My Neinbeast Rant...Read, Support

RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
RawrzWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 371 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
1 weekend only? Starting tomorrow?

COME ON!

I just blew 30 gold yesterday, after waiting nearly 3 WHOLE WEEKS to get it!

First, I have to put the money i have onto my paypal from my bank account.
That takes 5-7 days..
Then i have to pay you guys to give me the zen i want..NOW.. i waited for nearly a week and a half waiting to get my damn zen.

And now...The NEXT FRIGGIN DAY! I wake up to the fact that your selling a NEW MOUNT in the cash shop...JUST LIKE the other ones like Hellhound, Boa...You get it.

Im seriously pissed off....Seriously pissed off

Dont you get it? You could make SO MUCH MORE PROFIT! If you kept the beast in the item store.
**** the Rarity! WE want Availability!!!

Think of the people like ME Who DONT HAVE GOLD! Who Want the mount!
And who are Willing to pay through the ****, to give YOU the cash so we can get a mount.

I dont feel too much at a loss though.
I for one want the Two headed Wyrm mount more than anything.
Yes, i know i spelt Wyrm like W-y-r-m. Thats how its spelt.. Not Wurm.
Trust me, i know.

But if you do the same thing to the Wyrm.. a 2 day only sale, or a 1 week only sale.
I will be Beyond pissed off if i cant get it because of your stupid motives and ideas for Rarity on the server and limited time offers..

Bottom line...
Think of EVERYONE who plays and wants the mount..
Think of EVERYONE who will pay for it
Think of all the CASH you will make from a F2p game!
KEEP THEM ON THE ITEM MALL!.. It Just Makes Sense!

Btw....you never said in the announcement how much it would cost.. <_<
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by RawrzWolf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My only experience with PayPal was my first, and that was cleared up in a few days.

After that, I just used Google Checkout, and it's pretty much always instant. Transferring money from my bank is also instant. So...

As for rarity, they probably would make more money if they kept it in, but who knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's $50.

If you have access to Target or 7-11 or any places that sell those Ultimate gamecards, you can buy those and have your gold later the same day. If you don't have access to those, sorry to hear it.

They didn't time it this way just to spite you, ya know ^x^; And don't worry. The really rich people are bound to buy more of these than they need just to sell later on. I believe that happened with the Hellhound, yes? And then the prices actually dropped because of market glut. I think that's a good thing for you since you don't have the gold right this second. Because someone else will, and you can get the mount through them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Well, im in australia so i cant get the prepaid cards since we dont have 7-11 stores here.
    Its very annoying -.-
    and i dont have millions upon millions of coins ingame.. i dont understand how people can. Just wtf D: i struggle to keep my budget over 200k
    But i always need to repair my stuff and buy potions =(
    And sometimes i buy things ._.

Anyway.. 50 bucks?
    Ive started a transfer from the bank to my paypal, $50

Ill wait untill the Dragon mount comes out. They better put that on the item store.. i swear to god they better >.<""

And as for google checkout.. Hmm, i might try that sometime :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, the part where prepaid cards are US only is going to be hard on a lot of people for a while. Personally, I don't like the part where the buying window is so small - I missed it last time because I get paid twice a month and didn't have any $ that week XD

I think there are also Ultimate Gaming cards (something like that) that also work for PWE. You might have those around you? They aren't part of the prepaid card promotion but it's a quick way to get the cash into the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    I think there are also Ultimate Gaming cards (something like that) that also work for PWE. You might have those around you? They aren't part of the prepaid card promotion but it's a quick way to get the cash into the game.

Ultimate gamer cards? ._. i cant say ive seen them around.
    Next time im at EB games or some other game store like that, ill check. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yeah same. I got my paypal payment rejected and I didn't get a refund. So i was left with no zen and no money!b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Yeah same. I got my paypal payment rejected and I didn't get a refund. So i was left with no zen and no money!b:angryb:angryb:angry

Ow..Damn o.o what a rip off
    i guess i was lucky to get my zen ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009

All payments on your account are completed and ZEN awarded. Check your ZEN wallet. None of your payments have been rejected or refunded, they are all complete.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    To the ranting OP there are more payment options that paypal .... Have a nice day
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    umm... Transfer like $200 to buy zen, and don't spend it. Have it for like the mounts that come out, if you really took the time to think about the possibility of this happening.. Then you could've avoided the whole problem..b:sweatb:beatenup If you don't havee the money all up front, then wait a couplee weeks and save it up to do that... Plenty more mounts and stufff coming out I bet real soon...

