Vote on your 79+ weapon choice!

Options
Friction - Lost City
Friction - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Wizard
Hello =P

Just curious which weapons you guys prefer 79+. For those who wonder why 79, its to accommodate the glaives of divinity.
Also, Im going to assume everyone is using molder or HH.

The poll will be the general weapon class. If you feel like explaining in detail your specific weapon choice then go ahead.
Post edited by Friction - Lost City on

Comments

• Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yaksa.........
  • RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    RedSpeller - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Endless Ambiguity (For the HP and the Channeling)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yaksa.........

Agreed~! Yay, someone else likes the Yaksa! ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Endless Amb
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The wand is crazy expensive and not really worth the cost, like most TT gold weps.

The 79 Glaive is excellent at 79, not better than your TT options, but good until you have your TT80 wep.

Endless Amb is good for LA mages, due to +hp mod. Some people are also fans of -channeling gear.

Yaksa is great for robe mages, due to +pdef mod. The +1% crit is also very good. <- I'm working towards this one

Wheel of Life is a good choice if you want more damage and don't mind more variance, and it turns into a very good wep at 90 (unlike, say, Yaksa).
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I use yaksa, and it benefits my needs greatly. I already deal high damage being pure, and I can achieve 7% crit with it and of course with the added pys def I can get 3.2k pys def self buffed.

However, I'm starting to feel the pain of choosing yaksa since now I'll have to farm hh80 glaive to get my hh90 weapon.
  • Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Sakra-Devanum-Lundra, I am a crit *****
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What he said b:victory
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Friction - Lost City
    Friction - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the responses =]
    I have a glaive of divinity waitin for me for 79 (simply because it was cheap), but I was also lookin at the 80 wand. Although expensive, the blues are very nice.
    I tend to lean towards the raw and consistent damage which is why i would prefer the wand and its blues.
    Im using one of the 70 swords atm, but I dont think I will go for the 80. The 80 glaive is nice too. I think im going to definitely collect mats for one of those, mostly to lead into the 90.
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I tend to lean towards the raw and consistent damage which is why i would prefer the wand and its blues.

Look closer at those blues. The Wand is another example how devs break anything that had at least a chance to be done right from wizard's perspective.

I use wands too. I use my weapon to grind 90% of the time. I don't do pvp. The more narrow the damage range, and the higher the minimal M attack the better. Actually highest minimal M attack is the most important to me and I'd call it rather guaranteed M attack, not minimal M attack.

At 70 there were no choice. Acalanatha Wand had exactly what I was looking for.

Here it just had to be broken. M attack bonus is Maximum Magic Attack bonus. It doesn't help with guaranteed M attack and it widens the damage range, so it simply transforms Wand into a Sword. Why they did such a thing is beyond me.

The Wand still gives slightly better guaranteed damage than Sakra due to mag bonus, but the difference is laughable and the improvement over TT70 Wand is hardly worth the cost. I'm starting to think about staying with my Acalanatha to 90s. At least for grinding. For anything else maybe it's better to have a second weapon.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i want my yaksa ^^ or maybe sakra

i have a confession to make...
    i am mizuoni and im addicted to crits b:surrender
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Sakra for meb:laugh
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i want my yaksa ^^ or maybe sakra

i have a confession to make...
    i am mizuoni and im addicted to crits b:surrender

roll an archer then, lol.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Personally i went for the legendary Glaives of divinity. Yeah I know other stuff has better stats. I would have loved Endless ambiguity TT80 but the cost is mind blowing. I don't get in TT much now and can't afford mats at those prices, I ain't no Venomancer.

The legendary glaives are a good balance for cost and firepower. I also have the Reqiuem Blade ready for the next time.

Wand are ok for pure mag but I just don't like em

MGPS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yaska leads to the worst of the 90 weapons but i am gonna head down that path since i want the TT99 weapon ☆Inferno-Heaven Ravager:Souless and i will use this weapon till there is a way to get rank 8 weapon without living in fbs.

List of TT90 weapons available for magic classes.

Glavies
    Ardent Soul Shadow - Wheel of Life path
    Wheel of Denied Fate - Wheel of Life path
    Magic Swords
    Innocent Reverie - Yaska path
    Wraith Conqueror - Endless Ambiguity path
    Blade of the Red Dust - Endless Ambiguity path gold magic sword
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i did i have 4 archers...they get boring really fast
    i want mah yaksa crit!
    but if i go sage im going - channeling

you won me over, i got someone to make me some good - channeling gear and that blade of red dust is gonna make people cry from how fast i hit them!

so how do you get it? is there some kind of catch i mean everyone would use it if it was easily obtainable....
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • XxGaYdOoDxX - Lost City
    XxGaYdOoDxX - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I Like Swords
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I Like Swords

His name says it all.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lmao i got that one b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yaska leads to the worst of the 90 weapons but i am gonna head down that path since i want the TT99 weapon ☆Inferno-Heaven Ravager:Souless and i will use this weapon till there is a way to get rank 8 weapon without living in fbs.

I love my Yaksa. It's my weapon of choice.

Leads to worst 90 weapons? Leads to best in my opinion. Innocent Reverie

I love this line of weapon not for the crits (in fact would prefer them not to have +crit) but because they have +magic.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    +Evasion? Useless. I'd rather use the 80 gold sword than that piece of ****. For me endless till 90 for HP since I'm LA then restatting int and getting the glaive.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    +Evasion? Useless. I'd rather use the 80 gold sword than that piece of ****. For me endless till 90 for HP since I'm LA then restatting int and getting the glaive.

I agree evasion is useless. Not why I prefer this weapon. Like I said....I like the +magic of this line of weapon. b:thanks
  • Coldflash - Dreamweaver
    Coldflash - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I agree evasion is useless. Not why I prefer this weapon. Like I said....I like the +magic of this line of weapon. b:thanks

And yet the Wraith Conqueror has the same amount of +mag, but also has +14-15 vit and -3% channeling, thus making it far superior, but then again you would have to make an Endless Vague which is terrible so...yeah...
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    And yet the Wraith Conqueror has the same amount of +mag, but also has +14-15 vit and -3% channeling, thus making it far superior, but then again you would have to make an Endless Vague which is terrible so...yeah...

True...but I am looking at the lines of weapons as a whole.

Yaksa -> Innocent Reverie ->Scaredevil

Magic Attack +84

Magic +16~17

Critical Hit Rate +2%

For a PvE player think will suit my style of play. If I was PvP would change preferences; much greater emphasis on channeling.

My goal (dream?) is of course Sinrabansho. With Scaredevil I'll at least have one of the components b:pleased
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I chosed glave cos have the most m.atack + gives you 1 more crit with just 2 more dex that any ring can give you.
  • fasttwitch#5752
    fasttwitch#5752 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wheel of life--->aquaride-->aquadash-->wheel of denied fate
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    hezhunyuan wrote: »
    Wheel of life--->aquaride-->aquadash-->wheel of denied fate

Good luck getting aquaride before 90, or even 100. It's from the frostcovered grounds, which are not that easy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wraith Conqueror is a horribly useless weapon. Get the damn 90 glaive, if you want HP just add 14-15 vit to your base stats; Glaive will still be stronger thanks to the +77 matk. There's no reason to use Wraith Conq unless you're a Light Armor wizard who thinks 150 HP > more power or a vit build trying to max HP.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    FYI, a +0 glaive gives the same m-atk as a +5 wraith conqueror. Was an easy choice for me...
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    FYI, a +0 glaive gives the same m-atk as a +5 wraith conqueror. Was an easy choice for me...

Own in style right?