Questions for 60+ Wizards

Feiric - Harshlands
Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Wizard
I'm curious how long it took you to get to lvl 60, 80 or 90? I hear wizards level the slowest, which is kind of befitting of a wizard according to even fantasy books. So I'd like to know.

Also, how much did you play each day in that time period? Did you solo your way to it, when possible?

Just want to read about others' experiences and get an idea on what to expect once this lowbie joyride ends.
Post edited by Feiric - Harshlands on

Comments

• dokutenshi
    dokutenshi Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It took me exactly 2 months to get to lvl 60. Completely solo, did all the quests.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    o.o took me two weeks.....but i used scroll when i was 40+ and played about 6-8 hours a day. I knew where everything was though (original main char was archer lvl 86 switched to wiz since i wanted to be more original) and have a friend veno who was 63 with herc to help me with all my fbs and bosses.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    any class can be leveled quickly when played correctly. not as quickly as a wf, but close enough. wizard dominates pve. push backs, seals, teleports. after 29 they level 10 fold. after 39, u might wanna spend some coin on mp pots and you'll level even faster. at 49+, you have have to move again.

pve is a joke to a wizard. especially when u hit 80. those fish are 3, 4 hits? 4 at 80 i believe. and u have near 14k water defense with your shield. you'll level every few days if u grind their regularly.

it took me 3 weeks, on and off, to get 59 on a wizard. and when i did play, it was for 2 hours or less.
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wizards do grind pretty fast, but sux pvp pre-90
  • Ladyaradia - Sanctuary
    Ladyaradia - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Took me about 6 months to reach my current level- 88 - which is higher and lower than some players that I've known for a while. I guess I average about 10 hours of playing a day, no joke, and your leveling will be faster the more you team up with people.
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Took me about 6 months to get where I am. However, I also duo with a BM constantly, and level up 4 other characters actively on a rotational basis (their levels can be seen in my sig). I've used a scroll maybe once in 60 levels, and have never done a rebirth - I grinded the hard way. I'm also the director of my guild, which means I put a lot of my play time towards helping my guildies with bosses/FBs, recruiting, and general adminstrative stuff.

I spend an average 6-8 hours a day playing, more on the weekends, a little less during the week.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • josefinemutzenbacher
    josefinemutzenbacher Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have a lvl81 wiz atm. I took me long time, as I'm playing since october 2008. Its my first char in my first MMO ever, so I was kinda confused at the beggining. It took me exactly one week to get to lvl30. First couple of weeks I was playing like a madman, like 10-12 hours a day. Now I level like once a week, but I don't have as much time to play as I used to, I mostly do dailies (both WQ and Crazy Stone quest) and grind for like one-two hours a day. I also had a couple of breaks - week in January, over month long in February-March and so on... If I only did dailies during these breaks, I'd certainly be like 3-4 lvls higher than I am.

When I tried the other version of PW I've leveled my wiz to lvl31 in one day, approximately 9 hours of playing :D But then I left it alone and came back to PWI.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Uuuhm, 4 months, ish?
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Uuuhm, 4 months, ish?

How would I know?
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    5 months for me O.o
    Mon to Fri just do daily
    SAT and SUN play almost the whole day. (sometime outside, can't play).
    lvling a bit more slow after i got a gf LOL ,cause i help her a lot b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Norina - Dreamweaver
    Norina - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've been playing nearly 2 months.

As for this slow-leveling stuff, I haven't seen it. Just get your quests done. Do the grinding. Don't waste time auction shopping and the levels will come as quick and easy as ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ((AFK from game. bbiab.))
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I started the first day of the dreamweaver, and I'm over 60 for a while.
    I have a 2yr old, so family takes a big chunk of my free time. All in all, I hit 60s in about 2 months, not playing more than 2 hrs/day.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    Well I guess that's not too much longer than I was hoping for, all together. Thanks.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    About a month to 59. Mostly play 1-3 hours a day, more at weekends. I invest some time to mats farming so to have money for skills/equipment/whatnot, so it can be faster (but i SERIOUSLY suggest you to do the same. it's no fun being broke, believe me). Started using exp scrolls on 57, 1 hour grinding on water mobs = 20% exp + enough money to repair and buy another 2 scrolls. Now i'll roll alts to experiment with genies, so getting 60lvl will be much slower >_>
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    it took me like a month to hit lvl 60
  • TrollWarlord - Heavens Tear
    TrollWarlord - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lvl 60 took me long time coz i had messed up stats since start
    got a reset at 44 when i died several times being at 99.9%
    but if u wanna make ur mage lvl up fast the easiest way is to be selective about the elemental mobs while grinding
    u can choose fire, water, metal
    going against earth -- i wont advice that

wood can be tolerated if it can be killed quick
    else poison stack can kill !!
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    playing since november, but when i just started I didnt play much. And even now i prefer fun instead of grinding... so i dont lvl that fast b:victory
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    iv been playing fro about 5 months i think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I started the very end of october. So basically 7 months. I took a month break, and I don't grind that much.
  • Tsukaine - Heavens Tear
    Tsukaine - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm curious how long it took you to get to lvl 60, 80 or 90? I hear wizards level the slowest, which is kind of befitting of a wizard according to even fantasy books. So I'd like to know.

