Who else got this BS?

Saint_Kain - Heavens Tear
Saint_Kain - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
-Edited due to forumrules-

Wtf.. I've been playing ONE week... And that makes me a vet? Waah.. This is starting too remind me of Fiesta... Is the goal of all games too lull people into addiction then feed them ****? Sad days
Post edited by Saint_Kain - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lol, i got it too.

I think everyone that haven't spent money on Zen yet, have gotten that email.

Useless spam email b:angry
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    the point is trying to use a promotion to make $. its actually fairly generous, provide the offer actually works, then you get free extra gold >.>
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    its not all that BS, yah i got it too, coupons are nice , yah its a way for people to purchase gold/more gold but its not a cheap tactic (rare mounts/raffles)
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Wtf.. I've been playing ONE week... And that makes me a vet? Waah.. This is starting too remind me of Fiesta... Is the goal of all games too lull people into addiction then feed them ****? Sad days

mmk. I am not attempting to sound rude right here, just as an fyi.

1. It was not sent to any one individual, it was sent to a certain batch of pwi players, because of this it is not writen to fit every individual.

2. It is a nice plus for anyone who may choose to buy zhen.

3. PWE requires income to support game progression, servers, and most importanly themselfs. It can cost up to thousands for good gaming software, and thats not even scratching the surface of what it takes and NO ONE should be upset that they try and get people to give them income, thats only counter productive.

4. It is not come scam to get people to give them money and get nothing out of it but a sad face, you are getting something in return, and 20% extra zhen is 20% less you would need to spend to get that extra 20%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I got none of that b:sad
  • Grievence - Sanctuary
    Grievence - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I got one too, but it did make me think about how i could support this game a bit more as i have never used any real money in game (havent got the means to, hint hint, release some prepaid cards in europe), so i decided to buy some gold in the auction house at least that way the people that do spend money and sell gold get benefit and hopefully will buy some more gold, thus support the game a bit more.

On a side note i was surprised at how easy it is to buy the gold from the auction house, it always seemed a bit daunting and confusing to look at but it really is a simple process. Now what to get with the gold, i think my inventry needs an expansion.
  • Trismegistos - Heavens Tear
    Trismegistos - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, I also got this msg and I'm only playing like 2 weeks. The irritating thing is that when 2 weeks ago I clicked a PWI banner on some page it was written - FREE TO PLAY!!!, and now I get e-mail which says: "how this could come that you didn't pay for your entertainment yet? Here you have some bonus but don't hesitate to give us your money".

best wishes
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:laugh PWI at it again.
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    The irritating thing is that when 2 weeks ago I clicked a PWI banner on some page it was written - FREE TO PLAY!!!, and now I get e-mail which says: "how this could come that you didn't pay for your entertainment yet? Here you have some bonus but don't hesitate to give us your money".

I lol'd

No really, if you don't want GM spam just go to your account page and uncheck the 'Newsletter'-box.

Edit: BTW, how comes that i don't get newsletters with Coupon Codes? Is it because i'm already on the 'Paying Customer'-list? :(
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    -Edited due to forumrules-

Hmm.. advertisement never hurted anybody...

But this is a bit extreme b:shocked... to come close to your face and wearing a extremely nice and hot skirt. Besides, the people who usually charge Zen would actually benefit most, but this is kinda a bit underhanded and a bit well... evil b:angry! Yea, I guess it promotes me to burn my money, but it's too bad I only use 7-11 Pre-paid cards... o wellz lulz
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Hakime - Sanctuary
    Hakime - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you noobs don't like the messege then shut up its not saying you HAVE to spend money on the game because you can still buy the items in player shops! So stop wasting space on the forums complaining about a messege that I am sure everyone who is new to PWI got. The game is still free so enjoy it !
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    If you noobs don't like the messege then shut up its not saying you HAVE to spend money on the game because you can still buy the items in player shops! So stop wasting space on the forums complaining about a messege that I am sure everyone who is new to PWI got. The game is still free so enjoy it !

Well, it's kinda like advertisement b:shocked...

