Noob - Needs Help ;O

Options
lukaby
lukaby Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Archer
Hey all. Just started this game, patching ATM.

I think I'm going to start off as an Archer, they look pretty swish.

Can anyone give me some advice on them? Builds? Empowements? Armor? Oh and are they a good class to begin with?

Many Thanks
Post edited by lukaby on

Comments

• Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    honestly, i wouldnt suggest starting off as an archer.

i dont know how persistant or experienced in MMOs you are, but archers arent the easiest classes to start out with for sure, the other classes should be fine. (except wizard)
  • Rikka - Harshlands
    Rikka - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Venomancer is a nice and easy fast solo class to start with.
  • exileddw
    exileddw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    yeah go for the easiest class... no not really.. whats wrong picking a more challenging class. choose archer if u want, dont let ppl tell you what to pick b:pleased
  • lukaby
    lukaby Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I am pretty persistant.

Capped in WoW, capped in Fiesta Online.

Mmm, I just thought archer as they looked kinda cool - with wings xDD! I wana fly!

Hmm, yeah I looked at being a Venomancer - I guess, perhaps I'll go with one of those; unless someone else suggests otherwise?

(thanks, btw)
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Nah, I started off as an archer and I am really glad I chose it. The first 20 to 30 levels are hard, but after you get your level 29 skills and your first spark, you fly through the game. I admit, I died quite alot of times, but that's probably the build I had.

You should put 4 attribute points into dex and 1 into strength.
    Never use heavy and arcane armour. Use Light armour, it's archer armour.
    You can check the guides in this forum if you want to know more.

Also, archers ARE the sexiest class, alongside venomancerb:victory
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Its fine starting out as an archer offcourse, just dont expect an easy life before your 30s or so... especially if you are new to the game.

but i think the best idea is to play multiple classes for a little bit, to get a feel for them and then pick whichever you like :)
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lukaby wrote: »

Can anyone give me some advice on them? Builds? Empowements? Armor? Oh and are they a good class to begin with?

Many Thanks

for build use the full dex(4dex 1str every lvl) for high dammage/crit.
    use light armor. gives decent all around defence.
    umm you are gonna get a low amount of hp so stay as far away you from things that wants to kill you.
    archers are good at PvP and PvE except low hp -.-
    archers kinda start off like the other classes... noobish.
    read this guide for details http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=185611
    btw i agree with erado. you should also try the other classes to see if they attratcs you.
  • Hiryu - Dreamweaver
    Hiryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    tell you what...Ive tried all classes but for me the bestone is ARCHER its worth the pain believe me.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lukaby wrote: »

Many Thanks

If you are on a PvP sever go for archer!
    If you are one a PvE server and still like to fly, pick a cleric! Why not and archer on PvE? because archers aren't really necessary *sigh* and you will get tons of more action as a cleric.

I play an archer on PvE server, but I really like archers, no matter what. I know how to play one. And i tried both kind of severs, so i know what i am talking about (but this doesn't mean that my suggestion is imperative for you).

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Nah, I started off as an archer and I am really glad I chose it. The first 20 to 30 levels are hard, but after you get your level 29 skills and your first spark, you fly through the game. I admit, I died quite alot of times, but that's probably the build I had.

I had a much harder time (though it wasn't really all that hard, just more time consuming) as a blademaster going from 1-19 (and then to 30) than with my archer.

I died much more playing my BM in the early levels. Ranged attacks ftw.
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I started as an Archer - it's my fave class by far. Honestly is easy to be an archer once you get KB. Stay pure dex regardless of what people tell ya.
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I suggest that if you want to swish easily to get a good taste of the game, swing to Venomancer.

If you're willing, go for archer. I was really glad I went for archer. I can pwn most monsters and critical shots pop up on my screen quite often.

Always buy light armor and evasion ornaments. Potions are needed for both mana and hp. I suggest keeping 30 of each, to be sure that you're not dying on the battlefield.

Your build depends on you- Do you want to be pure dex or regular? I suggest adding a point to magic or vit every 6-7 levels, to keep it balanced. I do that right now, my stats are great. Normally the stat build is 4 dex, 1 strength. Don't start adding vit or magic until you're level 10, although.

I will admit archers at my time (lvl 28) are a bit hard. But I've been told so many times:

"I just know it- Ray will become really strong"
    "It's good that we have a DD archer. She's in the second ranking of highest damage. (Wizard is first)"
    "Haha, Ray, you'll fly right through PWI starting level 30 or so!"

(There are more, I'm not going to list them all)

Archers are a rewarding experience! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Garcher - Lost City
    Garcher - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Archers can be much easier to lvl if you know what to do and you maintain strict playing discipline. For example, have a protocol when your opener misses or when your knockback misses. btw. lvl15-19 are hell(due to lack of knockback) Get apothocary ASAP and collect herbs for HP powders. I don't know about high lvls but there are some nice weapons to choose from. Archers if done right can be really fun to play.

Also venomancers are not always the easiest. Controlling a pet can sometimes be difficult. However, venomancers are argueably the cheapest class. In addition, there is an oversupply of venomancers(especially in some new servers) so you won't be always or asked to join an fb or HH.

Clerics are the easiest to play in PvE. It aint complicated. cyclone->plume and repeat sequence till dead. if you get mobbed or attacked to much ironheart3x then continue mowing down the mobs. You may be poor but you'll be wanted in parties and guilds.