Stunning Arrow

_Cristian_ - Harshlands
_Cristian_ - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Archer
What's the point of Stunning Arrow really? 3 seconds doesn't seem much to me b:surrender

Instead of opening new thread

Is Frost Arrow worth lvling?

I use Frost Arrow > Normal several times > Knockback > Normal til dead

So would maxing Frost Arrow be worth it?
Post edited by _Cristian_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Elfaria - Dreamweaver
    Elfaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Stunning arrow is mainly used for PvP, dueling, and TW.
    The high MP cost and the low stun rate is dull in PvE.
    So unless you do PvP of any sort, its worth leveling.

I would HIGHLY suggest you level up Frost Arrow.
    You'll be using it alllll the way to... Forever. Its the best skill to use as an opener to add more attacks during the beginning of all battles.
    Frost Arrow is every Archer's best friend. Level it up nicely and keep that rotation you have. Just keep Knockback arrow at level 1.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    the stun interrupts channeling though which is good see a mob or person casting a big scary skill? stun and its stopped +you got those 3 seconds now
  • Argalon - Dreamweaver
    Argalon - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Also the higher you have the skill the higher the chance is of stunning. When grinding i'll use deadly shot to open, then stun, and just regular attack. The vast majority of the time i can kill whatever it is i'm hunting without even getting attacked by the mob. 3 seconds may not seem like much, but it really does help a lot when you land the stun most of the time.
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Your exact grinding rotation, and what skills you use for it, is very much an issue of personal preference. There are many, many archers that swear by Frost Arrow as an opener. A lot of us use Knockback after a few hits. Some replace one of those two with Stunning Shot, or use Deadly Shot or Take Aim as an opener instead of Frost Arrow. Personally, I use Take Aim>Attack>Knockback>Attack>Stunning Shot (if needed)>Attack(if needed).
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lolol kidding me? Its what makes archers great. Having a long ranged stun that does damage and a high chance of success. I sometimes use it in grinding when my pushback cooldown is still going and the mob is near me. But for PVE max Frost Arrow first, you can keep every other skill level 1 and still grind fine (Not including the Masteries).b:bye
  • exileddw
    exileddw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I use frost arrow and knockback always, when grinding, more difficult mobs i throw in some other skills if needed. Deadly shot takes forever to cast as it is. lvl frost arrow up and u can even kill mobs before they get to you without using any other skills ;) +aimlow is better then stun if the mob is far enough away
  • _Cristian_ - Harshlands
    _Cristian_ - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    thanks for all responses, just making sure stunning arrow was worth it
  • XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear
    XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    stun arrow is definetly worth to max. u can easily take out a wiz/veno/cleric without even them touching u if u manage to land a stun on them as a opening. and for PVE yes, its sometime a lifesaver if ur knockback is in cooldown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    stun arrow is definetly worth to max. u can easily take out a wiz/veno/cleric without even them touching u if u manage to land a stun on them as a opening. and for PVE yes, its sometime a lifesaver if ur knockback is in cooldown.e

Hehe still a newbie to PvP HKSS :P

Wiz silence is faster than stunning arrow
    cleric sleep is faster than stunning arrow
    Veno won't die to stunning arrow

good for duels when when in the heat of them, can work in PvE not a necessity but more pros than cons, there are no cons b:bye
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear
    XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    yup i agree sleep and silence is faster, only in duels. and archers can resist sleep for 15secs with wings of grace. i always wing of grace stun and shoot the cleric to death. for silence, just use relentless courage and stun. i tried it b4, its faster than silence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    k while were on the topic of stunning arrow

can any explain demon stunning arrow

does it giv u a +10%(200 dex) crit rate or +10%(ex:metal debuff by 50%) crit rate b:question
  • Zinova - Harshlands
    Zinova - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    k while were on the topic of stunning arrow

can any explain demon stunning arrow

does it giv u a +10%(200 dex) crit rate or +10%(ex:metal debuff by 50%) crit rate b:question

It gives you basically 10% extra crit rate ( AKA 200 dex crit rate but without the dex bonus ).
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Also the higher you have the skill the higher the chance is of stunning. When grinding i'll use deadly shot to open, then stun, and just regular attack. The vast majority of the time i can kill whatever it is i'm hunting without even getting attacked by the mob. 3 seconds may not seem like much, but it really does help a lot when you land the stun most of the time.

