Im and archer and i use hammers!

Options
Nalroth - Sanctuary
Nalroth - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Archer
Lol yes its true im a archer and i use duel hammers...but just for farming so i can save arrows does anyone else use this tactic :p.Cuz it works for me lol but i feel like a epic fail for using them lol b:chuckle
Post edited by Nalroth - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Omgaggro - Lost City
    Omgaggro - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Maybe you should roll a Blademaster there, chief.b:chuckle
  • Limshutian - Sanctuary
    Limshutian - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ive never had many problems with not being able to afford arrows....unless u buy the highest quality u can use.....well except this weekend when i almost an out in fb39......and the bm tank gave me arrows......well anyways i think farming would be faster w/ a bow.....but at lvl 14 prolly not as well......so i dont know.....but i had used duals or fists when i first started when the mobs got close to me, but never to farm >,<
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    Goldian - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    LOL!!!! b:chuckle
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You will have more repair and HP pots cost then.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    Kealani - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Using a melee weapon is fine and all when monsters get close to you and you have nothing to knock them back..................but if you plan to use them or even need to use them after 30 you need to just quit playing an archer >.> Hell,20 is pushing it in my opinion.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm a BM and I use a single sword. Gasp! Axe master BM's everywhere are disgusted lol! I'm still waiting for the new update for the Bass Master class so I can slap people around with fish! b:laugh
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Epic fail. If you are going to use a melee weapon, use something that requires more dex so you are not wasting so much str. If you use a melee wep after 19, you are a n00b and you should reroll. I don't get why everyone is complaining about arrow costs. Its 40k to buy 20k arrows (2 piece) if you are smart and buy cheap. 20k arrows lasts me about 1-2 weeks of grinding.
  • Masodaf - Sanctuary
    Masodaf - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    20k arrows lasts you 1-2 weeks grinding? wow

Do you use the deadly laser from eyes skill to save arrows?

I wish 20k arrows lasted me 2 weeks grinding, even at level 62 :(
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have seen Archers using dual swords to although they probably would be better off with pole.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Miyakoto - Heavens Tear
    Miyakoto - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    haha tbh.. i just get a set of nice swords and fists to look different when im just walking around *whistles innocently*
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    :P If you use dual hammers, then what's the point of even thinking about a bow and arrow?

Get a BM, or a Barb.

If you keep buying new dual hammers, won't that require more strength than dexterity? Then you won't serve as a very good archer. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Probably because he wants to fly from level 1 but wants to be a melee person as well. :P
  • exileddw
    exileddw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    lol i hope you dont buy expensive arrows... you know youll barely notice any difference.. b:victory
  • Hiryu - Dreamweaver
    Hiryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    gratz you fail b:bye
  • Aleksandria - Dreamweaver
    Aleksandria - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    At very low levels, melee is just fine. Winged Shell will keep most of the damage from getting to you, claws as weapons refills your Chi faster than Shell drains it, and you'll generally kill the monsters fast enough. Obviously you still open with your bow (probably just a Take Aim, if you maxed it; otherwise Frost Arrow) and switch when they get close.

I find this to be faster overall than strictly using a bow on approximately half the types of monsters out there. You don't have to use potions really, because Winged Shell restores your mana and safeguards your HP. You also don't have to meditate, which is fail anyways due to low Vit and Mag (assuming Pure build here). Because the claws have faster attack rates, you'll do almost as much damage as with a solid bow (before Blazing Arrows) with normal attacks.

Comparatively, if you use a mana-heavy typical combo (knockbacks, extra damage via lightning attacks, etc), you'll have to go through a bunch of mana potions, which is unnecessary if you don't use more than Winged Shell restores. And if you use Winged Shell between kills to restore mana, you'll find your Chi running out too often, because you kill the enemy with too few attacks while spending Chi on both Frost Arrow and Winged Shell.

If you're fighting monsters more than +1 level or doing elites / group stuff, then none of this applies, clearly.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol yes its true im a archer and i use duel hammers...but just for farming so i can save arrows does anyone else use this tactic :p.Cuz it works for me lol but i feel like a epic fail for using them lol b:chuckle

Need arrows?

Go kill level 1 mobs at the Untamed/Human starting areas.

OR

Make them at the Craftsman (last tab)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I think Aleksandria answered the question. But basically, your hammers are fine, until you get higher level and need to use the best weapon for the job (that would be your bow).

At lower levels, melee weapons don't have the high strength requirements that you would need later. So, basically, what we're all saying is - get more arrows and use your bow!!!

Another solution - keep a bow, a crossbow, and a sling handy so you can use any ammo you find.
  • Mrsurine - Sanctuary
    Mrsurine - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Lol. :P when i first started as a veno.... I carried a sword and a magic item (I was going for a magic veno) I carried the sword more for the looks :P (I didn't like the magic swords :P)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'M DARTH VADAR!"
    "Who gives a sith?"
    b:chuckleHAHAHAHHA. I'm not funny. b:cry
  • XRedArcherx - Heavens Tear
    XRedArcherx - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i always have a bow,sling,and crossbow on me and just in case the mobs com 2 melee range have claws and so far that has not failed me yet so what that guys a little odd whith his tactics let him play the game based on how he wants 2 play isnt that the fun of the game?
  • Nisanthro - Heavens Tear
    Nisanthro - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Well I am a barbarian and I have been using dual swords until almost lvl 30 (as we all know barbarians dont have skills for swords) and it went just fine. I dont know why is everyone trying to get the most out of everything... You dont have to have everything maxed. Just play as you wish and dont let anyone to bother you.