You know, you get "You have 1 Useful Message in your mailbox, But 999 Junk Mail in your mailbox"... It kinda a choice that we can choose to use it or not. But also annoying...

And yup, everyone complains about advertisement all the time!
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

• cronoslave
    cronoslave Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I got the email as well, and I used the coupon.
    20% coupon + 20% weekend offer + 6% = 46% bonus.
    How is that BS?
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    cronoslave wrote: »
    I got the email as well, and I used the coupon.
    20% coupon + 20% weekend offer + 6% = 46% bonus.
    How is that BS?

It's not BS for people that actually use it! (Because it's kinda of a godly offer)

It's BS for people who want to use it, but can't use it... (Holy ****! You have a 46% Bonus!!!! But I was on vacation.. and I didn't get it.. nooooooo QQQQQQQQQ!!!!)

It's BS for people who dislike advertisement (Omg... more junk mail.. grrr.. I won't pay a cent to Perfect World, mwuahahahha Dam I'm way too cheap! But yea, they can't kick me from the game can they mwuahahahah! But yea, I'm gonna get spammed unless I tell Perfect World I don't want their newsletter or something)

It's also BS for random noobs (Omg.. I have teh 46% offers, Me is 1337!!!! Holy ****!! I'm too cool!! Muwhahaha, in your face!!!!

Nub Pwner: *lulz*.....I own you noob

Noob: Wt? @%#@%#@%@#%%#@%#@ + Q_Q

Nub Pwner: Owned...b:cute)

• erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I got one too, but it did make me think about how i could support this game a bit more as i have never used any real money in game (havent got the means to, hint hint, release some prepaid cards in europe), so i decided to buy some gold in the auction house at least that way the people that do spend money and sell gold get benefit and hopefully will buy some more gold, thus support the game a bit more.

On a side note i was surprised at how easy it is to buy the gold from the auction house, it always seemed a bit daunting and confusing to look at but it really is a simple process. Now what to get with the gold, i think my inventry needs an expansion.

Wow, level 71 and you never got an inventory expansion stone? I do not know how you survived. b:pleased I spent the first few million I earned buying inventory and safe expansion stones until I could use no more (unfortunately the super expansion stones were not in the game back then).

As for the OP, I think the reason he called it BS is because they called him a vet after playing for such a short period of time. I got one too, but I actually have been playing for a long time so it made more sense for me.

And for the people saying they thought this was a free game, no MMORPG is without some income source and this one is actually easier to play for free than any other free MMORPG I have come across. While I admit I never tried to play without the inventory expansion items the above poster proves you can and I have made it to 80 without any of the other items that the cash shop sells (not including things like crafting materials that can be acquired in game). The cash shop makes things easier for those that want faster progress, but nothing in it is required to play (though player pressure might make you think it is).
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I want emails giving me 20% off Zen b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I played Fiesta too :p ...for like 19 months too long b:angry

Anyways big BIG difference between OS's Fiesta (assuming you played north american version) and PWI: here you can get all the cool cash shop stuff by just playing the game & saving up, there you really do have to ho yourself out to OS.

But they're both similar in that they need revenues to keep the game running, and saying any more to this ends will just be redundant (especially if you browse OS's forums on a regular basis).

b:shutup mean much?
  • Hakime - Sanctuary
    Hakime - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I played Fiesta too :p ...for like 19 months too long b:angry

Anyways big BIG difference between OS's Fiesta (assuming you played north american version) and PWI: here you can get all the cool cash shop stuff by just playing the game & saving up, there you really do have to ho yourself out to OS.

But they're both similar in that they need revenues to keep the game running, and saying any more to this ends will just be redundant (especially if you browse OS's forums on a regular basis).

b:shutup mean much?

C'mon seriously why waste space about a email tht is offering an additional 20% Bonus zen for FREE.
    Its lame! Kannone I wasn't being mean just stating the facts!
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I got one of these too. It's purely a money-making attempt, trying to lure new customers into buying gold. A percentage of those lured in will find gold extremely useful and become hooked. And overall they'll end up with a larger customer base.