Also, how much did you play each day in that time period? Did you solo your way to it, when possible?

Just want to read about others' experiences and get an idea on what to expect once this lowbie joyride ends.

well, bout 3 months for lvl 60 but i played the game helping others a lot of the time, and roaming. faction leader ALWAYS said i lvled slowly b:surrender
  • Anemone - Harshlands
    Anemone - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    My first wizard took about two months to reach 75.. not sure about 60. In HL, I hit 70 in about 3 weeks (60 in under 2), took a two-three week break, been back for a week-ish and now I'm almost 79. The first was pure magic all the way, the second was LA 1-60, pure 60-78. If the second had been pure all the way, I think I could have leveled it faster.

1-60, wizards can level rather slowly if they don't have charms or apoth items (one or the other) compared to classes that can auto atk. With charms, they can level fairly quickly. After about 65 you can do water mobs for your grinding all the way up to around level 90 (minions of alucard, dragonmaids, mystic undines, ultrafin supremes) and spend all your time two to four shotting them, so imo pve actually gets easier.

One of the perks to being a wizard is zhenning can actually be cheaper than grinding on mobs with charms if you leave it at a low enough level, too. Makes getting from 60 to 80 or so a piece of cake. So you can be lazy and still get good exp. :3
    Formerly /Haiku/ of Lost City.
    Still cognitive atrophy at its finest.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    After about 65 you can do water mobs for your grinding all the way up to around level 90
    After 56. Some kind of mermaids 57lvl (can't remeber that lol) and ultrafin protectors 58lvl. Those mermaids drop a shtload of stuff, i can solo exp scroll them (~20% / hour at 59) and get enough loot to buy another TWO scrolls. Water mobs ftw b:thanks
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Anemone - Harshlands
    Anemone - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    After 56. Some kind of mermaids 57lvl (can't remeber that lol) and ultrafin protectors 58lvl. Those mermaids drop a shtload of stuff, i can solo exp scroll them (~20% / hour at 59) and get enough loot to buy another TWO scrolls. Water mobs ftw b:thanks

Most people hate those because of how close they spawn together / they seal, etc, but they are good exp yeah. There is another ultrafin mob that's 3x that can get you to 40 as well. O:
    Formerly /Haiku/ of Lost City.
    Still cognitive atrophy at its finest.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Since I screwed up my Blademaster when I started, I tried to make my wiz as perfect as possible. Spent a whole day researching builds, skills, fighting style etc.
    lvl1-40 in 1 week
    lvl1-60 in 1 month and a half
    lvl1-70 in 2 months.

Not sure how accurate that all is but oh well.

EDIT:Realised it's not very accurate, I took a 2 week break from level 50-60 though.

Also, I hate grinding on water/air mobs, they're always in packs and the way they spawn can get you flanked easily.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I guess I average about 10 hours of playing a day, no joke...
    I spend an average 6-8 hours a day playing, more on the weekends, a little less during the week.

Holy ****ing **** I wish I had that much time... anyways, my trip through perfect world:

1-40 in three days (long weekend)

took two weeks off then went 40-60 over finals week (friday-saturday)

and then I've leveled once every 10 hours of game time since (figure I could get to 70 with another 4-day weekend).

So far I have never zhened (and don't plan to), never used an XP scroll (costs too much for me, I horde my coins mwahaha). Speaking of coins I've been able to afford like the nicest of everything, my avatar looks hella cool with the fashion I have (pure white shoes ftw b:victory), I have a double spurred polar bear mount (my favorite), a sexy rashnu (2.5speed), and yeah, all but 4 skills maxed to my level (lvl 59 skills destroyed my spr b:lipcurl)

So yeah... to end my psuedo wall of text, I for one say that Wizzies rock (PvP too if you're sneaky). I make great money (about 200k per hour grinding, well above what my guildies make), I level fast (can throw up about 10% per hour at 60~63.75 so far, and I love being what imho is the best class in the game b:laugh

b:victory
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Holy ****ing **** I wish I had that much time

Mind you, only about 3 hours of that time is actually spent leveling...the rest is spent doing thankless tasks...like answering guild members questions while doing homework :)
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    I want 8 hours a day to play games b:cry
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    edited May 2009
    I want 8 hours a day to play games b:cry

Me too ... I only play about 3-5 hours of frequently interrupted game hours a day. Weekends depend on real life plans and activities, including work.

On a side note - I'm taking chantix to help me quit smoking, and it is giving me some weird dreams. I dreamt last night that I was playing perfect world and I had a sword with the description "Gives you experience." After a lapse in my dream, I went from 3x to 62 and noticed that my exp percentage kept ticking to 100. Got really nervous because everyone was going to think I was cheating lol. "How the **** did you gain 30 levels to 60 in two hours!?? BANNED"

I feel dumb when I dream of a video game.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    On a side note - I'm taking chantix to help me quit smoking, and it is giving me some weird dreams. I dreamt last night that I was playing perfect world and I had a sword with the description "Gives you experience." After a lapse in my dream, I went from 3x to 62 and noticed that my exp percentage kept ticking to 100. Got really nervous because everyone was going to think I was cheating lol. "How the **** did you gain 30 levels to 60 in two hours!?? BANNED"

I feel dumb when I dream of a video game.

forget 8 hours of video games, i want the number for your weedman