Genies and why i quit

13»

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    While I am a pure magic cleric (5 vit, 5 dex, and just enough str to wear armor) I am not able to hold Blue Ball or Red Ball for very long either because they throw you into combat mode which cuts your mp regen rate down to 25% of normal.

Without going off on too big a rant I am very much against the existence of BB and RB. In my opinion they are an extremely blatant attempt to get higher level clerics to spend real money at the cash shop. The fact that they throw you into combat mode even though they are just healing and buffing spells is proof of that in my opinion. For this reason I never use them. I am not an item-oriented person and only go into TT when I have a quest to do there (or when asked by a friend) and even then only when there is another cleric.

I come from a school of thought that believes that buying items for a video game with real money is a form of cheating. While I realize that it is not cheating in a game that exists solely to sell items in a cash shop, I cannot shake the dirty feeling that I would get for buying cash shop items. The only cash shop items I have ever used were inventory and safe expansion stones and I bought those with coin from another player. I realize I can buy charms the same way, but the design of charms and the BB and RB spells make me so annoyed with PW that I refuse to use them. BB and RB should not put you in combat mode and you should be able to set when charms go off and how much they fill up. For example, you should be able to set your mp charm to only go off when you are down to 10% mp (or whichever amount you choose) and have it only fill you up to 50% mp (or whichever number you choose). If they made that change I would probably start using charms, but as it is it is too blatant an attempt to waste my money for me to be willing to use them at all. I still have the charm that I got as a level 4 or 5 quest reward in my safe.

Your the dumbest smart guy I have ever known.... b:laughs at you so hard...

Anyhow.. Point number 1
    If you dislike cash shop so much? Why don't you just play a Pay to play (P2P) game? I mean, it might actually cost you less money! And there is no such thing as a cash shop so players can "cheat"

Anyhow.. Point number 2
    It's nice that your an idiot and your QQing about charms and not using them... and nice of you to care for charms even though you really don't use them at all. First of all, suggestions forum please? I mean I enjoy watching you squirm and whine like a 3 year old as much as the flamer that's going to post below... But seriously in all respect. Your idea is good, but your an idiot. Fix it please!
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Mastrmustard - Sanctuary
    Mastrmustard - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    As for genies being a huge waste of spirit, you have an endless supply of spirit after level 70. What would it be used for if not for genies? Nothing, it would just rack up and be pointless.

Considering that you need 1 mil sp per demon/sage skill I would assume that "racking it up" between lvls 70-89 to have enough to afford the skills would be a good call.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    LOL y do ppl even read threads like this? Well i guess i just read it... hmm

Anyway... Cya! b:chuckle

Oh and thx for the QQing i just love a good laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ...What level are you? When you start running into bosses that require BB's group heal and damage reduction, maybe you'll understand why it exists.

PS, use apoth items to up your mp regen and BB is much nicer on your charm.

Level 80 at the moment.
    Your the dumbest smart guy I have ever known.... b:laughs at you so hard...

Anyhow.. Point number 1
    If you dislike cash shop so much? Why don't you just play a Pay to play (P2P) game? I mean, it might actually cost you less money! And there is no such thing as a cash shop so players can "cheat"

Anyhow.. Point number 2
    It's nice that your an idiot and your QQing about charms and not using them... and nice of you to care for charms even though you really don't use them at all. First of all, suggestions forum please? I mean I enjoy watching you squirm and whine like a 3 year old as much as the flamer that's going to post below... But seriously in all respect. Your idea is good, but your an idiot. Fix it please!

I don't play a pay to play game because this one is good enough and is free. A pay to play game will not cost me less money because this one has not cost me any money so far and it is hard to cost less than that.