LOL u could use just frost and normal attacks or even knock if u have to
    but ur combo need much more mana
    and btw 98% of time mobs dont hit me when i use just frost and normal attacks
    Maybe u have weak weap or ur too rich and dont care about mana usage
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Get It Dude
    Tw Is Sick Lad Bruh!
  • EvAx - Sanctuary
    EvAx - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It gives you basically 10% extra crit rate ( AKA 200 dex crit rate but without the dex bonus ).

Hasn't it been established that it gives 10% of your crit rate?
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Hasn't it been established that it gives 10% of your crit rate?

lol ya thats what i wanna no, i heard there 1 stun arrow in HL but its sage =/
    i even checked out pw-my fourms and here some ppl r sayin 30% crit + demon stun =33% crit b:cry

if u wanna no y i question read http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi.php

demon stun increases crit rate by 10%
    demon sharp grants 10% crit rate

i also noticed that the demon barb skill bestial onslaughter grants 35% crit rate
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    lol ya thats what i wanna no, i heard there 1 stun arrow in HL but its sage =/
    i even checked out pw-my fourms and here some ppl r sayin 30% crit + demon stun =33% crit b:cry

if u wanna no y i question read http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi.php

demon stun increases crit rate by 10%
    demon sharp grants 10% crit rate

i also noticed that the demon barb skill bestial onslaughter grants 35% crit rate

This is intersting GRANTS AND INCREASSE
    Maybe we can see on my en version of ecatomb:
    for demon sharpened tooth arrow:Increase 10% of critical hit rate within 15 seconds.
    and for demon stun:Increase the critical hit rate by 10% for 10 seconds.
    http://www.ecatomb.net/skillmy.php
    Now we can see difference: for demon sta 10% of critical hit(i believe they thought 10% of current crit hit rate) and demon stun increasses crit hit rate by 10% (regardless of base crit rate)
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    denesis wrote: »
    This is intersting GRANTS AND INCREASSE
    Maybe we can see on my en version of ecatomb:
    for demon sharpened tooth arrow:Increase 10% of critical hit rate within 15 seconds.
    and for demon stun:Increase the critical hit rate by 10% for 10 seconds.
    http://www.ecatomb.net/skillmy.php
    Now we can see difference: for demon sta 10% of critical hit(i believe they thought 10% of current crit hit rate) and demon stun increasses crit hit rate by 10% (regardless of base crit rate)

The skill descriptions in this game are notoriously inaccurate and it's not worth over analyzing subtle differences of wording like that.

I actually just got demon sharptooth. It adds a 15s buff with the same icon as the crit buff you get from fighting djinnscream in TT 3-X. It does NOT change the crit rate in your character sheet unfortunately so the only way to verify the actual effect is by testing. I'm not sure of a good methodology for this.

Demon Bow Mastery doesn't change the crit shown in the character sheet either though it is supposed to grant 1% crit for ranged weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It raises your critical rate.

30% crit and ST = 40%. Stun after= 50%.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    It raises your critical rate.

30% crit and ST = 40%. Stun after= 50%.

nice math, k show me a SS where u can prove itb:bye

2 things i wanna know

demon sharp+demon stun stack? in pw my fourms the answer = no
    demon stun increase by 10% or grant a 10% crit rate?
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    nice math, k show me a SS where u can prove itb:bye

2 things i wanna know

demon sharp+demon stun stack? in pw my fourms the answer = no
    demon stun increase by 10% or grant a 10% crit rate?

Already been proven on PW-MY forums nub. Thanks drive through don't let the door hit you in the **** on the way out.

http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/viewtopic.php?t=23096

Here's the link before you spew more **** everywhere.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Already been proven on PW-MY forums nub. Thanks drive through don't let the door hit you in the **** on the way out.

SS kthxbaib:bye
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    SS kthxbaib:bye

You can't get a SS boon because it doesn't show in the character window.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    Alright, I must have read wrong, so I will apologize. One guy says it doesn't stack. There's no way to prove this. The only proof you are going to get is doing it 1000 times and logging it. Let me know your results, lol.

EDIT: I'm havin a bad day, bro. I need to stop trolling. Sorry