Reputation Difficulties

Options

Comments

• XNecromancer - Sanctuary
    XNecromancer - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    ok quick question, are the stamps the same as the rep books set at lvls, if so out of boredom i did the the dq lotto and got 3 lvl 40+ books im holding on to as i didnt know what to do with.
  • Jessup - Heavens Tear
    Jessup - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    This is just another thing unbalanced about this game.

It is just useless gear to me ( will be ). Because to obtain that much rep at such a low level is insane.

I will just craft my own stuff. And the Rank stuff can collect dust on that vendor.
  • XNecromancer - Sanctuary
    XNecromancer - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i just found out last nite i got my first rank. 1 you cant get rid of it so it will just take up space, 2 im a light veno and it auto gives me arcane gear that is worse than what im running now.

how do i get rid of this stuff or can i just send to one of my old char i dont play
  • anaeli
    anaeli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You can't trade or decompose it, you could send it (I *think*) to another character (I haven't tried).

If all else fails you can sell it at an NPC and recoup about 1/2 the cost.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I doubt you'd be able to send it to another char, that would count as trading.
    You can sell it for half the cost, to get rid of it, and that's about it really.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    This is just another thing unbalanced about this game.

It is just useless gear to me ( will be ). Because to obtain that much rep at such a low level is insane.

I will just craft my own stuff. And the Rank stuff can collect dust on that vendor.

Rank 8 military gear (200k rep) are the best equips in the game (aside from warsoul weps)
    Back.
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Rank Gear can be Sold to Vendors.. for 1/2 the cost of buying it.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Darkness stamps were completely removed from fb69 79 89 and 99 a few months back.

Those are the ones with the most rep and are part of the way players in other versions were able to attain rank 8.

Once you are 9X and are really trying to go for the rank 8 mobs in fb59 are pretty much going to stop dropping for you so it is not a good place to farm rep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    @OP

If you were on Heaven's Tear I would run you through FB59 over and over. I've been feeding my genie and at the same time running the FB59 for Darkness Stamps and boss drops. I'm level 63 veno with a herc, doing the FB unwined takes me forever mind you but the drops and the much needed rep make up for the time I spend in there.

And I like the challenge...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Payne-tsu 93 |Queen-tsu 89 |Shadow-tsu 69
    Pantsu b:dirty
  • Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    Mr_jingle - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1951362&postcount=5

The only one-man army quest I seen that grants you 3 reputation for killing just 20 mobs. Try it out if you in that level range.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1951362&postcount=5

The only one-man army quest I seen that grants you 3 reputation for killing just 20 mobs. Try it out if you in that level range.

Can you do that at any level?
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Rank Gear can be Sold to Vendors.. for 1/2 the cost of buying it.
    oi wtf, why was this thread bumped just to say this? budika shame on you
  • Flieyah - Dreamweaver
    Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    However, as stated above, Each of the FB runs grant EXP along with the Reputation. So this will still unbalance you. Making you level up to way above 60 before you can even possibly get rank 4. Most likely you will be in your mid 70's or higher.

Shyriena of Sanctuary

I guess that's what the genies are for b:chuckle
    "What we do is what you just can't do."
    b:cool
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm using the genies to keep myself at level 91 until I have a ton more rep than I do. 13,086 at the moment.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm using the genies to keep myself at level 91 until I have a ton more rep than I do. 13,086 at the moment.
    and the train has arrived at its final destination, No one cares, population: everyone.
    13k is nothing, no one cares, go try and boost your ego else where :)
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Compare my rep to the rest of PWI. Not many have more, I tested that with a topic a while back. :P

The reactions I get always prove that.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited May 2009
    Options
    oh well, no one cares.
    Not many have more
    not many play ALL day as if they had no lives either
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Compare my rep to the rest of PWI. Not many have more, I tested that with a topic a while back. :P

The reactions I get always prove that.
    and the train has arrived at its final destination, No one cares, population: everyone.
    13k is nothing, no one cares, go try and boost your ego else where :)

Yes,... BOO BOOOO BOOOOO I am happy with my 16XX rep.
    edited May 2009
    Options
    and im happy with my 5k rep, rep isnt the end of the world. i have the money and the resources, alll i need now is to get to level 100 and hunt down twilight minister and i will be the first one with a sinrabansho !!!1
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    at level 52 i have 1.4k reputation
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i do believe 1 man armies are actually faster rep than fb's in general (especially unwined ones).
    edited May 2009
    Options
    rep farming is lame, aim for TT or lunar or frost junk
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've been feeding my genie and at the same time running the FB59 for Darkness Stamps

That is my thought for the best way to do it. Hit level 60 and farm FB59 until you are just a few rep shy of 200k (just shy enough that you will hit 200k right when you need to). You can fill up genie after genie while you get your rep. Depending on how long it takes you it is possible for you to be lucky enough to even get a genie with 60/60 lucky points. Using a veno you can even farm darkness stamps for your other characters until they have 200k as well. Sure your veno will be level 60 for a long time but you will have an awesome genie collection. b:pleased

Obviously this plan works better if your veno is not your main character since it may be hard to convince yourself to remain level 60 for that long if it is.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    That is my thought for the best way to do it. Hit level 60 and farm FB59 until you are just a few rep shy of 200k (just shy enough that you will hit 200k right when you need to). You can fill up genie after genie while you get your rep.
    I've been doing FB59 unwined since my veno was 65 (when I got my herc). I stopped leveling at 67, first by suiciding to lose exp, then by dumping exp into genies. I'm at 4976 rep right now.

