Catshop or AFK Issues

Comments

• Teru - Lost City
    Teru - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    michie0920 wrote: »
    i never even got a chance to play....after the character select screen, i selected my character and while loading into perfect world, it crashed to desktop...it happened like 5 times

This same thing happened to me. After I restarted my computer it seemed to work alright.... for a few hours. Then it just happened again. Crashed, then logged back on and it crashed as soon as I'd appear in Arch.

This only has happened to me in West Arch so far. It also happens when my graphics sliders are all the way down.

But I've always had random crashes. Never like this, though.

Forgot to say that my option to hide players not in very close proximity isn't working after that last patch. ^^
    :D
  • UniSoul - Dreamweaver
    UniSoul - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i just moved houses and where i was staying before didn't have an air conditioner and the game kept crashing on me... I noticed my computer was running hot... now that ive moved my computer is running alot cooler and ive had no issues with the game crashing... could it be a system stress issue?
  • Dapheni - Sanctuary
    Dapheni - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've been crashing a lot after the patch as well for my CS. Never crashed before, tho the lappy is ancient. Nowadays i can't even stay ingame for more than 10mins in W.Arch w/o crashing, much less set up a cat shop. Gms, seriously, it's after the last patch that everyone is getting problems. Pls try to look into it. Ty
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    We tried to repro the issue on the workstations here at work. Most of them, we couldn't, some of them, we could.

Tweak your setting to the lowest settings, and turn the graphic effects OFF in-game.

Don't setup Catshops where 300 other people are.

It could be a older PC issue too, as there are a ton of visual effects going when in player concentrated areas with mounts, Genies, Fairies, etc.

While the developers are working on things, maybe next server maint. the issue will be resolved.

Thank you all for your patience.

Make sure your system isn't overheating, and that it meets the recommended system requirements (we all know minimum requirements are iffy, less compatibility issues the better your system is) located at the bottom of the page here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

We're working on things, just give us some time b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    We tried to repro the issue on the workstations here at work. Most of them, we couldn't, some of them, we could.

Tweak your setting to the lowest settings, and turn the graphic effects OFF in-game.

It could be a older PC issue too, as there are a ton of visual effects going when in player concentrated areas with mounts, Genies, Fairies, etc.

While the developers are working on things, maybe next server maint. the issue will be resolved.

Make sure your system isn't overheating, and that it meets the recommended system requirements (we all know minimum requirements are iffy, less compatibility issues the better your system is) located at the bottom of the page here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

Oh you have my patience no doubt about that. Hoping it gets fixed in a relative speedy time also lol.

Yea its definitely not my end and yea my specs are above the recommended requirements.

http://files.filefront.com/DxDiagXPPCtxt/;13779160;/fileinfo.html
    http://files.filefront.com/DxDiagVistaPCtxt/;13779159;/fileinfo.html
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dzarkhan - Dreamweaver
    Dzarkhan - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just wanted to chime in that I've been having this problem too, and my computer specs far exceed the recommended requirements. I have the problem even on lowest performance, and since the Genie patch, I've been having ridiculous lag and performance issues, even when I'm not in Arch.

Vista
    Intel Q6800 Quad Core X-Treme @ 3.6ghz
    SLI'd Geforce 8800GTXs
    4GB of RAM
  • Reinef - Heavens Tear
    Reinef - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm just glad to see other people have had the same "report bug here" thing pop up. I was worried it was a random virus, but since others have been experiencing this since the patch I am relieved. I was logging less to try to avoid possible hackage T_T but anyway, I notice this mostly happens when I leave the game or my PC running for more than a day. After restarting, it usually runs fine for at least 24-48 hours so I dunno if that helps anyone >.> b:victory
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    *dashes in* WAIT! I think I have a solution! I dunno if this has been said yet...but there seems to be a new feature with the client! If you press the "close" button (Little X thing at the top right of every window) on the Client, it minimizes to the System Tray (displaying a little logo of the PWI chinese-thing). Ever since I noticed this, I've set up a shop, then minimized it.

