Need opinions on windcatcher

neutralman
neutralman Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Archer
Hey guys, I noticed that the level 88 crossbow windcatcher is a cheap alternative to TT items. I was wondering what you guys thought about this bow, is its +2 range and -0.1 between attack speed bonuses bad compared to other bows?

I heard it was cheap but Im not sure how much I should pay for the mould (im on lost city). The other alternative for me would be to use a Chained Jail which someone is offering to me for 1.7mil. What are you pro archer's opinions about this? Is windcatcher worth it?
Post edited by neutralman on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Chained Jail for 1.7m is amazingly cheap on Sanctuary at least.
    The complete set of mats for chained jail (yes going back to a TT60 xbow)

5 Broken drums
    5 Tentacles
    8 Feng's iron bars
    8 Chin's Plate
    11 ulti's (i think)
    and more.

Chained jail has great states and the stun proc is actually pretty cool. If you restat you can transfer the surplus str chained jail gives you into more dex.

That said windcatcher does have more base dam. I think a chained jail + 4 is about the same as windcatcher + 0 ignoring stats. The +2 m and -.1 are good too.

If you are 88 I'd go with the Windcatcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    windcatcher is 20chips+900k coins so im assuming around 2-2.5mil
    windcatcher will only really last you 2 lvls, i see most the 9x archers in HT using the dragon bow
    the 2 weapons have fairly similar attack granted the 14-15 dex bonus of dragon bow, but that extra 1.8%~ crit would be nice, the 2 range i hear is pretty negligible
    id go for dragon bow and ++ that sucker
    for the 10 lvls till dragon bow used chained jail or soulsmasher
    the dragon bow will take 2-3 and 3-1 but thankfully not the hardest bosses
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    On lost city its price goes for 700k-1 mill but usually i see it going for 850k in AH. It is usually used as a inbetween weapon while getting mats for HH90. Another thing people do is since they +? and put in flawless gems into their HH80 weapon they are trying to sell it or trade for another one + coins so windcatcher lets them get by while they do that. The shorter shooting time is nice but 2 meters is negligable for pk since you arent pking at ur greatest range unless its a sneak shot b:chuckle . I personally wouldnt stick with it over hh90 weapon. Blinding raidiance gives Physical Attack +100, Dexterity +14~15, Critical Hit Rate +1% it will cost a lot more but i find it worth it since you wont be lvling 90-99 really fast. Either way do as you like ^^.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Dragon bow...wow

Get urself a blinding radiance and while ur waiting get a windcatcher. Windcatcher is an in between weapon as its stronger than hh80 but doesnt match up to a blinding radiance.

ps. dragon bow=bad
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear
    ArwenFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Dragon bow...wow

Get urself a blinding radiance and while ur waiting get a windcatcher. Windcatcher is an in between weapon as its stronger than hh80 but doesnt match up to a blinding radiance.

ps. dragon bow=bad

how is dragon bow bad? its a relatively easy bow to obtain and i don't see anything wrong with bonuses.
  • Strawberrie - Lost City
    Strawberrie - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    how is dragon bow bad? its a relatively easy bow to obtain and i don't see anything wrong with bonuses.

i'm curious why dragonbow is bad too?
  • darkforse
    darkforse Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    OMG ppl WindCatcher is awesome
    how can u say TT90 is better?
    with the -0.10 on Windcatcher and the TT90 bracer u will be hitting at 0.32/attack. thats effectivly 3 attacks per second
    GET WINDCATCHER + THOSE BRACERS=FAST KILLIN :D also windcatcher is best for grinding as it kills them very fast,
    good luck with ur choice :)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    darkforse wrote: »
    with the -0.10 on Windcatcher and the TT90 bracer u will be hitting at 0.32/attack. thats effectivly 3 attacks per second
    GET WINDCATCHER + THOSE BRACERS=FAST KILLIN :D also windcatcher is best for grinding as it kills them very fast,

those numbers are so off and this is so a necro
  • Miyakoto - Heavens Tear
    Miyakoto - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    l o l . hehe moszy

lol im just sticking with +6-7 soulsmasher for grinding and a BR for pvp til i +5 that BR XD
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    darkforse wrote: »

Please explain this math.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    His math is fail... its a 0.71 attack speed
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279561
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Aww... I was trying to set him up...