Options
2»

Comments

• Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    Mr_jingle - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbIGZBUIWR4

What more can I say? Too many cookies today I had! Video says it all.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I need everyone who's encountering this issue to list here in as much detail as you possibly can exactly what you did immediately prior to it occurring.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• BigPunisher - Sanctuary
    BigPunisher - Sanctuary Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Thanks Mr_jingle for posting this problem. I've tried to post this problem on general discussion but no success in getting it fixed.

I've spoken to a GM in game regarding the problem and he said he will report it. I'm just hoping that they fix it soon.

Btw, it's not funny... it's annoying.

b:cry
  • Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Funny at first but yea annoying when it happens unexpectedly. I was jumping around and using skills a lot if that helps any.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Do you know specifically which skills you were using?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

edited May 2009
    Options
    I was in fb/TT tanking a boss. As soon as i finish a boss, i move and that was when the glitch starts.

Once it starts running, it won't stop and keeps running in one spot or shake from side to side.

I tend to encounter this more often after I kill/fight a boss or run around using WASD.

Please help!
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I was using freshream, normal attack, aclerity (or however u spell it) of the beast, sunder. Just typical tiger skills.
  • Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »

Well yesterday it happened to me while I was in tiger form using skills like Flesh Ream, Devour, Alacrity of the Beast, and Frighten. I can't confirm that may be cause of the glitch but I should try different things and get back with you if it happens again on one skill or all of them.
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Suffering from same bug too. Posted ticket about it today, no answer yet of course.
    Verified client but it didnt help at all.

This bug started appearing after latest patch.

Its like the run-animation stucks on.
    Also if you try to harvest a mine while its on, you will get mats and the counter will go to 100% but will be stuck there. Hitting esc or getting hit by a monster,nothing helps but forced logout if you're in combat.

Relog fixes it every time though or teleporting.

You can even hear the running sounds while tanking a boss between your skill hits as your char tries to run and tank at same spot :D

This running on spot causes some skill lag also.

I'am glad to see iam not just crazy and other barbs are having this running in place thing glitch too. Its really annoying, specificaly the skill lag, and harvesting mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Lone_Tiger - Sanctuary
    Lone_Tiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have the same problem, it drives me crazy. I noticed it always comes up when I try to kill bosses. I suspect it has to do something with the skills you use these times or the potions. I use the following skills and items during 95% of the bosses:

Flesh Ream - lvl10
    Alacrity of the Beast - lvl7
    Roar - lvl7
    Sunder - lvl3
    Genie Skill Tree of Protection - lvl6
    Beastial Rage
    For pots, Large Healt Potion, Medium Mystery potion.

I also noticed, this problem never occures right after you log in. It takes some time, even if you immediately start to kill a boss upon entering the game.

I hope this proves to be useful info about the problem and helps a little. :)
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    happened to me few times just by running. not using skills :s. I think its like the character gets to stand in "another pixel" than its supposed to. Like goes too far or too slow..However I got no idea. Just that it drives me crazy, to need to relog so much. But I admit to say it happen more often, the more you spam tiger skills. i spam sunder, surf impact, belestial rage, alacrity, frighten while i grind btw. so i doubt its the Flesh ream who does it, cos i dont use this skill when I grind atleast.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Hybrisx - Harshlands
    Hybrisx - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Still having the problem b:angry
    It's getting annoying now , happens during TT, fb and sometimes during grind b:surrender
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    yup. it pisses me off..
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • inbetween0
    inbetween0 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Happens after a boss fight, 50% of the time, client gets bugged? But from what i know, others dont see it happening to you, rather its client sided where you cant really command your character to do anything and its stuck in an eternal movement animation. Relogging fixes it but....I dont liek having to rebuff each time xD
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've had this bug one too many times already. Like the others, mostly while tanking. It doesn't happen that much while grinding, but with bosses it's something else. Last time it happened to me was last night inside 2-1 tanking that big death knight thing whose name I forgot. It's a good thing we were 2 tanks taking turns.