The next morning, I restore it back to normal by double-clicking on the icon, and everything is running smoothly! No lag, no crash, no overheating! Try it out when you can, tell me if it works! Maybe we're on to something here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • xdracx
    xdracx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    *dashes in* WAIT! I think I have a solution! I dunno if this has been said yet...but there seems to be a new feature with the client! If you press the "close" button (Little X thing at the top right of every window) on the Client, it minimizes to the System Tray (displaying a little logo of the PWI chinese-thing). Ever since I noticed this, I've set up a shop, then minimized it.

The next morning, I restore it back to normal by double-clicking on the icon, and everything is running smoothly! No lag, no crash, no overheating! Try it out when you can, tell me if it works! Maybe we're on to something here!

I have noticed the same thing, though not necessarily a new feature. If you minimize by pressing the windows icon (between ctrl and alt) when using your cat shop, the game does not memory leak. It also resets the RAM allocation to "elementclient.exe" so if you're lagging by playing for a while, minimize and load the screen back up and it should help. This error has only started occurring since the genie patch and I'm running a NVIDIA GeForece 6150 LE. I just updated all of my drivers on my NVIDIA card, hopefully that has some effect.

To reiterate, minimizing perfect world while you are in the cat shop should eliminate or delay the "stop light" error.
    edited May 2009

Just want to let you know it is fixed now on my end. Meaning what ever change in the patch happened was the cause. TY.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    still having problems b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
    edited May 2009
    I take it back it just crashed. After being on since maint, so it just takes longer for the memory leak now. b:sad
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lgran - Heavens Tear
    Lgran - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    problem still there.... just so u know b:cry
  • Zirconium - Heavens Tear
    Zirconium - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The trick of using the close window button (x in top right of window bar) to put the game icon in the task bar certainly helps slow the problem down.

I have had my shop running all night and the increase in memory usage only occurs when I open up the game window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Sigs >> myweb.tiscali.co.uk/squeek/pages/sigs/sigs.htm
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This problem is still not solved.
  • Serengetti - Sanctuary
    Serengetti - Sanctuary Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    same as everyone,i set up cat shop and not sure after how much time but its frozen after i come back,i dont remember it happpeninig before latest patch
  • Niley - Heavens Tear
    Niley - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    When I went to buy something from the catshop, is appeared written "Mirror".

2009052321512382.png

Is normal?

Thanks for help ^^
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm seing some huge memory overtime, no mather what you do. If you idle overtime or just play normally.

My own conclusion was that on my computer :

For 2-3 hour of playing - 300Mo RAM leaked.
    For 6-7 hour of playing - 700Mo RAM leaked.

The game and WinXP takes about 700Mo of RAM. If you had the memory leak factor :

If you have 1Go of RAM - 2-3 hours and you have massive lag/possibly crash.
    If you have 2Go or RAM - 10-13 hours and you have massive lag/possibly crash.
    If you have 3Go or RAM - 18-23 hours and you have massive lag/possibly crash.

And this only with PWI running, that doesn't count other program that can be running at same time and therefore taking more RAM.

As soon as you reach your RAM limit, you get intense spike lag and this possibly what cause the crashing too.

This is my semi-expert view on the problem.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Lgran - Heavens Tear
    Lgran - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    this is starting to be really silly.... i set up my cat shop outside of archo just to get away from the crowded area inside.... and the client still crashed after about 5 mins.... GMs ?? we didn't hear anything from u guys for a while.... u guys found out what the problem is exactly ?? we could use an update about the whole thing plz.
  • Affy - Sanctuary
    Affy - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have been having the crash to desk top issue, since the last update also. I have never had this happen before while playing pwi.b:cry I was not in cat shop mode was in west arch shopping!
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have been having the crash to desk top issue, since the last update also. I have never had this happen before while playing pwi.b:cry I was not in cat shop mode was in west arch shopping!