At 67, you average about 8-12 darkness stamps per run, clearing the minimum number of mobs needed to kill the bosses. Lowest was 3, most was 17. Each stamp is worth 8 rep, for an average of 64-96 rep. It takes about 3-4 hours solo, 2 hours with a partner. So you're looking at 25-30 rep an hour on average. That's a heckuva lot faster than anything else I've found. Maybe if you can manage to line up a dozen sequential tabbed FB29s you might do better. But that's pretty unlikely.

But even at that rate, getting to 200k rep would require 9.1 months of nonstop FB59 runs. That's 9 months of no sleeping, no eating, no nothing except FB59. Not going to happen.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    While I too like to dig in archives I don't understand why bring up this old thread?
  • epherine
    epherine Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yeah, this thread was necroed, although I do appreciate the information since i'm partial to needing help with reputation. I really wish that there was a higher level option of the 3 rep lvl 33 tiger striped araneid one man army quests.

Ok, so people run FB59 at higher levels. What do non-venos do? Being forced to make a veno alt just to farm rep is ridiculous, god knows that the servers need anymore of them. No offense. xD
  • aazadan
    aazadan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've been doing FB59 unwined since my veno was 65 (when I got my herc). I stopped leveling at 67, first by suiciding to lose exp, then by dumping exp into genies. I'm at 4976 rep right now.

At 67, you average about 8-12 darkness stamps per run, clearing the minimum number of mobs needed to kill the bosses. Lowest was 3, most was 17. Each stamp is worth 8 rep, for an average of 64-96 rep. It takes about 3-4 hours solo, 2 hours with a partner. So you're looking at 25-30 rep an hour on average. That's a heckuva lot faster than anything else I've found. Maybe if you can manage to line up a dozen sequential tabbed FB29s you might do better. But that's pretty unlikely.

But even at that rate, getting to 200k rep would require 9.1 months of nonstop FB59 runs. That's 9 months of no sleeping, no eating, no nothing except FB59. Not going to happen.

I have to disagree with some of your logic here. Before bringing numbers into it, the bosses of each wing are some major time sinks with the time they take to kill. Additionally, in the wood, water, and fire wings if you kill the minimal mobs you end up only hitting the stuff that's the lowest drop rate for the most part (metal you miss half the high drops, earth you get most) I don't know how long it takes you to do each wing but lets look at water for a second (since I have fire/water memorized, and it has a very high rate of level 62's).

Without taking a higher level into consideration here's what you've got for the wing, plus the enterance mobs to reach the wing (not including gatekeeper or boss, neither have stamps on their table).
    Mob				Amount	Level	Drop Rate	Average Drops
    Undine Tide Mistress		14	61	16.49		2.31
    Laqux, Oddfoot Lord		2	60	14.61		0.29
    Sharpfang Oddfoot		10	61	17.02		1.7
    Etherpod Tortise King		25	62	16.97		4.24
    Antelope Sage			8	62	17.28		1.38
    Pentox Longleg			2	59	14.61		0.29
    Undine Keeper of Mysteries	1	60	15.85		0.16
    Gauren Minion			1	59	14.61		0.15
    Aerox Skyshroud			1	62	17.37		0.17
    Hexocelot Warlock		1	61	17.35		0.17
    Hexocelot Magus			2	60	15.91		0.32
    Molten Firedrake		1	59	14.59		0.15

From the enterance and one wing that's an average of 11.34 stamps. Now, if you do it at 67, the drop rates will look like this:
    Undine Tide Mistress		14	61	13.19		1.85
    Laqux, Oddfoot Lord		2	60	11.68		0.23
    Sharpfang Oddfoot		10	61	13.62		1.36
    Etherpod Tortise King		25	62	13.58		3.39
    Antelope Sage			8	62	13.82		1.11
    Pentox Longleg			2	59	10.22		0.2
    Undine Keeper of Mysteries	1	60	12.68		0.13
    Gauren Minion			1	59	10.22		0.1
    Aerox Skyshroud			1	62	13.9		0.14
    Hexocelot Warlock		1	61	13.88		0.14
    Hexocelot Magus			2	60	12.73		0.25
    Molten Firedrake		1	59	10.21		0.1

That's an average of 9.01 stamps per run. A reduction from a full drop rate of 25.86%.

