Why do games never make cool classes

jag3r
jag3r Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
always the same stuff...

wanna know what i want?

Some dark cloaked assassin like necromacy melee scythe weildin jackass!

thats what i wannna play as ._.

that too hard to ask?

Imma go to sleep but if a GM reads this (and i dont know the GMs habbits which differ from game to game)

thiiink bout makin me a speshal class ;D
I'm trying dangit!

So far so good! not famous yet =\
Post edited by jag3r on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    go play diablo then stupid whiner.

make a freakin necromancer, use a reaper's toll battle scythe and voila, you have your dark, scythe wielding necromancer.

no one wants unoriginal garbage on PW :D
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    go play diablo then stupid whiner.

make a freakin necromancer, use a reaper's toll battle scythe and voila, you have your dark, scythe wielding necromancer.

i have to idea what your talking about but i like it
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Corsen - Heavens Tear
    Corsen - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Because the definition of what's "cool" and what's obviously "not" is dependent largely on personal preference and opinion.

Developers of such games will have run opinion polls to find out what people deem "cool" or "not" but just as obviously the result of such polls will depend on "the opinion of the majority".

Now please don't say that this is where democracy kicks in, because it doesn't. Polls are rigged, which you know if you've ever done quantitative statistics with opinion/attitude polls and every question does not give the target audience a choice between what they like and what they don't like, but between what the game developers think the target audience will like or not.

You tell me: "which box do you tick if the choices you are given don't satisfy your criteria for "I like this" enough and there is no "others/specify" category and your not allowed to leave the question unanswered?"
  • Dalgon - Lost City
    Dalgon - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i do agree with ur argument
    it would be good if evryone could custom make they're on char
    but it would be a lot of work for the devolpers an there would be major lags cause evryone is so different (it's already laggin when u have someones face settings on)
    so it would be great but not very realistic until evryone has super internet with massive download an upload /ps
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    jag3r wrote: »
    Sounds like a teen emo wanna-be class...
    lemme guess .. you want some leather flapping clawed wings to go with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    play guild wars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Easy enough...

Roll a BM. Get black fashion...use spear branch...done....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Insergapwn - Harshlands
    Insergapwn - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2009

I guess you've never played any other MMO's b:chuckle
  • Xxfrostxx - Harshlands
    Xxfrostxx - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    THOSE probBLY WONT BE made since PWI is based on mythology and i dont think that thing u mentioned is about Chines mythology....(is it Chinese?sorry) >_>
    edited May 2009
    I guess you've never played any other MMO's b:chuckle
    actually i have, thats why i mentioned diablo -.-; necromancers look exactly like this tard wants on there
  • NaturesSoul - Sanctuary
    NaturesSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wat about under water race that can also go on land like lets say a turtle or a crab like creatures but even if they did i would still stick wit my barb

barb rulesb:victory
    DO NOT FEED - DaNGER DO NOT TRY TO PET WILL BITEb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    faction:Charisma
    ALTs: lvl 32 veno,lvl 21 archer,lvl 13 cleric,
    lvl 12 BM,lvl 7 wiz,lvl 20 sin,lvl 18 psychic
    edited May 2009
    YES I WOULD TOTALLY PLAY A TURTLE BARB.

wow thatd be lame
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Actually most of those classes are protected by licences so they'd have to pay alot of money to use them.This game is free so if you want it to continue to be better not ask for a necromancer xD.
    Diablo is not a mmo since the servers you can create are 8 ppl max and it's not a bad game at all,but then again we're entering games likes and dislikes.
    edited May 2009
    diablo IS an MMO, just not in the sense we'd recognize today. the games you make theyre just instances pretty much :P. ultima online way back in the day was the same way
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    doesn't mmo stands for massivelly multiplayer blah blah blah.Don't see the masivelly thing in it.And it's not old games.Many new D&D games have the same type of servers for gaming even if to a max of 64 ppl.Doesn't seem masivelly to mean.It's just the multiplayer part of a game.MMos are for what i understand it ONLY online playable games.
    edited May 2009
    although, you have to take in consideration, some of these old games couldnt handle large amounts of people like they can now, like ultima, everquest, and diablo/diablo 2. ultima invented instances to rid of lag/KSing/looting each other etc.

games in 02 kind of took the market by storm though defining MMOs as you see them, when they started to get better in quality like ragnarok online (25 freakin million users in asia rofl), ultima 2, and lineage, FFXI, etc. FFXI kinda invented the way we see MMOs today as it allowed players from every continent to join together rather than have seperate servers for them all like D2 does
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    I see it's kinda the oposite of the games i'm playing even if our tastes intersicate(spell?-i should've just say cross)in PW.I normally play NWN2 types of games in witch the graphic is really for nasa computers almost,so yes that could be one of the reason they don't allow high numbers in.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Go role out a Dervish with an Avatar of Grenth build and look cool.With black dyed Primevil armour.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Actually most of those classes are protected by licences so they'd have to pay alot of money to use them.This game is free so if you want it to continue to be better not ask for a necromancer xD.
    Diablo is not a mmo since the servers you can create are 8 ppl max and it's not a bad game at all,but then again we're entering games likes and dislikes.

Um, no, Blizzard cannot copyright Necromancer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Um, no, Blizzard cannot copyright Necromancer.

Nope they can't as ArenaNet has it to.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sounds like a teen emo wanna-be class...
    lemme guess .. you want some leather flapping clawed wings to go with that?

Couldn't be any worse than whats already on offer here.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Darksky - Heavens Tear
    Darksky - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    jag3r wrote: »
    always the same stuff...

wanna know what i want?

thats what i wannna play as ._.

that too hard to ask?

Imma go to sleep but if a GM reads this (and i dont know the GMs habbits which differ from game to game)

thiiink bout makin me a speshal class ;D

YAY ... WE HAVE A WINNER .... Sucker Of 2009

What kind of games you used to play ?? ... hummm let me think, Pokemon? No, there you only have 1 stupid fella walking around like crazy fighting agaisnt flees ... Super Mario ?? Na, i dont think so either cause it only has 1 stupid guy jumping (no customization at all) ..

So tell me exactly what tha f*** you want ??

This game is FREE, and for a FREE Game its awsome ....

Quote: "Some dark cloaked assassin like necromacy melee scythe weildin jackass!"

Power Ranger ??

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh noes...my avatar is bald b:shockedb:shocked <
    WTF b:laughb:laugh
  • Flieyah - Dreamweaver
    Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You guys simply have not been playing enough video games...
    There are basically a ton of different kinds of characters, themes on several different games out there. True, most FtP seem to go into the Asian Fantasy realm, but there are other games out there.
    So wherever you want to play anything from space ship pilot , super-hero/villian, crazy futuristic class, and even brake dancer, there is a game out there for you.
    You can even check out games that give you total flexibility when it comes to constructing your character. One that comes to mind in the FtP arena is Dungeon Runners where any character can learn any skill.
    So if you think all classes suck, then maybe it's time to look for another game.
    "What we do is what you just can't do."
    b:cool
    edited May 2009
    Nope they can't as ArenaNet has it to.
    ^LOL

ARENANET / THE GUILD WARS TEAM LEFT BLIZZARD AFTER THEY MADE DIABLO 2 -_____-;

lrn2videogameplease