Buying Mats!!

Valshana - Harshlands
Valshana - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2009 in The Crafting Nook
Buying Cotton thread, Grease, and wood logs @ 25 coins a piece.. and Yiyuan stones @ 15 coins a piece (limit 100 of each)!!
Contact me ingame through mail or PM!

I realize my prices are kinda cheap but I'm trying to Avoid spending ungodly amounts of coins on this stuff.. and I think the prices peep's have been selling it for in the kitty shops are Insane.. >.<
Slavish devotion to rules is a sign one needs to Get Laid. :P
[sigpic]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7562524002&dateline=1242531050[/sigpic]
Post edited by Valshana - Harshlands on

Comments

• Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I know the prices in catshops seem expensive (and often are), but the prices you're asking for are basically free. When you have some in your inventory, check the price listed on the popup - that's what people get for selling them to the NPC's.

What you're offering is three times LESS than that. Someone might help you out but you'll need to pay at least 100-150 coins for each of the mats. Most will be priced at 600 each which is scary at your level, but more reasonable for the higher levels, so most of the catshops will keep up the prices like that.

A reasonable price for the Yijuan stones must be at least 40 coins as that's how much it costs to make them (based on the NPC price of the equipment that is decomposed to make them). You'll need to pay at least 100 coins at most catshops for those. Don't pay any more than that though :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • Valshana - Harshlands
    Valshana - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    yea..... most of the catshops I've checked out have been selling all the mats listed for like 1000+ I think thats Insane and I refuse to pay it. If I could find some shops that were selling stuff for around 100c a piece I actually might not mind paying it, I'd jus have to buy a lil les then I'd hoped for.
    Slavish devotion to rules is a sign one needs to Get Laid. :P
    [sigpic]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7562524002&dateline=1242531050[/sigpic]
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Don't worry, you'll make money quickly enough by picking up coins, drops, and farming your own materials. Just keep an eye out for them when you're questing, and do your manufacturing when you have a nice pile. It adds up very quickly when you just do it when you see it. It's too tedius to just hunt them down without doing something else :p

1,000 is definitely too much to pay for the materials, especially the lowest level ones. Don't buy those, it'll only encourage the scalpers. Max you should pay (if desperate) for lowest level mats is 300-600. Best you can expect to find at any given time is 160-400. Unfortunately, it's usually around 300 unless you find a random Buck The System person like me tossing the last two mats out in Catshop. I was selling some for 160-200 the other night because I'd finished upgrading my skills and had about 3 mats left that I couldn't use. I had the lowest price by about 400 coins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hate to break it to you, but you wont buy those materials for 25 coins each.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Sumerisle - Dreamweaver
    Sumerisle - Dreamweaver Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Prices for second tier mats (eg, rough fur, purified oil, etc) are even more expensive. They are averaging about 4000 coins each in catshops on DW.
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!
  • Otani - Dreamweaver
    Otani - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    In CotLost the only mats I'm seeing for 1000+ are for 2nd tier materials (silk thread, coal, gravel, rough lumber...) or the first bank quest (disguise skin, antenna, rhino tusk...) Most lowest level forages I see average around 500.

Also take into account that what you see pricewise represents what hasn't sold yet. If the price is too high it may be the reason why it is still there for you to see it. Really cheap stuff may disappear fast.

25 per piece isn't worth the time to run to a node, dig it up and run back to town to try to sell it to you. Whacking a level 10 monster will get you 25 coins.

Best advice for going on the cheap...LOOT YOUR KILLS. Amazes me when going through heavily hunted areas how many people can't be troubled to loot. It may not be dignified, but if someone kills something, loot falls, and they run off to do something else, heck yeah I'll pick it up. I don't stalk people, but if I'm in a field full of sparkling piles of coins, and no one else seems to want the stuff....

Because Mrs. Zoologist is a harsh mistress. You think mats are expensive, check her out.
  • Flieyah - Dreamweaver
    Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Buying Cotton thread, Grease, and wood logs @ 25 coins a piece.. and Yiyuan stones @ 15 coins a piece (limit 100 of each)!!
    Contact me ingame through mail or PM!

I realize my prices are kinda cheap but I'm trying to Avoid spending ungodly amounts of coins on this stuff.. and I think the prices peep's have been selling it for in the kitty shops are Insane.. >.<

b:chuckle good luck!
    "What we do is what you just can't do."
    b:cool