MMO Blues

Aoe - Heavens Tear
Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Sigh, Lately i don't feel like playing pw, or anything else on the internet. What do you do yourself to snap out of it. I''m not sure why I don't feel like playing either, maybe cause my guild consist of just me and my bf lol, and when he doesn't play it get's boring no one to talk to. I have lots of friends in my friend list and I talk to them but I'm not high enough really to go zenning with them.

So I got the mmo blues don't feel like farming or grinding. For some reason it's just not interesting anymore. l wish they had some mini games you could do on the side.... Anyway please post what you do to snap out of it?

Oh just so people know i don't respond to flaming and things, not that it's not interesting. Lol i suck at snappy come backs and frankly i never like to argue or get upset over something like that (saves on the stress for me and less dr visits.) ^ ^ If you can i'd like an honest comment of how you get over your mmo blues.
Post edited by Aoe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    force yourself to level, it gets better at my level.
    rather than make your own faction, join one with people actually in it
    waste money on teles, and go and say something extremely stupid and watch all the stupid retorts
    spend all your coins, spending is stress relieving
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Take a break and come back to it. Roll a new character and try out a new class for awhile. Grind while re-watching your favorite show or checking out the DVDs of something new. Those are my tips. :)
    yay
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    When I don't feel like playing, I browse the forums and help people... Or just kinda sit back and watch some anime or play video games - Dot **** and Final Fantasy are a few of my favorite "get back into PW" mood swingers.

Also, I suggest maybe talking to your BF about finding a new guild...give you both someone to talk to when the other's not on :(
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    there was a time when i was about rdy to give up playing then i met my in game wife and it was like i got the will to play again. So what im saying is nice to have a game partner and when she isnt on i just chat in faction or something but u should get a bigger faction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IAOE - Harshlands
    IAOE - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Similar names ftw.

But uh... I've noticed that if I take a break from a game for long I get bored and don't want to play anymore. What I would do if I were you is work on your manufacturing skills.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I know the feeling. I think it's because you and I know this game is not suppose to be about grinding and becoming "uber alles". it's about being in fantasy community. A pleasant break from reality. But people have dragged all their petty vanity and real world issues into the game with them. Also most of the good conversations takes place inside guild chat. So you never get to know what kind of artists, philosophers, writers, rebels, humorists etc walk beside you since they don't talk. BTW some smart people who play the game know that they most likely get ridiculed by dumb-asses if they say something too smart in public channel. And keep low profile or most of their conversations casual.

Of course some may read about this blues of yours and maybe decides to PM you to cheer you up. But is that what you want? occasional cheering up via PM that again appear to be silence to other people who may need just the same thing.

Solution?
    I'd say what this game community needs is an open channel week. Just come out of your shells of private, guild and squad chats. Come out of closets and dare to speak openly. And then you see what kind of community we in fact have here. I have no idea how it's gonna turn out. But I'm sure it ain't gonna be boring!
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sigh, Lately i don't feel like playing pw, or anything else on the internet. What do you do yourself to snap out of it. I''m not sure why I don't feel like playing either, maybe cause my guild consist of just me and my bf lol, and when he doesn't play it get's boring no one to talk to. I have lots of friends in my friend list and I talk to them but I'm not high enough really to go zenning with them.

So I got the mmo blues don't feel like farming or grinding. For some reason it's just not interesting anymore. l wish they had some mini games you could do on the side.... Anyway please post what you do to snap out of it?

Oh just so people know i don't respond to flaming and things, not that it's not interesting. Lol i suck at snappy come backs and frankly i never like to argue or get upset over something like that (saves on the stress for me and less dr visits.) ^ ^ If you can i'd like an honest comment of how you get over your mmo blues.

One word...

FRIENDS

If friends are like zombies and most of them are dead. Umm... then... yea, I have no idea why your playing either.

Or you know, have lots of ... wild and hot... steamy.... wet.... grinds with your boyfriend.

