. Most times ping for Heavens Tear server is around 180-200m/s mark... but occassionally 3000m/s. When i send a msg to someone it takes around 30secs - 1min to actually show up on the screen.

Hopefully something comes from this if many of us are experiencing the same issue. b:cryb:bye
  • Miggie - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Please review the networking info in two of the posts here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4

Thought i might add i have followed this advice, still no change.
  • Sabertank - Heavens Tear
    Sabertank - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When i use my Laptop .... It lags Like Yours.... but when i use DeskTop ... it doesn't .. it just Lags when i got to West Arch any ways I use Direct Conection No wifi for the laptopb:cry
    b:pleased[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:pleased
  • LegoverLass - Heavens Tear
    LegoverLass - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the lag has been getting progresivly worse over the last 4-8 weeks culminating in the genies , makin arc vertually a no go area unless you using NASA's connection , i try to do as much as i can away from arc and log out anywhere but arc , i guess its the volume of users you would think anticipating this PWI would have plans in the pipeline to improve the bandwidth available ,, watch this space ....................................

or maybe not b:sad
  • Miggie - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the lag has been getting progresivly worse over the last 4-8 weeks culminating in the genies , makin arc vertually a no go area unless you using NASA's connection , i try to do as much as i can away from arc and log out anywhere but arc , i guess its the volume of users you would think anticipating this PWI would have plans in the pipeline to improve the bandwidth available ,, watch this space ....................................

or maybe not b:sad

Yes after the adding of genies it did get worse around arch, and i do take pre-cautions before and after the genie addition to not log in arch. Sadly now it doesn't matter where i am. And i have played perfectly fine up until 3 days ago.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hmmm, what I do is press alt + F9 to change the game specs to the lowest.
    That way, it will not matter how many people are around / cat shops, you will have less lagg than with your normal game-play.

It is some times computer lag and not network lag (ram, video card, etc. hardware/software issues).

When going to populated places, try using the lowest specs so you will not be like frame-30 seconds-frame-30 seconds-frame :P
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Miggie - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hmmm, what I do is press alt + F9 to change the game specs to the lowest.
    That way, it will not matter how many people are around / cat shops, you will have less lagg than with your normal game-play.

It is some times computer lag and not network lag (ram, video card, etc. hardware/software issues).

When going to populated places, try using the lowest specs so you will not be like frame-30 seconds-frame-30 seconds-frame :P

Thanks for your advice, although i have already tried to play with low settings. Same result whether high or low settings are used.
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

It may be easiest to have a PC Technician professional help you, or have a friend that is computer knowledgeable help you with it.

Seriously, stop posting that kind of message, it's trully annoying and far from helpfull.

What the guys is describing can be clearly identify has some lag due to insufficent amount of RAM. Don't tell him it can be his anti-virus / firewall / etc. it ISN'T.

The problem is that the game is leaking more memory then in the past month. The result is that is RAM that can be close to the limit will be filled up really fast and therefore having abnormal lag with long response time.

It isn't graphic related, it's purely related to the amount of RAM he has.

What could be usefull to say is, that he needs to play the game with less programm open to have more space in RAM and therefore reducing the lag. He could also consider to buy more RAM (which is a kindda cheap upgrade to do and it will give him good benefit).
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
This discussion has been closed.