Resetting of TW

Vorgen - Sanctuary
Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Hey all,

Local ********* here just got a question for all you informed PWI peeps out there.
I have been hearing alot of rumors about the TW map being reset. I have nothing concret to support this so don't start saying well Vorgen blah blah blah..
I am just curious as to what you all have heard.

Also i would like to hear your ideas on the whole thing:

1. Whether its a great idea or a bad idea

2.And why you think that way

Plz respond and be civil toward everyone i don't want this forum to become a hate fest. Thank you have a nice dayb:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Vorgen - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nuuuu....
    For once I think I like how the map is atm...
    And thats because Im a twisted persona who likes to see big factions rise and fall... lol history
    Seriously, reseting the map isnt going to change much. The levels and number of pple in the faction say alot. And if its because of Nef or Leg, then their just going to take it alllll over again ;P it would probably work better for them IF the map reset actually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    And what about 100000000 of charms ( real life money invested ) people spend to win those maps? would pwi reset that .
    I think no and no to reset .
    That;s like studing in collage and on last year someone come and reset it , sure u know a lot about it and u would pass easyer but its just not fair ^^

b:chuckle
  • Masodaf - Sanctuary
    Masodaf - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i just think it's pointless, give it a couple of weeks and the larger faction will steamroll over it again, couple more weeks after that Nef and Leg will steamroll over the larger factions xD

Besides, Templar raises a good point, real life money invested and all, it wouldn't be fair in those that have.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    no..

it's just a rumor that some noob started after seeing a thread in the suggestion box
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I would like the map reset so that we can have PVE TWs again :)
    They are lots of fun and I feel terrible for those that will never be able to experience them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    pve tw is boring.... pvp tw epically interesting!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I had two chances to do a pve Tw but didn't take the chance.. I don't know why I didn't, because now I regret that, that chance will never come again.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    PVE TW = sux

its same as grinding with some bosses around :)

b:chuckle
    edited May 2009
    I guess I'm revealing myself as a carebear. b:heart PvE TW b:heart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:cuteb:cute
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Thank you all for your ideas and thoughts in this matter. I can't wait to hear more from you.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    reset the map, but also reset the guilds b:sin
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Oh MiniST thats evil and cruel.........me likeyb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    would be interesting to see tho.....force everyone to regroup and start over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Urban_Ninja - Sanctuary
    Urban_Ninja - Sanctuary Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    To finish this problem, I can make the GM stop TW and faction for at least a month, and then we can see if we will make any adjustments..

Option #1: Limiting on owning land. (Let's say you have the limit of owning 5 lands.)

Option #2: Duration of owning a land. (You only have a month of owning a land)

Option #3: The more lands you have, the harder you obtain a land
    (Example: Nef has 22 lands, so getting another land would have a difficulty of Archosaur + guild members)

Option #4: Only one bid can be done on owning a land.(May the best money giver wins)

Option #5: Urban_Ninja will just give all the players the golden shower LOL and forget TW.(Solves everything like putting a thread on your nose)

Please don't criticize if my suggestions are noobish cause I'm not that intellectual like Einstein. Anyways, give suggestions too!!
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    reset the map, but also reset the guilds b:sin

err how hard can that be? most people have enough coins to get a lvl one faction right away plus there are faction forum where everybody can see who to contact to form the faction again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Pfft any PVE TW with you rocks <3 gratz on 93 you lvl so fast :o

P.S I don't think you would remember a noob like me.. So just remember the good ol' witch days we had before b:chuckle
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Eh i don't think resetting the guilds as well as land is very productive. However, heres a question if the guilds were somehow reset.....would you be in the same guild as you were before? I am sure most of you would say hell yeah no duh....but some of you? You may not be back in for certain reasons that you wouldn't want to put up with or, just feel neglected by that faction and is only around because you have nowhere to go.b:thanks Plz keep up with the inputs thank you one and all

~Barb for life~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2009

P.S I don't think you would remember a noob like me.. So just remember the good ol' witch days we had before b:chuckle

