Genie Conclusions Poll

Niraneth - Heavens Tear
Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I wanted to start this thread to see how far we have come with genies so far since patch. Try to avoid flaming, lets keep this as a good way for GM's and Mods to look at player progress with genies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Niraneth - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    They're nice for debuffing/buffing/supporting, bad for attacking.
  • Akah - Harshlands
    Akah - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I dont get enough use out of mine just yet so I guess your second option is what I'll go with.

/Akah
  • Zayu - Harshlands
    Zayu - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Agreed, and the Affliction Genie has better states for attacking which is the least helpful but the best looking.
  • Kinoku - Sanctuary
    Kinoku - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Agreed buffs and debuffs from genies are awesome. Now as an added damage dealer it sucks. But from what the genies are pitched as I see why they suck at damaging. So I love my genie, especially when fighting bosses.
  • Sumerisle - Dreamweaver
    Sumerisle - Dreamweaver Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I haven't leveled my genie high enough yet. Right now, I'm only using it to pull individual mobs out of a group.
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    It's so nice to hear all these positives b:thanks Any negatives people have found? Keep it educational for us and not flaming...we are doing good so far ...b:chuckle

Yes i agree the luring aspect is BEAUTIFUL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zayu - Harshlands
    Zayu - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I like the Genie's.
    But what I don't like is that I don't know what skills I should or should not learn, so I have a high lvl Genie with no skills for now until I learn more.
    edited May 2009
    I like the Genie's.
    But what I don't like is that I don't know what skills I should or should not learn, so I have a high lvl Genie with no skills for now until I learn more.

No harm in that Zayu i agree with you completely. First hand research is the best kind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I dont get enough use out of mine just yet so I guess your second option is what I'll go with.

Same here. For now I never use the thing since I do not want to pay for stamina regeneration. If they add a passive skill that regenerates stamina (perhaps at a rate of one stamina per minute) I will like the thing, but until then I am neutral since it does not do anything for me.
    edited May 2009
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    Same here. For now I never use the thing since I do not want to pay for stamina regeneration. If they add a passive skill that regenerates stamina (perhaps at a rate of one stamina per minute) I will like the thing, but until then I am neutral since it does not do anything for me.

Remember to keep those armor drops for your chi stones b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009

not always

i dueld a lvl 80 barb, a very good barb at that, my geenie was lvl 52 at the time with thunderstorm only at lvl 4. the barb was buffed and thunderstorm did almost 25% dmg on the barb. Once again i must say the barb is a VERY good barb.

not all geenie attack skills are bad with up to 4k base dmg at lvl4 thunderstorm, i cant complain. it gets to lvl 10

of course thats only one attack skill ( does very well though and it would be hard to say not ), and i cant speek for the others, the other 3 skills i have on my geenie are buffs and debuffs, though one does dmg as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • SpriteOfLife - Sanctuary
    SpriteOfLife - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    how the heck do you lurer wit da dang thing all i think it is good for is to look at i would like it better if it was like the veno pet about the lvling part i h8 it all i like about it is they look hot and a good presentb:victory
    archer in the making
    pure dex build
    gonna go sage when i get there
  • Murugan - Lost City
    Murugan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Did a 19k crit with my genie on a boss ^_^
  • Snakedoctor - Harshlands
    Snakedoctor - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tree of protection has saved my butt about 50 times. It is pure win.

Extreme poison with sparks makes increased life mobs for me like normal mobs, also a win.

All in all love my genie so far but haven't done too much pvp stuff with it yet
  • HuntresPrime - Lost City
    HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i have found one GOOD use only for genie. that thats frogling hunting.
    i just hit it with my (fire blast? lv 3) skill and it give me agro while i puch it to low health and tame it.. other then that. when i was lower. i only used heal to stop bleed.. but even then it was usless do the the time it took to use the skill again
  • Kinoku - Sanctuary
    Kinoku - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I like the Genie's.

Yes with all the skills available that is rather difficult. Just look at them all and make a list of the ones that you feel would benefit you in the way you play. Everyone has a different play style and depending on where you feel you're lacking, genie's may be there to fill that space.

I use Tree of Protection, Extreme Poison, Tangling Mire, and Hollow Fist on my genie I use most commonly, and so far that's worked for me.