So far, no critical problems, but I get stuck like this too often.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • vanamees
    vanamees Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I have the same bug, same skills, same situations. Many squad members have died because of my delayed ability to tank boss or take it over from veno. Even farming mats - I stop on 100% and cant move - need to relog. After rez - I cant move - need to relog. Fix it plz!b:angry
  • ChickenWeed - Sanctuary
    ChickenWeed - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    This bug happens only in tiger form, and it can happen without using any skills. One time I was just killing mobs in the past in tiger form using normal attacks ONLY, and after a few minutes, the bug occurred.
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hi ... this is what i see in game and bothers me myself and i too >.> b:angryb:angry .. sins genies came game is poooo :( i keep on lagging if i go in a TT after 5 min my char seems to keep on running while i stand still ... its almost imposible to buff then ... or transform or try to grind its funny >< right ... i dont get it plssss lol i am soo tired of the dc's and lags and bugs the past few weeks ... barb players have hard time playing the game normal for even 15 minutes when in action ... not meaning pking ... this been going on for 3 weeks now ... i cant lvl the way i want while i have a hard time keeping my hp meter normal because idk what will happen next lol .. will mobs speed up dbl time again .. (not using genie what so ever that have speed skill) .... or will i get stuck in air if i jump .. will my char go in a heavy schocking state ?? i mean what would keep some1 from playing if u have this for weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMMON LOL damn im quit if this takes any longer b:cryb:cryb

ohh btw i checked up many almost all barbs have it that i know ty u :))
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • HatedSoul - Sanctuary
    HatedSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    io cannot play normal for weeks ... =.= first the dc's now lmy char is uncontrollable atleast it wont do what i want it to doo ... exact same was what postmaker describes i have too ... but i dont do TT or fb think its waste of time dont make nothing out of it ... but i grind aoe mobs in tiger form but i cant grind 5 minuts i mean ... what did u guys change on barbs?? i mean check that up?? take all out if u need and put in again maybe?? i dunno u need to do something because i will quit if this goes on for 2 more weeks im not spending time and $$ on a game that bugs on me all lthe time i mean a lil while ok i am understanding but knowing barbs are tanks in most TT runs in tw taking a city how will u do that now ?? with barbs that go in a shocking state or keep flyng if they jump ... u know what i think is most lame ... u never see a gm say nothing bout it lolz atleasttt not enoughhhh !!!!!... no where why not ???take ur responsibilty's pls .... and give players some hope ...b:shutupb:angry
    I MISS AYANOb:cryb:sad
  • halleeeeeee
    halleeeeeee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've the same problem of my barb always running after kill mobs in instances.
    was going to send a ticket, is really anoying always reloging b:surrender

repair it plz
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm hoping it's fixed after the next maintenance.

Barbs are an underplayed class especially in the higher levels. Alot of people quit playing barbs around lvl 60. I'm sure they are working on fixing this new bug, but in the meantime here is an idea for a temp fix:

FREE TELE INCENSE TO ALL BARBS, 'cause it will fix the bug untill it comes back ^.^

If nothing is done about this issue, I will throw myself down on the floor and whine and cry 'till I get my way, like a true barb does [/sarcasm].
  • MarrokBran - Heavens Tear
    MarrokBran - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    OK...it has been several weeks now and still no fix. I have offered the use of my toon to see what happens and still no response. All I get when sending in tickets is basically an automatic canned reply. If so many of us barbs are experiencing this bug, it seems odd that PW can't replicate it. Take my Barb for a spin PW Geeks....I promise not to report you. WHY does this go on ? I have played my toon about a quarter as much now and have not spent any rl money since it has started glitching. I know I dont spend alot but I calculate PW has lost around $50 from me ( well...my wife's account buys it all) Just curious to hear how much PW is losing from the rest of you broken Barbs. Maybe PW wont get serious about fixing this problem until it hurts their pocketbook.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    mercyt's Husband ☺friendly☻ helpful ♥ non-warring faction
  • doghredoghredoghre
    doghredoghredoghre Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »

