What happened?

Options
Aedus - Harshlands
Aedus - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I was in Archosaur and saw a necklace for 49,999 in a cat shop with a lot of other necklaces he had, so I brought it and suddenly 500k vanishes out of my bag.

What happened? Is this some kind of bug? If so can I get my money back I just lost? Thanks.
Post edited by Aedus - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    you sure it wasn't 499,999?
    Back.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    maybe you misread.
  • Aedus - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    you sure it wasn't 499,999?

100% sure, all of the necklaces in the shop were 49,999
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Are you sure you actually clicked on the 49,999 necklace and not the 499,999 necklace lol?

Don't be fooled by the Cat Shop's cutiness... b:chuckle

But in all seriousness, the Cat Shop didn't make the mistake, you did. I guarantee that 100%
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Aedus - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Nah there was 3 or 4 in there, I checked all of them and I saw 1 for 49,999 and thought "Oh that's cheap"

Guess it wasn't so cheap after all b:surrender
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Nah there was 3 or 4 in there, I checked all of them and I saw 1 for 49,999 and thought "Oh that's cheap"

Guess it wasn't so cheap after all b:surrender

Was your eyes working at 100%?

Or did you actually have less money than you thought?

There is a 0% chance the Cat Shop prices could have bugged like that.... It is just impossible.

The only conclusion was fault at your side, but hey, that's just me.... If you ask a Magician she'll say that the money magically got poofed!
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

• Aedus - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Was your eyes working at 100%?

Or did you actually have less money than you thought?

There is a 0% chance the Cat Shop prices could have bugged like that.... It is just impossible.

Nah strangely, I checked the shop 3 times before deciding to buy it, so I am positive it was 49,999 coins, and I know I had the amount before buying it.

If it's my mistake I can deal with it, just another hour and a half farming mats to get the money back b:surrender Gutted.

I thought there may have been a possible bug but if no-one has experienced it before I'll just suck it up and go farm again tomorrow
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Nah strangely, I checked the shop 3 times before deciding to buy it, so I am positive it was 49,999 coins, and I know I had the amount before buying it.

If it's my mistake I can deal with it, just another hour and a half farming mats to get the money back b:surrender Gutted.

I thought there may have been a possible bug but if no-one has experienced it before I'll just suck it up and go farm again tomorrow

Always be careful when one person is vending like 4 times in a row.

This person is vending like Perfect Stones (300 stacks each) x 4 in his or her store.

I mean.. why can't that person vend (1.2k stones) in one stack? The reality, he or she is off to scam you.

P.S. The 4th stack is a bomb! b:mischievous

• Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Typical catshop scam, got caught too recently. Was doing crazy stone, felt lazy and bought the stone from a catshop, bought too fast and the last stone costed me 201k.

That will teach me to go too fast. =P
  • FangJingShan - Lost City
    FangJingShan - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This is why I don't buy from catshops.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What are these catshops you all speak of?

Auction House all the way!
  • Aia - Dreamweaver
    Aia - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have heard of 'bugged' catshops on other servers...if you are certain that it was not your mistake, I would screenshot it and file a ticket or something if you are in suspicion of it happening again or to someone else. Perhaps contact the catshop owner also.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Always be careful when one person is vending like 4 times in a row.

This person is vending like Perfect Stones (300 stacks each) x 4 in his or her store.

I mean.. why can't that person vend (1.2k stones) in one stack? The reality, he or she is off to scam you.
    Actually I used to do that to help figure out the true market price. For example, say I had 100 mirage celstones to sell but wasn't sure what the going price for them was. I'd put 4 stacks of 10, priced at 18k, 20k, 22, and 25k. The theory being that a buyer would see the different prices and buy the lowest cost one. If I sold out of everything except the 22k and 25k, then I knew the market price was around 20k-21k. If I sold out of everything except the 25k, then I knew the market price was between 22k-24k. Then I could put the remaining 60 for sale at what I'd determined was th emarket price.

Unfortunately what happened most of the time was that I'd sell some of each stack, making the methodology useless for figuring out what the market price was. It seems the vast majority of people simply don't check the price of each item when they're price-shopping. Like the OP they see a bunch of the same item, check the price on one, assume they're all priced the same, and often drag a different one to the buy box.
  • Aedus - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately what happened most of the time was that I'd sell some of each stack, making the methodology useless for figuring out what the market price was. It seems the vast majority of people simply don't check the price of each item when they're price-shopping. Like the OP they see a bunch of the same item, check the price on one, assume they're all priced the same, and often drag a different one to the buy box.

That's what confuses me though, I always check prices and make sure of them before I buy, saying in an earlier post that I went into the catshop and checked the price of that particular neck 3 times before buying it, I just wanted to see if there was a bug in catshops which I've heard of before but never seen which Aia confirmed.

But I'm gonna take a wild guess that if I submit a ticket they will say basically the same as you, that I should check price before I buy and it was my fault in the end, so it'll be a waste of time.

Cheers anyway though guys. b:surrender
  • Kysay - Heavens Tear
    Kysay - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Typical catshop scam, got caught too recently. Was doing crazy stone, felt lazy and bought the stone from a catshop, bought too fast and the last stone costed me 201k.

That will teach me to go too fast. =P

I'm so scared of that happening!
    So when doing stones I make sure I only have 25k on me, and I always double check the price of everything.
    There was this guy who was selling Blemish for 2870, but I swear he had them all at 2970.
    He later told me that the topaz had a typo, which was the first one in the shop. But I swear I checked all of them at least twice.
    Also there was this time someone was buying mirage for 22k, but really it was like 21333, or something like that. It's not a huge difference but it still made me mad, cause I sold to him. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Actually I used to do that to help figure out the true market price. For example, say I had 100 mirage celstones to sell but wasn't sure what the going price for them was. I'd put 4 stacks of 10, priced at 18k, 20k, 22, and 25k. The theory being that a buyer would see the different prices and buy the lowest cost one. If I sold out of everything except the 22k and 25k, then I knew the market price was around 20k-21k. If I sold out of everything except the 25k, then I knew the market price was between 22k-24k. Then I could put the remaining 60 for sale at what I'd determined was th emarket price.

Well umm.... you can either price all 4 at like 100k and it would be not scamming.

If you price 3 at 40k and 4th one at 400k. It does how your are trying to scam

Just don't make the price difference 10x... Some variation is fine. But 10x... come on... so ezpz to tellz da scammers!

• Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Who needs urban legends when you have computer bugs.

Humans are unable to make a mistake when they are unable to understand that they just made one.

Common 21-century logic: "I don't see how I made a mistake, therefore it's impossible for me to make an error. Because usually I can tell when I make mistake (though I can't explain why when I see it's a mistake I go on and make it anyway instead of avoiding it) Since I can't tell it now- it must be bug. Yeah definitely a bug."
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Also there was this time someone was buying mirage for 22k, but really it was like 21333, or something like that. It's not a huge difference but it still made me mad, cause I sold to him. b:sad
    I've accidentally bought a mirage from the Cube NPCs for 200000, thinking it was 20000. Just as I clicked "buy" I thought to myself, "Maybe I should double-check all those zeroes and make sure it's really 20k." But my finger clicked before my brain could send the abort command. I really wish they'd put commas in the prices on the NPC and cat shop displays.