If I remember correctly, you were that BM from WiccanWay. :P

Think you were in Regicide for a few days too.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Haha yes i remember him. Hey estban its Sulferous well now Vorgen but eh this barb is already better then sulf ever was so a second try at making a barb is almost worth it. Anyway whats up Estaban?b:victoryb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samalia - Sanctuary
    Samalia - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    dumbest idea ive ever heard in my life. dont reset tw map and dont change anything to do with factions/tw

stop looking for ways to get free-bee handouts to unskilled, inferior factions.
    be strong or be annihilated.

end of story
    edited May 2009

Lol thanks esteban :) I was in wiccan for levels 48-75 and don't forget people so easily :)

Leveling isn't hard if you keep doing world quest + crazy stone + cube every day... dailies FTW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lol thanks esteban :) I was in wiccan for levels 48-75 and don't forget people so easily :)

Leveling isn't hard if you keep doing world quest + crazy stone + cube every day... dailies FTW.

If thats all your doing every day......Can I haz moniez plez? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I call for server wipe !!

My suggestion nice?

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I call for server wipe !!

My suggestion nice?

~Morgul

*Shoots Morgul*

b:laugh
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If I remember correctly, you were that BM from WiccanWay. :P

Think you were in Regicide for a few days too.
    Yea hehe.. Good times I remember my first pvp TW was against you guys.. I was laughing the whole time after seeing veno_MAN_cer's character b:chuckle
    Haha yes i remember him. Hey estban its Sulferous well now Vorgen but eh this barb is already better then sulf ever was so a second try at making a barb is almost worth it. Anyway whats up Estaban?b:victoryb:thanks

Hehe hello there sulf.. Why you make a second barb? Well hope that one comes out better b:victory
    I have been good just here with my slow lvling barb :(

Lol good to see you have a plan set out for lvling.. For me is just get fbs dailies and afk the rest of the time lol...
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Long story short est Hotep is a basterd and thats all i am saying.

But on a lighter note it seems a few would like to see the maps reset? Still haven't gotten many reasons why.

So pls let me know what your thinking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Really TW is fundamentally broken. Over time more and more guilds are going to be locked out as competition increases. Over time fewer guilds are viable and the ones that hold land become stronger and stronger.

Really it is too easy to defend. You only have to defend 3 territories at a time even if you hold 30. With each TW holding a maximum of 80 people on each side you aren't at that much of a disadvantage when you have every one of your lands attacked simultaneously. This seems really silly to me.

When land is easy to defend you just get more and more of it. Right now if you are an upcoming guild and want to do TW you have 2 choices: attack Legendary or attack Nefarious. Really lame. How come there is no way to have TW battles against factions of the same calibre?

If they got rid of the 3 at a time restriction TW would have a lot more variety. The most a guild like leg or nef could defend would be 6 or 7 lands and that leaves everyone else a chance to have a shot.

I'd also like to see the ability for rival guilds to have TW battles if neither holds land. Even if there are no real stakes it would give all the lesser factions a chance to taste a TW experience that lasts longer than 2 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CJ7 - Sanctuary
    CJ7 - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    leave it the way it is. when its so overwhelmingly one sided it makes it more of a challenge for the rest of us who actually enjoy rising to meet that challenge. no nef i don't hate you but you are top dog right now and we are all coming for you
  • Lunati - Sanctuary
    Lunati - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Yea hehe.. Good times I remember my first pvp TW was against you guys.. I was laughing the whole time after seeing veno_MAN_cer's character b:chuckle

Hehe hello there sulf.. Why you make a second barb? Well hope that one comes out better b:victory
    I have been good just here with my slow lvling barb :(

Lol good to see you have a plan set out for lvling.. For me is just get fbs dailies and afk the rest of the time lol...

Holy **** man, I thought you quit the game.

Remember me? The hyperactive fox? xD (Take no note of the low level, my PC died for like 2 months.)