its not what we do it seems just when we start girding or killing any mobs or when i get in the fb or tt but i can tell you this every thing stays ok until we start attacking the mob or boss it start lagging and my barb dosn't stop the run animation and some times he dosnt atk any more and some times he get stuck and cant move at all i have to get out of the game and re-log so please fix **** soon as you can
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I mainly have gotten those types of problems in instances, in tiger form. However, after coming across another thread a week back telling me not to use beastial rage and then spam skills, it's been a lot better.

So basically, try going easy on your skills right after you've used beastial rage to gain chi. I'm not saying it will fix everyone's problem (nor should we need to watch what we spam in the first place b:angry ), but maybe it'll make one of you guy's gameplay less complicated at the moment.
  • pooritan
    pooritan Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i had the feeling it only happens when i stand for a while at the same place when fighting. i tried to move from time to time when i tank. but don't know if that really had any impact.

something new what i experienced last days. when i have this glitch, die and get revieved i am stuck at a place and can't move. like my char is a statue. i am sure this was always like it since the glitch started. but i die so few times b:chuckle

and dear pwi company....when did i make my first post about it...when you got the first tickets from players....how long have the people to complain....how many have to quit their barbs or just prefer to play other classes......how long will it take you until you fix this.

i try to get over it but not all are that patient or barb junkies
    and it had on me also a great effect....i just played alot other chars.

=>no barbs=>other class players get frustrated too cause they need them=>people quit or play less==> don't spend cash
  • Gralth - Sanctuary
    Gralth - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    So basically, try going easy on your skills right after you've used beastial rage to gain chi. I'm not saying it will fix everyone's problem (nor should we need to watch what we spam in the first place b:angry ), but maybe it'll make one of you guy's gameplay less complicated at the moment.

Yeah... go to rb delta and try using 1 skill per 10 seconds not to get bugged...
    I glitch even if I run my simple tanking macro..

And not using skills? Come on.... beastial rage is one of most essential skills out there...

I just don't get it. You guys have a bug which makes one of classess teleport/relog after every boss, bah, after most of combat encounters actually...

How can I enjoy the game?
    And it's not just barbs. Other classess are pissed by that too... especially buffers... ("omg that idiot relogs again.... i'm wasting my mana for him")

Yea... call this QQ.... but barb is hardly enjoyable to play since this bug is around...
    You're no better than Raskolnikov... who felt he could justify killing an old woman... with an ax!
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yeah... go to rb delta and try using 1 skill per 10 seconds not to get bugged...
    I glitch even if I run my simple tanking macro..

And not using skills? Come on.... beastial rage is one of most essential skills out there...
    I never said not to use skills, I said to go easy on them right after using beastial rage. It "fixed" it for me, I'm just trying to be helpful.
  • coldice2000
    coldice2000 Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I find this lag very odd and it doesn't ever happen on my cleric. I don't run in place or whatever, which is what I keep seeing on here. But rather, I've lagged in attacks. I click on the mob, wait ~2 seconds and :o it's targeted. Use a skill, my barb goes up to it and wait two seconds, bam, it hits. Then it starts attacking normally and whenever I use a skill have to waste 2 seconds before it actually strikes. I never spam skills except at bosses to keep aggro or whatever. I was just attacking a water mob. Anyway, I finally kill the mob and when I try to pick up the drops, I have to wait 2 seconds before it actually picks it up. This is really lame when I happen to be fishing in the Sea of Isolation because my job as looter is slowed down incredibly by the fact that I have to wait that much longer to pick up the loot. And then the drops pile up and argh! b:angry

EDIT: Doesn't just happen in tiger mode, but also humanoid form as well.
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yes, it happens in tiger or human form and even if you just use normal attack. It doesn't matter if you equip your genie or not. I still have hopes they'll fix it <3 PW.
This discussion has been closed.