Good or bad, basically it's a marketing strategy. If they were really thinking about their players, they'd have given the emails to the paying customers who'd really appreciate it, instead of the ones who haven't bothered paying a cent. b:laugh
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yea, I want the coupon, too, but I've never gotten any email containing the 20% off for the ZEN
    =(
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If they were really thinking about their players, they'd have given the emails to the paying customers who'd really appreciate it, instead of the ones who haven't bothered paying a cent. b:laugh

I agree with this. As a paying customer that bought quite a bit of Gold just before the weekend promotion and one that did not get this discount I feel doubly slapped in the face.b:angry

What happened to rewarding loyal customers? The golden rule in business is your regular customers are the ones you want to nurture.

Instead they send these offers to people that not only don't appreciate it but actually complain about it.

Now my desire to buy Gold with cash has diminished to the point where I don't plan on buying anymore for the forseable future.

PWI you need to rethink your marketing.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yea, I want the coupon, too, but I've never gotten any email containing the 20% off for the ZEN
    =(

That's because they sent them to players who have never charged Zen on that account. If you've charged Zen on your account before, then you wouldn't have gotten the coupon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    I agree with this. As a paying customer that bought quite a bit of Gold just before the weekend promotion and one that did not get this discount I feel doubly slapped in the face.b:angry

What happened to rewarding loyal customers? The golden rule in business is your regular customers are the ones you want to nurture.

Instead they send these offers to people that not only don't appreciate it but actually complain about it.

Now my desire to buy Gold with cash has diminished to the point where I don't plan on buying anymore for the forseable future.

PWI you need to rethink your marketing.

Why? You had already been buying Zen without any additional incentives, so they know that you will continue to buy Zen in the future. They know that the players they sent the coupons to haven't charged Zen yet, but they believe that marketing to them might get them to charge their Zen at least once, and maybe in the future. They do know that if they don't that, chances are, they won't charge their Zen in the future.

Further, a GM has said that they decided to send the first batch of coupons to that particular demographic, but that does not mean they will only send coupons to them in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    in another thread it was said this was the first wave of coupons im sure repeat buyers will get theirs one day, if not sheesh what harm its only 20% on one order which is capped at i believe 100 for first time
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I got it too, it was funny though xD Im not really interested in paying money for this game just bcs you need a lot. Charms cnat last not many time if you heavily grind or pk, same for dolls, and refinement is for high lvl gear, so its not really worth it to pay money if you can get it ingame, plus Im veno, and I make money pretty easily even without herc.
  • vampirenite
    edited May 2009
    Why? You had already been buying Zen without any additional incentives, so they know that you will continue to buy Zen in the future.

Just because I have bought in the past, doesn't mean I will continue to do so if I start to feel badly treated by PWI. Why are Frequent Flyer programs so popular and effective? They reward loyalty and frequency. The best customers get treated like royalty.

I choose to spend my money where it makes me feel good. Everyone wants to know they got a good deal or at least didn't get screwed. I'm not so addicted to PWI that I can't stop buying Zhen. But when start to feel that everytime I buy zhen, someone else is getting a better deal or a big discount offer may be around the corner it makes me think twice. And just go F it, I'll just make do with what I have. Or go do something else with my money.

And so what if I "MIGHT" get an offer in my email sometime in the future, I already feel bad that I lost a potential bonus of 40+ Zhen.
    edited May 2009
    Just because I have bought in the past, doesn't mean I will continue to do so if I start to feel badly treated by PWI. Why are Frequent Flyer programs so popular and effective? They reward loyalty and frequency. The best customers get treated like royalty.

I choose to spend my money where it makes me feel good. Everyone wants to know they got a good deal or at least didn't get screwed. I'm not so addicted to PWI that I can't stop buying Zhen. But when start to feel that everytime I buy zhen, someone else is getting a better deal or a big discount offer may be around the corner it makes me think twice. And just go F it, I'll just make do with what I have. Or go do something else with my money.

