Genies in the trade state

Options
Delia - Harshlands
Delia - Harshlands Posts: 227 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I got my genie to trade state today...

And I could no longer infuse exp into it, because I couldn't switch from exp cube to exp or spirit. I didn't have an exp cube on me to see if that would work.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but either way, the text a genie displays while in trade state is very misleading to say the least, as it begins with "This Genie is in NO-TRADE state" and continues with a bunch of confusing information, which both gets cut off mid-sentence (likely due to no method of word wrap-around being enabled on the display box), and the statement that you can in fact infuse exp into a tradeable genie.

Just thought I'd point this out.

And for those who were curious, switching to NO TRADE state is instantaneous.
Post edited by Delia - Harshlands on

Comments

• XXDragoonsXx - Sanctuary
    XXDragoonsXx - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    the reason u are unable to change it is beacuse u have to switch it out of trade befoe u can change the setting on the exp
  • valorien
    valorien Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I had the same problem. It didn't say anywhere that once in Trade-State the genie couldn't be leveled. This is extremely misleading. Anyway, it instantly switches back to no-trade so it isn't a huge issue but PWI needs to make the text clearly state this.
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The entire Genie skill, exp and all windows are too... overdone and shiny to look nice. They seriously don't fit with the rest of the PWI interface and makes it hard to read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Tradeable genies can only be leveled with exp cubes. While non tradeable genies can be leveled with all three methods. I believe this is a safety measure. Such that if your account is illegally accessed, they won't be able to rob you of exp/spirit.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Tradeable genies can only be leveled with exp cubes. While non tradeable genies can be leveled with all three methods. I believe this is a safety measure. Such that if your account is illegally accessed, they won't be able to rob you of exp/spirit.

If your account is illegally accessed, all they have to do is instantly change the state back (NO-TRADE --> TRADE READY = 1 week wait, which TRADE READY --> NO-TRADE = Instant), then rob your exp/spirit to their evil hearts content).

I honestly don't know why it's made that way...perhaps a GM can shed some light on this? Any little reason or hint would be greatly appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

If that'd be the case, one could change it to non-trade state immediately.

Question: Can you switch it back and forth with no time penalty after the initial one, or will you have to wait a week again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • Mer_Lina - Sanctuary
    Mer_Lina - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    After getting into tradeable mode, if you switch out and back to trading you still have the 1 week waiting again.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If your account is illegally accessed, all they have to do is instantly change the state back (NO-TRADE --> TRADE READY = 1 week wait, which TRADE READY --> NO-TRADE = Instant), then rob your exp/spirit to their evil hearts content).

I honestly don't know why it's made that way...perhaps a GM can shed some light on this? Any little reason or hint would be greatly appreciated.
    If that'd be the case, one could change it to non-trade state immediately.

Question: Can you switch it back and forth with no time penalty after the initial one, or will you have to wait a week again?
    After getting into tradeable mode, if you switch out and back to trading you still have the 1 week waiting again.

Its instant when you convert a genie from trade to no trade. But it takes a week to convert a no trade to trade. So if someone is going to rub you of exp/spirit, it would take them a whole week to do it. And if you don't notice something within a week... i guess its gonna suck for you.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

edited May 2009
    Options
    Its instant when you convert a genie from trade to no trade. But it takes a week to convert a no trade to trade. So if someone is going to rub you of exp/spirit, it would take them a whole week to do it. And if you don't notice something within a week... i guess its gonna suck for you.

*shrugs* All I'd have to do is get the account, switch the genie to NO-TRADE status, rob whatever character I wanted of all their exp and spirit, do that with whatever other characters they had, then just log off and enjoy the lulz.

b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    *shrugs* All I'd have to do is get the account, switch the genie to NO-TRADE status, rob whatever character I wanted of all their exp and spirit, do that with whatever other characters they had, then just log off and enjoy the lulz.

That would only be "robbing them" if you then traded away the genie itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options

Yea, but you don't get anything out of this. Any genie above 40 (?) can't be decomp in no-trade state. So there is really no way for you to obtain their exp/spirit, unless you have like 100 tradeable genies and level them to 20/30 and decomp, then take the exp cube. But then the genies itself will be worth more then what you'll be getting. Furthermore, even if you level a genie with their exp/spirit and log off, you're not getting anything. And they might even thank you if you end up with a 100/100 genie.

edited May 2009
    Options
    Yea, but you don't get anything out of this. Any genie above 40 (?) can't be decomp in no-trade state. So there is really no way for you to obtain their exp/spirit, unless you have like 100 tradeable genies and level them to 20/30 and decomp, then take the exp cube. But then the genies itself will be worth more then what you'll be getting. Furthermore, even if you level a genie with their exp/spirit and log off, you're not getting anything. And they might even thank you if you end up with a 100/100 genie.

*blinks* I think we have a misunderstanding. All I'd want to do is have them log in an say "WHERE IN THE NAME OF PAN-GU IS MY SPIRIT AND EXP!!!!ONEONE!11" No items gone, no Genie decomposed. Best used on a high-leveled character...y'know, around high-80's, 90's...when exp means a lot...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    *blinks* I think we have a misunderstanding. All I'd want to do is have them log in an say "WHERE IN THE NAME OF PAN-GU IS MY SPIRIT AND EXP!!!!ONEONE!11" No items gone, no Genie decomposed. Best used on a high-leveled character...y'know, around high-80's, 90's...when exp means a lot...?

If you can get me a 90/90 genie, i'll be gladly set my exp to 0%. And if that do happen, i don't think they'll be the one crying. Heck, i would even settle for a 80/90 genie.

edited May 2009
    Options
    If you can get me a 90/90 genie, i'll be gladly set my exp to 0%. And if that do happen, i don't think they'll be the one crying. Heck, i would even settle for a 80/90 genie.

Sure. Just gimme your account name and password, and you should have it within the week! ...just don't log in for a week, I want it to be a surprsie. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

They still might not care considering they didn't actually lose anything. That's the problem with trying to do something like that: it tends to backfire.

I guess you could just assume they said "WHERE IN THE NAME OF PAN-GU IS MY SPIRIT AND EXP!!!!ONEONE!11" so you could feel better about yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Sure. Just gimme your account name and password, and you should have it within the week! ...just don't log in for a week, I want it to be a surprsie. b:laugh

Its the same reason that i carry credit cards instead of cash. Even if it goes missing, i am not responsibile for the charges, but that doesn't mean i'll be standing at the street corner handing out my cards.

edited May 2009
    Options
    Its the same reason that i carry credit cards instead of cash. Even if it goes missing, i am not responsibile for the charges, but that doesn't mean i'll be standing at the street corner handing out my cards.

Amen to that.

Cards > Cash

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]