TW report anyone?

Options
HolyInferno - Sanctuary
HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Tideswell (East)
I was wondering if anyone is up to writing TW reports and accounts every weekend? I'm just curious to see how our younger servers are developing. But if you are going to take this task I beg of you to keep it as unbiased as possible, since many of these types of thread fail when they become biased and end up a flame war thread. If you need an example on how to start you can check out my own that i started in Sanctuary. b:byeb:cute

Sanctuary TW News Thread
b:bye you were all swell peoples
Post edited by HolyInferno - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    Seraphim - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately there is so much drama and intrigue in Dreamweaver than an unbiased account is nearly impossible. In a small server where everyone knows everyone, rumors become truth within just a few hours.

If someone manages to pull this off without a flame war, I'd be quite impressed. A lot of factions here are underestimated or overestimated but I'm looking forward to how things play out.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well hopefully there will emerge a person in Dreamweaver who isn't tainted by the drama. Basically someone who puts observation over participation. However, to write one of these, one must also have many contacts throughout the guilds. Basically the idea of eyes and ears everywhere. I myself am in the largest TW guild in the sanctuary server. At times, I find it hard to stay unbiased but I just remind myself, this is for the people, not for the guild. And according to the comments on my thread, my critics, the readers, have so far given me the thumbs up. Hopefully it stays the same.

PS: with so much drama, this would be a great opportunity for someone with a neutral mindset to clear many things up. Again, kinda hard to juggle neutrality and information gathering since that person would need to be involved as much as possible, which means choosing a side on the battlefield.
  • Olee - Dreamweaver
    Olee - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    nothing changed in this server, much ppl came from sanctuary, and so its like sanctuary. well, there arent strong guilds, just Calamity and Equinox, at least sanctuary had Nef LG SW Outlaw Ravenous Seppu NWO... but there atm, its all calamity vs Equinox.. the rest is so away from this factions

And So I aint going to do this every weekend but I can write some info of it went, and how I can think it can go.. so lets start :

Calamity started near city of lost , and they went south, Bloodpact and inmortal tried to stop them, but they failed, now BP is out of the map, and inmortal is at a very bad moment, after 2 weeks ago, Equinox and Calamity attacked them, so seems like Calamity going to have all the south, and atm they have 1 land more than Equinox,

Equinox started in the north, they moved to etherblade, and so hold all the north , as they block titans( 1 land ) dominion (3 lands) and Dynasty (1 land)

Armagedon. Once it was a good guild, but they are in a very bad moment, after Equinox and Calamity attacked them at same time, and they losed 2 lands, they lost some nembers, so they arent that powerfull faction anymore, They started in the north, all lands near Dreamweaver. but now seems like can be a good lands for calamity and Equinox in a future,

So with that u may understand a little more, but probally any1 can upgrade a SS of hows the map right now tho.

so In a future ... I think than Calamity and Equinox, have the lvls for a lvl 2 TW already... so who knows when they can try it. but at that point, Calamity hold City of plume for sure, and Equinox etherblade.. but we will see what happens

And so for now Calamity respect Equinox, and so Equinox respect Calamity, but at time they gotta have to fight each other, then we will see whos the stronger faction, but now its a draw. And anyways seems like the 50 % of the map gotta be for Calamity and the other 50 % for Equinox, and then they gotta fight each other

I dunno what more I can say, if u got a question just ask... I hope it helped u a little...

Cu Olee, and Sorry if sometimes I made a typo or so b:surrender
    edited May 2009
    Options
    interesting how you say that many people from sanctuary came over to Dreamweaver so it is like sanctuary. So many people are screaming for map wipe or how it is unfair that two factions hold the whole map. Why aren't these ex-sanctuary people learning from this and trying to stop it before it gets too crazy? hmmm...interesting indeed. Unless something happens soon, I fear Dreamweaver = younger sanctuary.

perhaps things cannot be changed in these servers. It almost feels like this is faith and nothing can change it from happening.
  • Olee - Dreamweaver
    Olee - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Why they want to change it ? they getting very good payed at big faction, so all them are happy, making 400 persons ( the highest lvls ) a little rich, but well Theres loyal ppl too. but mainly the ppl everywhere is loyal to the money, and not the faction, and u cant fix it, highest lvls meet allways at the same faction, and even if they arent happy here, they just stay cuz they can TW every weekend, **** some ppl, and get some money and well, if u meet high lvls, they can help u, thats what u think so because usually the big TWs factions arent that helpfull as a normal one, I dont mean than they dont help, but U dont allways need a high lvl for help,a lvl 6x can help the same than a 8x, it depends about the person and not the lvl.but as I said, the highest lvls meet each other at a faction ''for get more help''

So mainly atm I see something fun, cuz Calmity is red , just as Nef, and they both are the same, ofc than calamity needs to work a lot more if they want to be like them.

And Armagedon is cyan, just as Outlaw( my old faction b:victory) and well they as Outlaw is... Very friendly faction, but they didnt have luck at TW map :(

Equinox is pink,, dunno who was pink in sanctuary, so Cant speak about them lol,

So yeah HolyInferno, this gotta be just the same than Sanctuary :) I dont think any1 can change it tbh :)

Cu Olee
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'd love to do something like that since I follow all the TWs anyway, but I don't think that the server is developed enough that a lot of people actually care about it at this point. b:chuckle But that's just my opinion.

Thing thing that might be hard is keeping the topic a non-flame war, as you mentioned. I myself enjoy the drama and whatnot that sometimes pops into WC/circles around, but really, have no bias since I know a lot of people throughout the server, and really don't have the mindset to get myself too worried over a game... b:sweat But a lot of people like to argue on here...and I am one of them sometimes.

So who knows, I might try a write-up this weekend and see whether people like it or not, just to see whether this will be successful on this server this soon. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grox - Dreamweaver
    Grox - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Very nice Olee. You seem to have everything down very accurate. Too bad I joined this server more than a month after it started. I missed a lot of history. Yes, I fear EQ and Calamity will own the whole map, with nothing to stop them. I just hope they will be nice and respectful, not ego inflated snobs.

By the way if anyones wondering i'm from Armagedon :D
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ugh our hot pink/fushcia map color that assaults my eyes each time I open the map. I wish we could pick a different color. b:surrender

Anyway, Li, you would be a great person to do a write up. b:victory
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Theia - Dreamweaver
    Theia - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Equinox has whole TW history on their site and they could borrow those SS to someone that wants to keep track.... just an idea. :D
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Equinox has whole TW history on their site and they could borrow those SS to someone that wants to keep track.... just an idea. :D

We do? All I see is a mention of how EQ came to be. o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I update the front page of the website unless someone beats me to it first ... Unfortunately, I had screenshots of the TW Maps as factions accrued or lost land but I erased them a week ago (figuring it was pointless to keep them ... I didn't think on chronicling (sp?) TW history ... I would fear it would be interpreted as EQ are shoving their maps on the forums.)

Our members don't brag (that I know of or at least it doesn't happen whenever I am online) and nor does Calamity, much respect to them for not bragging as well. Hopefully, if this idea of Dreamweaver TW catalog goes through, things will hopefully be clean ... I would expect EQ and CAL to defend themselves if majorly flamed but not talk smack to other guilds to start drama.

But who knows, I might make use of that popcorn and read what goes on if the drama is really REALLY good! (J/K)
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well there has yet to be a flame war on the thread I started (thank god). I can only think of two reasons. People just dont care anymore, OR People have recognized by attempt to stay as unbiased as possible. Either way, I really hope you guys start one and it stays up for a looong time. I wish there was a thread on sanctuary that was started a loong time ago. History is fun to re-live sometimes :)