And so what if I "MIGHT" get an offer in my email sometime in the future, I already feel bad that I lost a potential bonus of 40+ Zhen.

Do you not realize that they hold promotions for people that buy Zen? This weekend they had one that gave an additional $10 of Zen for each $50. Last week or week before they had another promotion for buyers of Zen.

They already OFFER your bloody "frequent flyer miles".

And yet you still whine and complain when they give the first set of coupons to those who have never bought Zen in order to try and entice them to buy some Zen.

You might have figured that out if you hadn't stuck your head up your ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I lol'd

No really, if you don't want GM spam just go to your account page and uncheck the 'Newsletter'-box.

Edit: BTW, how comes that i don't get newsletters with Coupon Codes? Is it because i'm already on the 'Paying Customer'-list? :(

I believe this coupon was only sent to players who haven't/had not purchased Gold on that account before. I got one too because we always use my boyfriend's account to purchase Gold through.

It's not BS, it's very kind of them and no one is forcing you to use it. If it disgusts you that much, there is a way to delete emails.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • vampirenite
    edited May 2009
    Do you not realize that they hold promotions for people that buy Zen? This weekend they had one that gave an additional $10 of Zen for each $50. Last week or week before they had another promotion for buyers of Zen.

They already OFFER your bloody "frequent flyer miles".

And yet you still whine and complain when they give the first set of coupons to those who have never bought Zen in order to try and entice them to buy some Zen.

You might have figured that out if you hadn't stuck your head up your ****.

You sir are one unpleasant person. There is no need to attack me personally when I am simply stating an opinion. Judging from your comments you are not a paying customer so you should be glad that people like me are around to support your game.

Yes I am aware of the $10 weekend bonus. That isn't equivalent to frequent flyer points since it is a discount to everyone who buys zen, whether first time or 100th time. Furthermore, the 20% discount given to the people that never bought stacks on top of the weekend bonus. Frequent flyer points would be like giving everyone that has already bought more than $200 a 20% discount off their next purchase.

If you read my post properly thats why I said I felt doubly slapped in the face. I had just charged over $100 then a day later saw the weekend promotion then to add insult to injury find out about an additional 20% discount coupon to people that don't want the coupon. That essentially meant that I missed getting a bonus of over $40. Does that make me sore? You bet it does. Does it make me feel like paying a bunch more money to PWI in the future, NO.

I am not whining I just want PWI to know how their promotions make me feel.
    edited May 2009
    You sir are one unpleasant person. There is no need to attack me personally when I am simply stating an opinion. Judging from your comments you are not a paying customer so you should be glad that people like me are around to support your game.

Yes I am aware of the $10 weekend bonus. That isn't equivalent to frequent flyer points since it is a discount to everyone who buys zen, whether first time or 100th time. Furthermore, the 20% discount given to the people that never bought stacks on top of the weekend bonus. Frequent flyer points would be like giving everyone that has already bought more than $200 a 20% discount off their next purchase.

If you read my post properly thats why I said I felt doubly slapped in the face. I had just charged over $100 then a day later saw the weekend promotion then to add insult to injury find out about an additional 20% discount coupon to people that don't want the coupon. That essentially meant that I missed getting a bonus of over $40. Does that make me sore? You bet it does. Does it make me feel like paying a bunch more money to PWI in the future, NO.

I am not whining I just want PWI to know how their promotions make me feel.

There is no "insult to injury" because PWI did not insult you nor did they injure you in anyway shape or form. When I say you are whining and complaining I mean you are whining and complaining about spilt milk. Yes, spilt milk because you made the choice to charge Zen for as much as you did.

I'd rather be "an unpleasant person" than act like a spoiled little child who throws a temper tantrum when they don't get everything they want when they want it like you are doing right now.

Another way to look at it is you are suffering from "buyers remorse". It's like buying a 12 pack of something from the store, and then seeing that same item either go on sale the next day, or find it cheaper at another store and being unhappy, and instead of taking it in stride complaining that you didn't get the best deal possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]