Now where it really gets fun, if you skip everything you can, in order to reach the boss, these numbers change. Using level 67 numbers, but reducing the encounters to only what you have to fight you get:
    Undine Tide Mistress		5	61	13.19		0.66
    Laqux, Oddfoot Lord		2	60	11.68		0.23
    Sharpfang Oddfoot		3	61	13.62		0.41
    Etherpod Tortise King		0	62	13.58		0
    Antelope Sage			2	62	13.82		0.28
    Pentox Longleg			2	59	10.22		0.2
    Undine Keeper of Mysteries	1	60	12.68		0.13
    Gauren Minion			1	59	10.22		0.1
    Aerox Skyshroud			1	62	13.9		0.14
    Hexocelot Warlock		1	61	13.88		0.14
    Hexocelot Magus			2	60	12.73		0.25
    Molten Firedrake		1	59	10.21		0.1

That's a reduction to 2.65 stamps.

Then on top of this, there's the boss kill. Qianji has 1324931 hp. A Sharpfang Oddfoot has 57771 hp and an Etherpod has 59284 hp. Not including the two Oddfoots you have to kill (well, 1 oddfoot and one Undine or Oddfoot) there's 8 more, which would be 462168 additional damage, and still enough extra damage left over to equal Qianji's hp for 14 Etherpods. If you concentrated on stamp drops rather than skipping things and going for the boss, in the same time you would gain an additional 2.99 stamps to have 5.64 stamps in the same amount of time. Then if you actually stayed in and cleared more of the wing your stamp drops would continue to improve although the time taken would also go up.

So, staying with the equal time idea, 23.92 rep vs 45.12 rep. That's a difference of 21.2 rep on average. I suppose one argument that could be made is that Qianji can sometimes drop a badge (1.89 average rep) which reduces it to a 19.31 rep difference. I don't know what dog tags sell for on your server but on mine they're about 60k (45k during events), so 19.31 rep is 231720 coin. Is your average haul from Qianji worth more than that? I doubt it is. So again I would point out, you're costing yourself quite a bit of rep by skipping as much as possible and going straight to the boss. Fire wing is even worse since all those birds you skip have pretty high drop rates, and are 63 so you get the .9 vs .8 drop rate on them.
    i do believe 1 man armies are actually faster rep than fb's in general (especially unwined ones).

I kill about one thing every 30 seconds, factor in say 5 minutes of travel time between each army (2.5 min each way), and assume you have a full squad of 6. Lets say average kill times drop to one every 10 seconds. That's 40 kills in 400 seconds or 6 minutes 40 seconds. So with travel time that's 2 rep every 11 minutes 40 seconds. In an hour you get 5.14 armies for 10.28 rep per hour. If you can get an army that's closer to the quest giver this time will greatly improve.

While it's not a bad plan, I think you're looking at it wrong. Set up a regular group and do your level grinding that way. 67 is something like 897k I think (not sure where the chart is, and I only vaguely remember what it said is needed). A full squad would get what, around 125 exp per kill? Say you need to grind out 600k, that's 4800 kills, so 240 rep for leveling with some friends. FB's are comparable if you can get enough of them lined up, but that's not a guarantee, and the downtime traveling to FB's, lining people up, and so on will kill the rate you get compared to grinding.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

While the post right above mine does show that you can get rep a little faster if you focus on rep and not on bosses, you are still correct that getting rep takes a ridiculous amount of time. That is okay by my standards because to me rep is the end game. I do not care about items and thus do not waste any time on TT or any other dungeons and PvP is even worse. Thus all there really is to do is gain levels, learn all the skills (including the crafts), and get 200k rep. Getting to level 100 and getting all the skills (except for some of the demon/sage skills) is easy enough since all it takes is time. You can crazy stone and world quest your way to level 100 and max skills. Reputation is where the real effort comes in. Now I have to agree with the poster two posts above me that having to make a veno alt just to get that rep is a really bad way to have to go about it, but that does appear to be the best solution at the moment. It would be nice if other classes had an equally fast way to farm rep, but as it is, it takes less time to bring a veno alt to 60 and get 200k rep worth of darkness stamps with that veno then it does to try to get 200k rep with the character you already have.
  • Ringlox - Sanctuary
    Ringlox - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have two oppinions on this situation. First is that although rank armor is very nice, it's an uber amount of work and it's essentially bound you can't trade it. That's puts points in favor of TT or any other elite instance armor, because it's an equal amount of work but you can eventually trade it off, so it's equally beneficial. Second is that everybody needs exp, the point of the game is kinda to lvl and improve yourself as you go. There for you can't go wrong either way, whether it be FB's or one mans or what ever other way you may grind for rep. One thing you can do though is get a Justice quest that lines up with a one man, when it's all said and done for an average of killing 10-20 more mobs you can do two one mans and your JQ. That gives you the exp and 5 rep, and the drops make up for the coin that you have to put in for the JQ tab. So there's my oppions, if it really matters b:laugh
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Currently I am rank 2 and have 1453 reputation.

i have more rep then u... how is that posible?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.