Just think about it next time..
  • Kenzy - Sanctuary
    Kenzy - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If it's something that's only going to be on sale for a couple days, then how about they just announce it as an upcoming event, a few weeks ahead of time?

On one hand, I like that it's only on sale for a limited time so that it seems more "rare", but on the other hand I feel bad for people who won't get paid in time to buy it, or for people who just spent all their gold just before this unexpected event. The good thing is, plenty of these Nien Beast are being purchased and they might be affordable with coins (like the Hellhound) after this event is over. So there is still hope of obtaining one later.

Like Maddrox said, an event like this will probably happen again sooner or later, and they will still probably not announce it ahead of time. So, be prepared. I've been eagerly waiting for a new limited edition mount ever since the Ancient Boa event was over, and it finally happened.
  • RawrzWolf - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    To the ranting OP there are more payment options that paypal .... Have a nice day

yea, but people like me... i have nothing but paypal <_<"" think about that

Have a nice day b:victory

Also to the people above this post, Im going to buy myself 50 gold ready to buy the 2 headed Wyrm =]
    I just pray to god it wont be over 50Gold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've seen alot of these on Dreamweaver ... I think the "available for a limited time" strategy makes them more money because you never know when the mount will return ... meaning, people drop $50.00 to get what they won't be able to purchase on a daily basis should they decide they want to purchase the mount ... it's all about marketing.
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im just annoyed at the lack of Pre-Paids here in Australia :|
    I mean... Im one of those teens that have to ask permission from there parents before they can do anything, and quite frankly its a pain when you cant set up any kind of monie transfer account without your too-lazy-to-do-anything father :/
    Im not having a go at anyone here, but can the GM's please find some way of getting the cards over here? Im tired of Australia having to wait on games and stuff because were listed with the rest of Europe or somethin like that >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KikiKitten - Heavens Tear
    KikiKitten - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's stressing knowing at any moment an awesome bad-**** mount or fashion could come out any maintenance, and I'll be stuck with no money and no way to get it. But yeah, the 'limited edition' thing is actually a really good strategy, because people who want it are more than likely going to buy it with real money(which I did), whereas anything permanently in cash shop I'd never buy with money. You can always find someone selling it, and usually for cheaper than buying the gold for it too. I like the idea of an 'upcoming' announcement where they won't actually say what's coming, but they can make a really small hint. b:question
  • Muah - Heavens Tear
    Muah - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Basically there's a reason you are playing a F2P game and not a subscription. If you decide to blow your money on something else thats your fault. If you can't buy things in the boutique than its too bad, its not like you are going to die or your character is going to be ruined just because you can't a buy flashy mount like EVERYONE else. And also, thats why they are tradable. Hit higher lvl and you'll find out how to make a profit.

PWE isn't losing any money on limited edition items. You can't make everyone happy. Even in a game.
    ~Mrs. Curry~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Since 7/4/09
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I know most of you guys are really young, but the advice about saving up and waiting for the release is really good. Buy your zen, transfer it and just sit on it until the next big fancy thing is released. Even if you missed the neinbeast or whatever the last one was, there will always be another one. If that wasn't true, we'd be paying subscription fees by now.

As for Paypal, its better then most of the other payment options because as long as you have at least a credit card (or even just a checking account debit card) tied to your account, using it is free and instant. I don't know about Google checkout, but ClickandBuy is only free the first time you use it and I suspect all of the other ones are the same story ... or they simply take days to process.

Even if you are under 18, its not that hard to get a checking account. Just go to your local credit union (NOT the bank, they will usually charge you and make you buy checks) and ask about becoming a member. Most credit unions require you to have a savings account in order to have checking, but the minimum balance is usually not more then $10 or $20. Sometimes they will make your parents come and sign something too, so calling ahead helps. Once you have your savings account, you can open a free checking account with a debit card. Most credit unions won't even require you to get checks for it either, which is good because checks are bad anyway, most places don't even accept them.

Once you have your checking account and debit card, add it to your paypal account. This might actually take a couple of days for approval and whatnot, so make sure you don't wait until the wurm or whatever is 2 days only in the boutique.

