Battle Royale in Sanctuary!

HolyInferno - Sanctuary
HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Let's say we put all the top leaders of guilds on an island and tell them only one will come out on alive...who will it be? and why? b:chuckle

They are allowed their
full gear
apoc pots
genies
pets
...that is all

*another i'm bored thread :P*
b:bye you were all swell peoples
Post edited by HolyInferno - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Goooo DAn!!! >:D
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    No offense Dan....you know I love you as my leader....

but I voted for Cyrstalized.....she slipped thru the back door quietly and unseen.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm not sure if I agree with the order of the options :P

Is this a free for all or a structured tournament of 1v1 battles? If it was 1v1 probably vert would come out on top being a barb but if it was a free for all he would be eliminated by the others early for being the greatest perceived threat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    even though i'm in nef, mages are just like paper they die easily
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Something tells me this poll will give you a rough idea of how many people from each of these guilds frequent the forum. <By looking at the votes for the leaders>

Not voting cause I have now idea how good each of these people are PvP wise. ^^,

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
    edited May 2009
    I talked with Holy some and the rules are a free for all where flying is allowed.

Because of this what matters most in the initial stages is not brute strength but politics and diplomacy. At the start would everyone gang up on Vert to eliminate him early? Perhaps they would elect to eliminate the pheonix users first?

I think Dan would actually do quite well at this stage as he seems to have a good understanding of others. I'm not too sure how the mid game would play out once the initial alliances begin to dissolve. I suspect those who are the most trusting will be the first betrayed by their former comrades and so would be the next to fall.

The end game will be a simple battle between the final two and so the ultimate victor will have to be capable of winning that battle.

So the qualities of the winner

1) Not perceived as an immediate threat
    2) Not that trusting of others
    3) Capable of defeating another in a 1v1 battle

If Aka could get pass the initial round of killings I think he would win but as it stands I think it would be a dark horse contender like xAsch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Dark_Exile - Sanctuary
    Dark_Exile - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    1v1 vert would win. free 4 all.....well lets just say anything with less that 5k hp is 1 shot. xD
    Death is only the beginning.........

Vae Victus
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Kuma can't even win duels against half his faction members, I'm depressed that he has to represent us :c.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    sorry byno :P but leaders only. Perhaps he can be very diplomatic and undercut everyone? power isnt everything ya know
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    DarkRings - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    All about opinion(s).
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well perhaps if the Outlaw leader were in the options he may well win for his cunning ability to use game mechanics to his advantage. I think the Leader of Outlaw would come to the conclusion (given it is a free for all) a Bm would win amongst these choices. The Outlaw leader would play the coward role to start and not show just to throw the rest of them off, but just before that BM kills the "last" contender the Leader of Outlaw would log on and own that silly BM in the neck. b:laugh
  • Xaratul - Sanctuary
    Xaratul - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm not sure if I agree with the order of the options :P

Is this a free for all or a structured tournament of 1v1 battles? If it was 1v1 probably vert would come out on top being a barb but if it was a free for all he would be eliminated by the others early for being the greatest perceived threat.

I imagine it is FFA. but on 1v1 i dunno if vert can take on Crystalized.... Fast channel + herc + nix + plumfish.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~NefariousNecromancer
  • Akasera - Sanctuary
    Akasera - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I imagine it is FFA. but on 1v1 i dunno if vert can take on Crystalized.... Fast channel + herc + nix + plumfish.....

Herc, nix, and plumpfish? Exactly what sort of material plane are we fighting in? o_O
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    May I ask why my name is Italicized in the poll? What are you trying to emphasize? b:chuckle
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited May 2009
    May I ask why my name is Italicized in the poll? What are you trying to emphasize? b:chuckle

It's because you voted for that newb <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    b:chuckle

Dan, Dan, Dan......

Guess there is no rules against voting for yourself eh? b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ah touche! But hey, what's stopping the others from voting for themselves as well? ._.

I'm just one of the few that like to read up on things, to get informed or.. whatever else I like to read up on. O_o;;
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited May 2009
    lets just leave that at that.....b:laugh

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    gogo dan :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XFlay - Sanctuary
    XFlay - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I voted Asch. :P partly because I'm bias, and partly because his 12k hp is alot to get through :O
  • Xaratul - Sanctuary
    Xaratul - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Herc, nix, and plumpfish? Exactly what sort of material plane are we fighting in? o_O

One where they have their maximum equipment (pets counts). Read#1 post of reference >.>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~NefariousNecromancer
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    sorry byno :P but leaders only. Perhaps he can be very diplomatic and undercut everyone? power isnt everything ya know

Kuma being diplomatic? mi lawd Holy, go to your corner >c.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Kuma being diplomatic? mi lawd Holy, go to your corner >c.

nuuuu b:surrender

change leaders, i change poll hehe
  • Akasera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    One where they have their maximum equipment (pets counts). Read#1 post of reference >.>.

So....maximum equip now means we get to triple summon (or better yet, can I summon everything in my pet bag?), on a plane where both flying and swimming are equally feasible? K

Otherwise, I doubt the herc or plumpfish ever comes into play if you just mean summoning new pets. Nix dies, any sensible veno will just revive it if they actually are given the freedom to summon a new pet in the first place, only takes a couple seconds more and herc/fish damage is laughable in comparison. Only exception might be my debuffing bear if one on one with an HA towards the end, but I digress.
  • Urban_Ninja - Sanctuary
    Urban_Ninja - Sanctuary Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'd say boynxtduh cuz he's so **** with his **** fairy which will ****-alized all of them that will cause a oandemonium of the ultimatum of the battle royale in which i dont know what im talking bout but anyways I wanna say Hi to all my family and friends from the land of time like OMG!...............
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    nuuuu b:surrender

change leaders, i change poll hehe

Change leaders? Hmm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    So....maximum equip now means we get to triple summon (or better yet, can I summon everything in my pet bag?), on a plane where both flying and swimming are equally feasible? K

The scenario specified an island so the battle sphere includes the air above, the land below, and the water nearby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Go Dan, go! :D

Dan has too much HP @_@;
    Back.
  • Akasera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    The scenario specified an island so the battle sphere includes the air above, the land below, and the water nearby.

Sigh, you missed my point, which was the number and variety of pets is largely irrelevant, under the assumption you can only have a single pet out at any given time per game rules, and we all know which one the venos are going to choose.
    edited May 2009
    Sigh, you missed my point, which was the number and variety of pets is largely irrelevant, under the assumption you can only have a single pet out at any given time per game rules, and we all know which one the venos are going to choose.

And if the opponent should jump in the nearby water?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]