So, is this the best for TW?

killer128
killer128 Posts: 49 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cleric
Since this class works amazingly in groups, I'm assuming this class is the best when it comes to TW?

My plan is to have a PvE character, a PvP character, and a TW character. Hopefully this helps.
Post edited by killer128 on

Comments

• killer128
    edited May 2009
    Bump, I just want a yes or no answer...
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Best in what sense? Healing? Cata pulling? Sniping?
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Don't bump and you could look here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18 or read all guides be patient.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    killer128 wrote: »
    Since this class works amazingly in groups, I'm assuming this class is the best when it comes to TW?

My plan is to have a PvE character, a PvP character, and a TW character. Hopefully this helps.

Your plan totally blows, how about have 1 character only?

I mean... your level will be higher... that's all.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Huli_Man - Heavens Tear
    Huli_Man - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Clerics are a necessary part of any TW, especially in catapult squads to heal barbs. So, they really can't be compared with other classes since their role is specialized. A guild trying a TW without clerics would be at a serious disadvantage.

But no, I would definitely not say they are the best. In terms of sheer PvP kill count, nothing beats a veno with a Phoenix or a well geared archer. Barbs pull catapults, so they are the most "important" part of a TW, if you want to break it down individually like that.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from rolling a cleric, its a unique TW experience where your skills are best utilized in a support role. If you do go for a TW cleric, VIT is king, ideally from equipment or possibly from your build. Clerics are huge targets in TW because we keep people alive, so prepared to take a huge and painful beating. High HP will keep you around a little bit longer.
  • killer128
    edited May 2009
    @Zephyrx: I was going to start out with 1 for each category, and once I knew how to play the game well, and get those characters pretty high, I'd start 3 more characters.

So, basically, I am trying to use all 6 classes for 6 categories. Apparently, according to Huli_man, Barbs are the most important part. Clerics also seem very essential for TW.

So, the 2 characters I'll try out for TW are a BARB and CLERIC. If anyone else has an opinion on what other characters would work better please speak up!
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you're in a well organised TW, cleric should just be support. Though u may need to sleep/seal/debuff depending on what your squads role is. HP and phys defence is important- Vit build > normal game build for tw. I wouldnt roll a vit build cleric just for TW though- just have a balanced build cleric and have some extra TW specific equips.
  • killer128
    edited May 2009
    So which would be better for TW, a Barb or a Cleric? I really don't like being too organized, I just buy new stuff as I level up, and follow orders. But I can deal with being either a Cleric or Barb.
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    better? not sure what u mean. Whichever you find most fun to play- stick with it. They both have key roles in TW so doesnt really matter. ^^
  • Huli_Man - Heavens Tear
    Huli_Man - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    As yasii said, in a good TW battle, every class has an important and different role, so it's tough to directly compare each class. Clerics exist to support other squad members, though healing, buffing and occasionally debuffing. Barbs pull catapults, which do the real damage in TW. BMs run around stun locking people so that they are easy prey and being real pains in the asses. Archers, Wizards, and Venos go around killing everything they can to ideally clear the way for the catapults. Venos can also debuff barbs so that they die faster.

My only experience in TW is as a cleric, so I can really only say that for me, life is generally very difficult in TW against an equal or better opponent because we are squishy and tend to die easily. People also target us when we a part of catapult squads. Don't expect to do a lot of killing as our role is for support (however, you will die a lot). Phoenix venos usually own the sky in TW thanks to the bugged bleed which means instant death for us when they decide to attack. Further, our selection of offensive spells beyond tempest leaves a lot to be desired in the PvP damage dealing department (the long cast times on our spells makes it difficult to break through those HP charms). So yeah, clerics definitely aren't the kings of TW.

The pros of being a cleric in TW is that you're an essential part of some squads. It'll be very easy for you to get into a TW, even at a lower level compared to other classes. Most TWs have 4 catapults, which means the top 4 barbs in a guild will be in charge of pulling. So, if you go with a barb, it'll probably be a while if ever before your pulling a catapult. If you like the support role that clerics have in PvE squads, you'll also like the role that they perform in TW. It can be fun to keep barbs and other squad members alive as they attack towers and the other guild's crystal.

Since what every class does and how they do it is so different, it's probably best to stick with what you like to play and go with it.
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    As Huli said, it's important to like the class you're playing. So far I've tried out 5 of the 6, and have Wizard as my main because it's the most fun for me. In relation to TW, a Wizard is helpful for killing the Barbs - we can deal high magic damage, which is a Barb's natural weakness (unless their armor and ornaments are very well balanced). We'll come short of what a phoenix can do, but we have some attacks that are better for targeting the Barb when they "hide" in the catapult to make hurting them harder XD

Make a few characters now, and play them to about level 15 or 20. Do you get tired of the class, or do you want to keep playing it? Then, go from there. A TW is a team effort, so you could really make ANY class to be good at it. The thing is, to be GOOD at it, you need to LIKE the character and know how to play the class. So liking what you're doing is the most important part. Taking the time to learn how to best stat and play the character, and then doing so, is the second most important part. Those together is what makes you a sucessful and valuable player.

Every class is good at something, and every class has a place in Territory Wars. Cleric to heal the catapullers and buff people when they respawn, Barbs to be the catapullers, Venos to debuff and kill the catapullers, Wizards to kill them as well. Blademasters to stun people so that they can be disabled from doing their jobs, and picked off more easily. Archers to sneak up and do the picking off from a distance. Catapullers, btw, are important because the catapults are the best bet for breaking the crystals and winning the war :) But everyone does their part to make sure it's a success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~