Video card specs?

Options
quainthazard
quainthazard Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Support Desk
Hi, I'm new to this game, and so far, I have to admit, it's pretty freaking awesome! However, the only thing that makes me cringe is the fact I go slow if I even dare to play it on high quality settings. So, I plan to purchase myself a new video card.

However, before planning on purchasing one, what are the minimum requirements on a video card if you plan to run Perfect World with every setting checked and on Maximum. This would really help me because I don't want to go over my budget by too much. Help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Post edited by quainthazard on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I would recommend a Nvidia card which came out in the last 3 years and is a dedictated card. Nvidia has by experience a better longterm support of their cards. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quainthazard
    quainthazard Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Well, I did intend to get a Nvidia, since my computer already runs one(and I don't want to take chances of it not working with a different brand), but I believe it was already made in the last 3 years (it just can't run anything quick enough when I get into higher resolutions). However, I was more-so curious to how many MB it should be able to support. Is 512 MB good enough to run everything on max, or will I have to kick things up a notch?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If you overall system and graphics card can handle it, go for max settings.

If not, try to get a graphics card made in the last 18 months or so.

The game will look awesome on a 3 year old PC, but I actually run the game on low settings on a newer PC because I multitask A LOT.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • RazerXD - Lost City
    RazerXD - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    if ur tight on money a 9500GT 1GB card can run the game on max settings.

if u intend to spend alil bit more money get a GTS250
This discussion has been closed.