Can you stick with the fb xbow until lvl 50 ?

Options
valhold
valhold Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Archer
I know its weak, but sinister doesnt seem to be the way to go, being 8 lvls away from GS bow.
Post edited by valhold on

Comments

• Goldian - Dreamweaver
    Goldian - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Yes.

b:bye
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    valhold wrote: »
    I know its weak, but sinister doesnt seem to be the way to go, being 8 lvls away from GS bow.

Stick to the FB19 xbow until level 50 ?! That is almost absurd. Why would you do that, i mean ok, you don't have the money for Sinister (which btw is better if you are on a PvE sever), but you really should afford a Giant Crossbow at level 35 (at least 2 stars) or idk..anything else in between level 33 and 45. I said 45, because at that level you will get Bow of the Goddess anyway, as a quest reward.

I used Sinister and worth every little penny, but that is just me. Besides, when I bought it, there were no supply boxes or anything else alike, so i had no choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Goldian - Dreamweaver
    Goldian - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Use the fb19 xbow till 46 and get bow of the godess for free .. at lvl 60 get tt60.. and so on. Don't waste money you'll rush trough lvls pretty fast anyways
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Im level 39 and im using a two star lightning bow. It hits higher and more consistantly than the fb19 bow (which is 3 star). So you know how many shots will kill a monster you are grinding on and no last minute winged pledge/lightning strike to kill a monster. It hurts more because a crossbow is slower.
    I guess ill use the lightning bow until i can afford sinister shooter (90% chance i wont get it) but ill probably end up with the quest reward that you guys are talking about at lvl 46.
    Oh yeah, and lightning bow looks awesome. Even more awesome if you get 3 star and it glows b:laugh
    Giant crossbow looks ****. Sinister shooter looks the worst of all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Chowy - Lost City
    Chowy - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'll be damned if you can stick with 1 bow for 30 levels =X
  • Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary
    Kitsuneaki - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ...........*walkes away from this thread*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    6X Sin on RT
  • Masodaf - Sanctuary
    Masodaf - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ...........*walkes away from this thread*

I'll come with you, though if you don't mind, i'm going to walk. I'm not entirely sure what walkeing is...

b:chuckle
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I had a SS - it isn't comparable to GS IMO. Not even for grinding, where it shines.

That being said - just buy it and sell it, you can get some great deals for SS atm. I bought mine for 450k and sold it for 850k. That's on Heavens Tear btw.
  • Veracious - Sanctuary
    Veracious - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    1-30 = Trial Xbow
    30-45 = Random AH weapons of your level
    45-60 = Bow of the Goddess
    60+ = TT Weapons/Legendary Weapons
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Doesn't your damage get worse/stop increasing as your your level is greater than your weapon's required level?

You'd really be doing nothing at like level 40. By 30 i made new weapons for myself xD A 3 star bow too.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    1-30 = Trial Xbow
    30-45 = Random AH weapons of your level
    45-60 = Bow of the Goddess
    60+ = TT Weapons/Legendary Weapons

imo, with the introduction of GSL, it should be as follows.

1-19 = Anything you can find
    20-34 = Trial xbow
    35-49 = A decent xbow at 35 (preferably atleast 2 star)
    46-49 = if you like, use quest reward: bow of the goddess
    50-59 = General Summer's bow
    60-68 = TT60 xbow
    69+ = Wind and the Clouds.

At 70 you may consider a xbow for pvp and it boils down to preference after TT60. (but then again all these boil down to preference anyway >.>)
  • Flieyah - Dreamweaver
    Flieyah - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Use the fb19 xbow till 46 and get bow of the godess for free .. at lvl 60 get tt60.. and so on. Don't waste money you'll rush trough lvls pretty fast anyways

Pardon my ignorance, but where do you get that bow?
    "What we do is what you just can't do."
    b:cool
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    You obtain the Bow of the Goddess after completing the quest to vanquish Suzerix. This occurs at level 46, although the bow has a level 45 requirement to wield it. It is possible to find it on the market at level 45.