Advice?

Hodon - Sanctuary
Hodon - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
Okay so im following the 7 Strength/2 Vit/1 Dex every 2 levels build, and im wondering if that it is a good DPS build (im going off friends basis haha)
Additionally, im getting dex to 50, im going to be 7 strength/3 Vit.
Is this a good follow?
(current stats, off memory xD)
85 Strength (with +5 from FB19 Weapon)
34/35 Vit
25 Dex
5 Mag
Post edited by Hodon - Sanctuary on

Comments

• lilchopper
    lilchopper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I honestly don't think you need to go for 7 str, 6 is enough to use heavy armor and axes (which i'm assuming you're using). The build i'm currently using is every 2 levels 6str/2 dex/2 vit, which is decently balanced enough so i can hit often enough and have plenty of hp to survive. Its all up to your preferences though, although i think capping dex at 50 is a little harsh, try maybe 70-80 dex and the rest you can get from shards/accuracy rings.
  • Azlin - Sanctuary
    Azlin - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lolwut? u alrdy have 85 str? for me i go 5 str/2vit/3dex every 3 lvls
  • SafeZoneHero - Harshlands
    SafeZoneHero - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Okay so im following the 7 Strength/2 Vit/1 Dex every 2 levels build, and im wondering if that it is a good DPS build (im going off friends basis haha)
    Additionally, im getting dex to 50, im going to be 7 strength/3 Vit.
    Is this a good follow?
    (current stats, off memory xD)
    85 Strength (with +5 from FB19 Weapon)
    34/35 Vit
    25 Dex
    5 Mag

if u want DPS, dont put into vit, but dext... and 7 str is more than needed, go with 6 str, 4 dext.
  • Hodon - Sanctuary
    Hodon - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lolwut? u alrdy have 85 str? for me i go 5 str/2vit/3dex every 3 lvls

Thats with the +5 strength from Trial Scythe. I have 80 Strength or so no gear b:victory
  • Axemanek - Heavens Tear
    Axemanek - Heavens Tear Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well tbh i think that your build should depend on your playing style...
    I am a level 49 axe build bm with 67 vit...yes 67, and i built my character this way becuase i prefer not to be tooo squishy
    I Want To Eat Estasi & Send Her Into Extasy!! b:victory

May The Force Not Be With You!
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A lot of BM's cap Vitality at 50 for awhile and go with more dex. Then add more vitality later. Or some even restat to lower Vit. Anyways the extra Strength isn't really worth it. By sacrificing dex you are going to have a lower hit% chance; you have to hit in order to get the benefit of the extra damage. So at the very least throw that extra point of strength you have back into dex.

And if you cap dex it should always be in multiples of 20. So you can grab your extra crit%.

Have fun.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KhaosShadow - Sanctuary
    KhaosShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Statistically putting extra points into str will increase your damage more then putting it into dex will (completely ignoring the hit% and in pve you don't need high dex to hit often anyway). So for DPS over a lot period of time str is best. (and over a long period cause a few good crits can seem to make grinding go a lot faster) Also DPS changes quite a bit between weapons and what you're facing. Highest DPS against bosses is by far fists, which you cannot use with that build =P
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'd say not to cap vit at all, but when you get 8x+ restat if that's what you want. Go vit build, and when you find yourself missing more than you'd like add some points to dex. I put all my required points into str and the remaineder into vit while I paced raising my dex when it felt right.

I pulled a fail when I decided to restat at 70... I should have waited, but I was impatient and just wanted to do it. It would have been alright if I were pole, but I'm axe, so my vit took a hit for a not-so-meaningful increase in dex. For PvP the difference is notable, for grinding and TW I think the vit is more essential.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.