Lv4 trial quests

Miugre - Heavens Tear
Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Crafting Nook
Looked about 4 pages back on this board and didn't see anything about this, so here goes.

I'm Lv50 and looking into the lv4 manufacturing skills. Of particular importance is Blacksmithing, since I have a wep mold I'd like to make which requires Lv4 Blacksmithing. So I check in with the Blacksmith and am asked to make a couple of two-star weapons. I suspect the Tailor and Craftsman skill books are just as hard to come by (I already did the Apothecary one).

So question #1 is: Can I turn in weapons (and armor/ornaments later) that I don't make myself? Or do they have to bear my "signature?"

Question #2 is: How money-intensive is this? I'm thinking of buying a few gold pieces and investing in a couple stacks of the unmineable lv2 mats. Anybody have better solutions? (I've looked in the AH at the weapons I need, but they're ridiculously expensive there, at least when I looked)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
Post edited by Miugre - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• TitTees_ - Sanctuary
    TitTees_ - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Apparently, you can turn in equipment that you did not create yourself. I'm currently aiming for level 4 tailoring - I have to create/find a 2* Wraith Robe, Glowing Cuisse, and Stoneblood Bands. One time, I put a 2* wraith robe in my inventory - not made by me - and on my quest tracker, the wraith robe was marked green and acceptable.

As for the cost of getting a level 4 skill, it varies. Depends mostly on your luck, but it is very expensive. My friend spent more than 2 mil trying for level 4 blacksmith. I'd rather just look through shops or auction and buy the armor/weapons/etc. instead of crafting it myself.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    I'll check the AH again, I suppose. -_-

Can anyone else confirm that weps made by other people / weps that bear no manufacturing signature are valid?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • oukie
    oukie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes, as long as it is a 2* weapon it will be accepted. Made by you, or bought from other players doesn't matter.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I noticed something when I was at one of the quest elders, I hit train by accident...
    and the level 4 skill I have quests for, were highlighted able to trained. Unknowing how hard this quest is, I did not confirm the box to train, think now maybe I will look into it and try to save a headache.
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Doesn't work. I saw the same thing and it just said "unable to learn," etc. :P

I made the 2-star Ornamented Bow today. Uggggh. Here's another question, has anyone tried this with THREE star weapons? Or is it ONLY two-star that's acceptable? I'm guessing only 2, because judging by the prices in the auction house (600-900k for a 2-star, 100-200k for a 3-star), 2-stars are much more valuable for these 3 weps.

Either way... I don't think I'm gonna get lv4 of anything else (except apothecary) for a looooong time. Maybe I'll make another alt and have each of my characters specialize in a different craft... :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Pharse - Heavens Tear
    Pharse - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    you have to have the exact items that the quest asks for. I made 8 sets of glowing curriasses before I got the 2 star ones (if you make them and don't need them I sold a pair for 700K in AH).
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I completely gave up on the Blacksmith lvl 4 trial quest when I realized that the 2* weps are very hard to make and buying them from auction is unreasonably expensive. The only way I will ever finish this quest is if I slowly find the EQ in cat shops.

I've been relying on trusted friends to craft my TT weps and my level 70 armor since I am unable to make weapons above level 40 and as for tailor skills i haven't even touched it yet...>_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Not sure if I was just lucky, or if its easier for the craftman, but I got my 3 2* items for Craftmen lvl4 this morning in.... 5 total crafting (only 2 were 1*). I also heard someone else got them pretty easy. It can't be THAT bad.

- Amy
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    its entirely luck.. I made one 2* in one try and found the other one from a drop by pure luck.. and the last 2* took 12 tries to make one
  • Veltore - Heavens Tear
    Veltore - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ya i lucked out on tailoring and made all 3 in my skill up tries.Smithing not so lucky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BearHunter - Sanctuary
    BearHunter - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    An Idea that works for me- I bet most of you have several characters. If not - make few. Once you'r lower level char is getting over LV20 he'll be farming the very materials your higher char. is aching for. I takes time but is relatively cheaper than spending millions for tries in vain.
    I gave up LV4 smithing but once my other char is reached LV21 i started to get the needed mats again and thought - hey, it can be done after all :)
    Right now one of my chars is LV4 smith with relatively reasonable amount of effort and thanks to farming of lower level character.
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hello All,

I need help, b:cry

Im on crafting quest lv4 and i only need the 2*wraith robe but i dont know how manufacture it.... i mean, when i visit the tailor the robes names are different neither is the wraith robe.... i dont know if u manufacture it on 2* the name changes on wraith robe?
    i dont want spend my materials trying on a wrong robe >.<

please help from someone who was manufactured it, i need know where is the correct tailor and the correct robe for do it.... help!!

Thanks ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Caslina - Sanctuary
    Caslina - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Go to any tailor in Archosaur, click on manufacture, and Wraith Robe is actually under Arcane Chest, not 'ROBE' though the name is Robe... lol.

I talked to Duke to find out lucky tailor before crafting, and took me just 1 time each to get all 3 armors needed for the quest.

Good luck to you, and don't necro/bump old threads. b:victory
    Started PWI - Oct 2008
    Uninstalled PWI - Aug 2009
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    O.o ty soo much.... now i know why never find it on any tailor....

And i got it, i manufactured it on 2 stars and reached crafsting lv4 ^^

thank u for the help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Gorga - Harshlands
    Gorga - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I need some help with the tailor lvl4 thing.

I habe the ☆☆ Glowing Cuisses, ☆☆ Stoneblood Bazubands and 10 Fine Lumber now, but I cannot find a tailor, where I can compose a "Wraith Robe"

How do I do???

TIA, Detlef