PvP versus PvE - Leveling Question

Juggernaut - Harshlands
Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
This is a question that has been bothering me for sometime. Why is it that the players on PvP servers level up so much faster then PvE? It seems like without the distraction of getting pked, you could level faster.

But as you can see from Lost City and Harshlands, they have much higher levels then the PvE servers for the most part.

So whats up? Do players on PvE just not have any motivation to level? You guys still have TW and stuff, so its not like its pointless to level up. Without the distraction of KoS and pking, why aren't you guys leveling up faster?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Juggernaut - Harshlands on

Comments

• whoisthis
    whoisthis Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    we get bored extremely easy, theres not much motivation to level up, because theres no exclusive end-game content, and pk is hard to find on pve servers
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Could be also that there may be massive KSing.

In PvE, if someone KS's you, all you can do is attack them with words. In PvP, there are consequences to KSing. That could be a factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My guess? The PvP crowd is, in general, the more gaming obsessive crowd. PvE is more likely to draw casual gamers, thus the ones that will grind for 12 hours straight tend to end up on PvP servers.
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hmm....well, in my opinion, it's because in PvP level=survival. It doesn;t work the same way in PvE. Our level has no factor on how we survive, really...just gives us more challenging mobs. In PvP, the higher your level, the less likely you are to have to worry about dying to other players, whih can be humilating, even in an online game >>

Essentially, PvP has the element of "survival of the fittest" that the majority of PvE does not.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • whoisthis
    whoisthis Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    its not that at all, i have been playing pve (unfortanetly) since CB. its not that its not competetive, or survival of the fittest, its simply after 90, and you have ur tt gear, theres not much else to do other than level.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    the PVP servers also have more botters :).
    harshlands has had numerous bot threads lately