Better than you think :)

Eirel - Sanctuary
Eirel - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Blademaster
So...I tanked Krixxix. I had a level 34 cleric healing me, but I tanked Krixxix.

/end ego booster
Proud member of the "Fist/Claw Cult" :p
Post edited by Eirel - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kalister - Sanctuary
    Kalister - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Watch out... dont let that head get too big...
    OH EHM JEE!!! NO SIG!!! b:shocked
  • Darth_rambo - Lost City
    Darth_rambo - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You'll be tanking most phys bosses WITH a cleric in no time. It's pretty much how we all roll.
  • _Jack - Lost City
    _Jack - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    congratualtions:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EmeraldWolf - Harshlands
    EmeraldWolf - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So...I tanked Krixxix. I had a level 34 cleric healing me, but I tanked Krixxix.

/end ego booster

Please. You couldn't solo Krixx. You would get rolled into a fine paste. Dude I might be a noob but i know that Krixx could one shot you in no time flat, without a pansy cleric buffing you.

Pathetic.
  • Zemria - Sanctuary
    Zemria - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    without a pansy cleric buffing you.

Hey! I'm not a pansy cleric >.> I'm damn good at what I do, thank you very much.

I know she did it, and there were other witnesses there....jeez, just cause you think something can't be done, it doesn't mean you can't. It took us a couple of tries, but we did it, without ANYONE'S HELP. It took me one focus powder and both of us spamming skills to do it, but we did it. If you want proof, come over to Sanc and we'll gladly do it again, just to prove to you that we can.

Eirel went through a lot of criticism for even having the guts to try, with everyone telling her "no BM with claws under such-and-such level can tank Krixxix," but she did it anyway, just to prove them wrong.

Don't belittle others accomplishments because you chose to hide behind robes and weapons of higher levels when doing a boss. Everything in this game can be done with an on-level party, as long as they have the right people, the right skills, and the guts to try.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Tanking krixx at such a low level is something to be proud off. I remember myself trying to solo Surixxx at 4X levels and getting pwnd. Hahaha.

I guess you must be an LA blademaster to have pulled it off. don't let the critics get you down, It's good to be different.
    Please. You couldn't solo Krixx. You would get rolled into a fine paste. Dude I might be a noob but i know that Krixx could one shot you in no time flat, without a pansy cleric buffing you.

Pathetic.
    Sir, you deserve to be shot on the head.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It took me one focus powder and both of us spamming skills to do it, but we did it.

I'm curious what skills Eirel was spamming. With the party being just the two of you (and you most likely focused on a steady stream of ironhearts), she probably did not have to worry much about aggro. So, the only things that should have been distracting from her steady stream of normal attacks should have been periodic sparks and marrow physical. Wouldn't anything else just decrease a fist's DPS in a boss fight? I obviously don't know, but it seems like a lot of skills are negatives for fist in this situation due to slow cast/channel times.
  • Eirel - Sanctuary
    Eirel - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    severan wrote: »

I guess you must be an LA blademaster to have pulled it off.

Nope. Heavy all the way :)

And as for skills...your right, all I was spamming were basic attacks, frequent sparks, and marrow physical. My wrist hurt like hell after it, but not as much as Zem's did :p
    Proud member of the "Fist/Claw Cult" :p
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I congratulate you. We, a squad of 3 (BM, Barb, and a Wiz) had trouble with Krixxix (BM & Barb died on 1st try), but we eventually got it done. Without a cleric, and both melee characters in heavy armour, it's hard.
  • Theotus - Heavens Tear
    Theotus - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    congratulations
    . :-) that's just amazing. let me fill your head with some more ego-air. just amazing. :-) SKILL SPAM FTW!!! HAHAA
  • FangJingShan - Lost City
    FangJingShan - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm curious what skills Eirel was spamming. With the party being just the two of you (and you most likely focused on a steady stream of ironhearts), she probably did not have to worry much about aggro. So, the only things that should have been distracting from her steady stream of normal attacks should have been periodic sparks and marrow physical. Wouldn't anything else just decrease a fist's DPS in a boss fight? I obviously don't know, but it seems like a lot of skills are negatives for fist in this situation due to slow cast/channel times.

Yes, it would decrease the DPS by a lot.

To OP and partner, GREAT JOB! b:victory
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Pathetic.

Not sure if you really are as stupid as your post says you are, or if you are simply trolling. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i think thats how bosses are intended to be fought, by a group of kids all around the same level workin to **** em'. not somuch "get high level dude to kill it because we cant"
    so ya :P
  • The_Champion - Sanctuary
    The_Champion - Sanctuary Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    May I be the first barb to congradulate you!b:pleased I just got a lvl90 mage kill him quick for me.b:pleased You have two have a lot of guts. With more BM's like you we barbs will soon be out of a job.b:cry lol

Pathetic.

PWI is a game to have fun with not critze people and make them feel bad. What is wrong with you? Nobody needs a critic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds about right