P.S. You suck! (your boyfriend's thingy)! Muwhahahah Dam I"m evil.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    go find a really crappy game and force yourself to play it until you wanna throw your computer out of your window.

Then come back to PW b:cute
  • Theotus - Heavens Tear
    Theotus - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    These are a few things that i have done when i was bored.

-Go waypoint hunting/adventuring.
    *when i was about lvl 22, i found myself running around the desert looking at lvl 100 mobs. pretty cool. :-)

-Go harvesting/farming.
    * it's fun when you are alone sometimes. I time myself and see how many of a certain mat i can get. then, if i get it, i reward myself with something i've been wanting, like ice cream or something like that. :-)

-Go spirit grinding.
    *find a bob about 5/10 lvls lower than you, and beat the **** out of them for a while. it's fun to feel super tough sometimes, and you get some decent spirit as well.

-Level your crafts.
    *i usually do this after my farming. It's a great way to reduce the bulging inventory, and it's nice to be one of the few with maxed crafts. :-)

-PK/duel
    * even at lower levels, this can be fun. you can make some good friends while doing it, win or lose. it's also a nice way to train yourself, and remove the grinding mindset you get with constant leveling.

- Level you genie...with your own exp.
    *It can be annoying sometimes, but it's well worth the effort. it feels good to know that you are pushing yourself for 140% of each level. it can be very rewarding.

and last but not least

-Rep hunting
    *do a lot of one man army quests. also go to the wraith battles. you can get some good money, celestones, and rep by doing so. :-)

I hope i helped a little bit. :-)
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ^ ^ These are really helpful thank you everyone. I'll be looking for a faction today. I know everyone wants to do TW, but my character is level 32 veno. >.< i dont have a herc or phoenix yet so I think it will not have a good chance for getting into a tw guild yet, but i'll look for one that i can have some fun in.

I'll try everything out but I'll welcome more suggestions. Hopefully I can shake the blues....
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you're bored, just log out and do something else. Go see a movie, go to an amusement park, play mini-golf, go to a museum, take your dog to a park. There is a lot to do outside of the game, and if the game is boring it's probably time to do some of that stuff anyway.
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im in the 70's blues right now and i feel your pain. I grind 90% of my levels now. One thing I did was start some other toons and learn more about the game and its classes, which i have found very useful as a cleric so i know the strengths and weaknesses of the people i heal and keep alive daily. Tear has a good point about spending. Once your higher in levels money is a breeze to make more so then in the 30's. Save your cash and buy something cute and frilly, then show off your bling and strut your stuff. Im in the process of saving for a shopping spree since my quests are done and im grinding the next 89% b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I usually just do Crazy Stone and nothing else for a bit when I am bored or annoyed with the world. Sometimes I will go looking for neat locations and take screen shots and try to get cool pictures if I do not feel like actually fighting.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    idk im bored with the game for now, and need a break, im kinda sick of these random aggros that monsters do while mobbing, wasting my f'ing angels. i mean herc bashes it twice, and it takes reflect damage, but when i go and attack a new mob for mobbing, old ones comes after me. its bull man.

take a break and play a console RPG where the world is in your control
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Theotus gave you most of the best ideas, but if even none of those sound appealing I suggest you simply do crazy stone and log back out. One of the best features about this game is that you can progress even when you hardly play. In most games if you take a few months off you will come back to the game at level 32 just like you are now. But in this game, as long as you log in once a day for crazy stone you can gain dozens of levels with hardly any time commitment and come back to the game with a ton of quests and new skills. You just log out next to the crazy stone quest giver each day. When you log in grab the quest, make your stones, turn them in, go afk for 10 minutes, turn in the quest, and log back out. It only takes a couple of minutes (as long as you go afk during the 10 minute clock) and gives a significant portion of your level each day (especially at your level). You can save even more time grabbing several days worth of stones all at once (perhaps during one of those 10 minute breaks you are waiting for). Then you can go straight from the quest giver to the person that wants the stones. Thanks to this one quest you can get from level 30 to 100 without ever grinding as long as you are patient.