Of course I "care" for charms. Just because I have never used one does not mean I have no ideals. When I saw that mp charms activated when you still have 75% of your mp left I knew the purpose of that was to cause your charm to activate more often than you wanted to so people would spend more money. I am not whining because I do not use them. MP regen rate in this game is just fine even without any items. That does not mean that I do not put myself in the shoes of people that use charms. If I were to use one I would like it to work the way that I described. Since there is so much social pressure to use charms in this game I would probably cave and equip one if they worked the way I described. Earning 400k to buy a gold charm off of someone is not that hard, but I am not going to do that with the way charms currently work since they activate far too often and it would waste it way to quickly. And I am not crying about charms. I was asked how it is possible to be a level 80 cleric and never use mana regen items so I explained how I did it and why I did it. Just because I have not used one does not mean that I would not like to see them improved. I still have the bronze charm in my safe from that level 4 or 5 quest I did on my first day. Some day I will probably face enough peer pressure to equip it and it would be nice it if worked better when that day comes.

As for why I have not suggested it, it is because I doubt they will listen. I have heard people complaining that mp charms activate too often since day one. I seriously doubt they never changed them because they did not think of it. Charms work the way they do so that you will waste more charms since you cannot regenerate as much mp between fights as you would if they activated less often.
  • Murugan - Lost City
    Murugan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    Level 80 at the moment.

I don't play a pay to play game because this one is good enough and is free. A pay to play game will not cost me less money because this one has not cost me any money so far and it is hard to cost less than that.

Of course I "care" for charms. Just because I have never used one does not mean I have no ideals. When I saw that mp charms activated when you still have 75% of your mp left I knew the purpose of that was to cause your charm to activate more often than you wanted to so people would spend more money. I am not whining because I do not use them. MP regen rate in this game is just fine even without any items. That does not mean that I do not put myself in the shoes of people that use charms. If I were to use one I would like it to work the way that I described. Since there is so much social pressure to use charms in this game I would probably cave and equip one if they worked the way I described. Earning 400k to buy a gold charm off of someone is not that hard, but I am not going to do that with the way charms currently work since they activate far too often and it would waste it way to quickly. And I am not crying about charms. I was asked how it is possible to be a level 80 cleric and never use mana regen items so I explained how I did it and why I did it. Just because I have not used one does not mean that I would not like to see them improved. I still have the bronze charm in my safe from that level 4 or 5 quest I did on my first day. Some day I will probably face enough peer pressure to equip it and it would be nice it if worked better when that day comes.

As for why I have not suggested it, it is because I doubt they will listen. I have heard people complaining that mp charms activate too often since day one. I seriously doubt they never changed them because they did not think of it. Charms work the way they do so that you will waste more charms since you cannot regenerate as much mp between fights as you would if they activated less often.

I'm pretty sure they did that in consideration of the non-magical classes. I have some skills that use 60% or so of my MP. If my MP charms ticked at 50% instead of 75%, I wouldn't be able to use these skills while my MP is between 51-59%
  • Rubles - Heavens Tear
    Rubles - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ill be honest, i have to agree, it takes what was orginally a nice looking game, both graphicly and atmosphericly, and turns it into a little petter pan mmo. "lets all get bright pink flowery genies!!"..

PWI has had a good look to it for a long time, but this tosses it over the top, its more cartoony then Flyff.. i mean honestly implimenting something that now becomes a standard for chars (available to everyone lvl1 and up) as oppose to sage/demon which was a status of acheivement.

strawberry shortcake mmo.. seriously the 'genie' *cough* fairys make the game look like it appeals to the 12-16 age genre..

playing a mmo has a level of dorkdom to it, and now toss these **** fairy bugs following you around 24/7.. makes it worse then being caught watching 'my little pony'..

why not put rainbow flags in each town, and scatter the landscape with gumdrops and fairydust..

genies really queerd up this game.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    and you arent secure enough in your masculinity that you have to behave like an immature child over it? i wear pink, and womens clothes 24/7 just to aggrivate people like you, and i come home and enjoy... wrestling.. with my wife nightly :P. grow a pair man, and if youre a woman... still grow a pair.
  • Rubles - Heavens Tear
    Rubles - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i wear pink, and womens clothes 24/7

and that makes you cool how?

..it makes you a crossdresser..
    to each his own.. well no.. in your case 'to each its own'

dressing in drag.. haha, youre a tool
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    and damn proud of it. you got a problem? do something about it.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Mmmmm yeah...this flame war is being locked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.