Are these better at PvP or PvE?

killer128
killer128 Posts: 49 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Wizard
I have a goal: to have all 6 classes used for each category: PvP, PvE, and TW. I have TW down, and I am planning on using a Barb and a Cleric for that category.

I am unsure about this class, Venos, BMs, and Archers. I am trying to decide in each place which one is best in the categories. More specifically, out of the 4 classes I mentioned, would a Wizard work best in PvP or PvE?

Also, another question: Can TW happen in PvE or must they be PvP environments? Thanks.
Post edited by killer128 on

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if the land hasnt been taken over by a faction TW is pve, if it has been taken over by another faction its pvp

wizard is the best in TW because, they **** everything in their paths
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if the land hasnt been taken over by a faction TW is pve, if it has been taken over by another faction its pvp

wizard is the best in TW because, they **** everything in their paths

yup i agree... wizards are nesessary to **** the **** outta the barbs pulling catapaults and such so you should probably build ur wiz for tw
  • killer128
    edited May 2009
    The entire world is taken over by Nef and Lightning, unless territories aren't part of every server.

I made my decision for TW, since Clerics are the main healers while Barbs are the most important parts of TW. Therefore, I'm only looking for PvE and PvP.

Basically, I'm looking for the most useful classes for PvP, and the most useful classes for PvE (like moneymaking, item collecting, and pretty fast leveling.)

EDIT: Didn't read Phsyco's post. So for future reference, Wizards' best place would be in TW? Okay, so do Barbs or Clerics deserve to be in TW alongside my Wiz?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    barbs and clerics are nothing without the wizard taking out catapults. without a wizard, whoever got to the other crystal first would win....
    all classes have a role in TW, pvp, and pve so you should really find one class for yourself
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    barbs and clerics are nothing without the wizard taking out catapults. without a wizard, whoever got to the other crystal first would win....
    all classes have a role in TW, pvp, and pve so you should really find one class for yourself

yeah every class is necessary but if you want one per section then i can say that veno should be your money maker hands down
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited May 2009
    pve is a joke after 29. never get touched again except by some range mob and element mobs in your favour(earth, water, fire). and those don't hurt much because of the awesome bonuses we get from them.

tw is where mage shines. lots of targets, and we hit the hardest. no emphasise on how fun that is. especially the highly desipsed mountain press. do people simply look over the 95% chance to stun? that skill doesn't miss, and the stun last a long time and deals a lot of damage.

crit a few and watch the bodies hit the floor. everybody else will go down as the others begin their rampage on the huge pile of stunned victems.

however, mage doesn't shine until they really do have gears. pve is a kids playground compared to what you need to survive a 101 dark ea with +11 hh100 bow. hp means a lot, but defense means a lot more. +pdef jewelery g11 and higher and that silly ea will be hitting double digits b:chuckle

put pdef in your slots and + your armour for hp. i use hp on my cloak and hat, but that's it
  • killer128
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, if I had all the time in the wordl I'd make 18 chars just so each class can do each thing...

But I want to keep myself busy for a while, and apparently Venomancers are moneymakers. So, I might have a Barb and a Wizard specialize in TW, a Veno for PvE, and an Archer for PvP.

I don't know whether a BM or Cleric should go in either one. Any other opinions before I finalize this part of my plan?
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    killer128 wrote: »
    Any other opinions before I finalize this part of my plan?

Just a bit of advice: you will drive yourself insane with so many characters, and after just one of them gets to 60 or 70+, it's even worse. Unless you plan on playing 12 hours a day, you better have a lot of patience :)

I have 6 characters. 4 of them are active, and I rotate them every level...the other two I use for when I'm stressed out with my 4 main alts. And, at the moment, I'm starting to consider dropping one of my active alts due to time constraints (as much as I don;t want too T-T).

Just a bit of friendly advice ^^
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • killer128
    edited May 2009
    My start was to have only 3 characters, and plan on leveling those up through quests until I need to grind to get more quests. So basically, my entire plan will not be executed at once. More like in stages. First stage will get me into the basics of PW, and then once I learn those, I use the other 3 classes later when I get extremely bored with the first 3 classes.

So I truly won't be using 6 characters all the time, basically 3 at a time, and probably one each day I play.