Same. I have never disconnected or crashed before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Dzarkhan - Dreamweaver
    Dzarkhan - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This is ridiculous. I can't make any money anymore, because I can't set up my cat shop. Even with all settings turned all the way down, set up in Plume, or in Lost City... away from Arch and all the people, it still crashes by the time I wake up, and I have a computer that FAR exceeds the recommended requirements. This is stupid.
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Memory leak is one the hardest thing to fix in a program. I wouldn't expect a complete fix up till at least 2 weeks, unless the problem is at only one place.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Silvate - Lost City
    Silvate - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i used to make game addons for unreal2004 with unrealscript

im in the habbit of checking log files when something crashes or lags really hard just to see if its not my hardware malfunctioning

this problem looks like a lot of loose ends are calling source files

the loose ends are most likely a redundant refrence which points to the source file not the compiled file.

this causes problems since patch doesn't include the source file its looking for
    Definitions
    source files = Files that can be edited and read by developer's tools

compiled files =(files that were renamed or merged into a package and altered to prevent tampering can only be read by intended program)

heres your error log but you probly seen this before tho...
    Angelica File Module Error Log
    Created(or opened) on 24/05/2009 15:59:18

[15:59:23.390] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Gfx\gfxlist.txt] in package !
    [15:59:23.390] AFileImage::Can not open file [C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Gfx\gfxlist.txt] from disk!
    [15:59:27.109] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Shaders\ps\t2_tex_merger.txt] in package !
    [15:59:27.109] AFileImage::Can not open file [C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Shaders\ps\t2_tex_merger.txt] from disk!
    [15:59:27.125] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [Shaders\ps\t2_tm_lm.txt] in package !
    [15:59:27.125] AFileImage::Can not open file [C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Shaders\ps\t2_tm_lm.txt] from disk!
    [15:59:27.375] AFilePackage::OpenSharedFile, Failed to find file [loddata\Login\olm\1.olm] in package !
    [15:59:27.375] AFileImage::Can not open file [loddata\Login\olm\1.olm] from disk!
    [18:48:44.250] AFileImage::Can not open file [C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\Surfaces\kr.dds] from disk!
    i trimmed the log cause its too big to show even
    Error log keeps going for like 700 or more lines of simlar errors thats probly causeing a few memory leaks
  • World_peace - Heavens Tear
    World_peace - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Same problems here, i got a bug report screen when i left my pc over night in Arch when openning cat shop.

i also know tones of ppl having this problems.

b:cry cant sell items anymore.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I said this before in this thread, but just a reminder. If you're going to catshop overnight, just "close" your PWI Client, which will minimize it to the system tray. No problems should occur then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • darthpanda16
    edited May 2009
    The PWE engineers are working on improving the performance of the game in regards to West Archosaur and the 300 catshops. When that fix will kick in, we do not know yet. (Rumor is soon).

Minimizing the game does help.

Not setting up your catshop where hundreds of other people does help.

Surprisingly, many users who have submitted tickets to us regarding this issue, their systems didn't meets the minimum system requirements, yet they played ok before. So at least some users know their hardware needs updating (like RAM, CPU, GPU or their whole system).
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Sir_Joshua - Lost City
    Sir_Joshua - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nice work to those who are looking into it.

Minimizing does indeed help. Also, be sure that your antivirus software doesn't interfere with the running of the game. I have all my antivirus scans scheduled very early in the morning (when I'm asleep) and I wake up and PWI has stopped running. I will make the scans at a different time and see if that's what's interfering with the operation. This particular incident could just be my problem; in which case I shall look into it.
  • darthpanda16
    edited May 2009
    Also check any power saving features and make sure they are turned off, like hard drive turning off after a set time, networking, etc.
  • slutmonkey
    slutmonkey Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I run PWI on three seperate computers depending where I am. NEVER have I had a crash before not even once. Till the patch two weeks ago when this thread came out.

Two of my computers are top of the line and one is a laptop. The compuer that crashes the least is the laptop. I cant leave my two pc's in catshop more for more than 1 hour. The laptop will still be running in the morning rarely.

Why does my catshop have Red circles in it? Ever since that this is when the problem occured.

This has nothing to do with a users system or setup. It is a bug in that specific patch. It is ruining the game for me.
This discussion has been closed.