Sorry for the novel-length post, but this really is the best way to get your cash shop stuff without paying extra money and time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • HoVulpes - Sanctuary
    HoVulpes - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i think RARE mounts r OK. but not for only 1 weekend. (no i dont have beast and even didn want it ). BUT let mounts be on for LEAST A WEEK. some ppl dont go on a game EVERY DAY. or announce a mount coming 2 WEEKS BEFORE its is cash shop. My suggestion
  • jamezneckbroke
    jamezneckbroke Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    is there not a way to charge your zen using a debit card? that would be the easiest way id think...thats what im looking for...
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    is there not a way to charge your zen using a debit card? that would be the easiest way id think...thats what im looking for...
    If you have a debit card, you can add it to a paypal account which can be a free and instant method of charging zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I know most of you guys are really young, but the advice about saving up and waiting for the release is really good. Buy your zen, transfer it and just sit on it until the next big fancy thing is released. Even if you missed the neinbeast or whatever the last one was, there will always be another one. If that wasn't true, we'd be paying subscription fees by now.

As for Paypal, its better then most of the other payment options because as long as you have at least a credit card (or even just a checking account debit card) tied to your account, using it is free and instant. I don't know about Google checkout, but ClickandBuy is only free the first time you use it and I suspect all of the other ones are the same story ... or they simply take days to process.

Even if you are under 18, its not that hard to get a checking account. Just go to your local credit union (NOT the bank, they will usually charge you and make you buy checks) and ask about becoming a member. Most credit unions require you to have a savings account in order to have checking, but the minimum balance is usually not more then $10 or $20. Sometimes they will make your parents come and sign something too, so calling ahead helps. Once you have your savings account, you can open a free checking account with a debit card. Most credit unions won't even require you to get checks for it either, which is good because checks are bad anyway, most places don't even accept them.

Once you have your checking account and debit card, add it to your paypal account. This might actually take a couple of days for approval and whatnot, so make sure you don't wait until the wurm or whatever is 2 days only in the boutique.

Sorry for the novel-length post, but this really is the best way to get your cash shop stuff without paying extra money and time.

My question is now, can i create a PayPal with debit and not have to worry about random people or bots taking monie from my savings account? I just need the PayPal account so i can start commisions and use that monie for ZEN :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My question is now, can i create a PayPal with debit and not have to worry about random people or bots taking monie from my savings account? I just need the PayPal account so i can start commisions and use that monie for ZEN :/

This is where you need to watch what you do on the internet. Before typing in personal information, make sure the URL of the page you are on is for the company you intend on giving that information to. The reason people get "****" or "phished" is because they click a link thinking that they will go and pay for an item or service when in actuality, the link re-directs you to a cloned page designed to steal that information.

For example, paying for an auction on Ebay using your PayPal account and by clicking the link to pay, it redirects you off of the Ebay website. That URL will no longer start with www.ebay.com/(insert randomness here) and will show something completely different. As long as you do not enter personal information on the re-directed page, your information is safe. Just enter your information on trusted websites and you will have nothing to fear.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I for one want the Two headed Wyrm mount more than anything.
    Yes, i know i spelt Wyrm like W-y-r-m. Thats how its spelt.. Not Wurm.
    Trust me, i know.

Actually its a fictional game, made up from fantasy. It can be called anything they want to call it and its right.. Why? because its all made up anyway. there is no correct way to make something up lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    yep we have WAY too many "Rare" mounts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    GEZEE stop being depresed and get money i dont care robe a bank or something (i didnt ewen want it taht much)
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ken_Ya - Lost City
    Ken_Ya - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I love the using the pre paid cards, You just lose out on zen bonus like the one they have now.
  • insanewayne
    insanewayne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just to clear up how some things work for me.
    My bank doesn't charge me a monthly fee, doesn't make me use checks, and my debit/credit card is also free. My card works just fine at google check out, debit or credit. I usually use the card and checks are for paying bils thur snail-mail. A 15 year old checking account and Im on check #1245 ... lol
    First I drive by my bank's website and balance out my checkbook. Then I sign into PWI and charge my zen thur google. From google's site I link back to PWI and assign my zen to a server (Harshlands). Before opening the game up, I drive back by my bank's site and double check my balance. The debit is allready there.
    Once there was a delay in this process and it took 15 whole minutes! (run/sarcasm2.4.exe)

Poke around for the right bank. Mine is a small local bank, not undersigned by a megacorp bank and not part of the bailout mess.

Also, ther' be no Targets nor 7-11s here in Redneckville, but there be Walmarts next to every trailor park ya'll!